Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615163 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T110: BURN THE HERETIC?
« Reply #7080 on: February 16, 2015, 01:02:00 am »

As far as I can tell from your previous dealings, the nature of the Eldritch is just the alien and the inconceivable itself; not the forcing of knowledge upon fragile minds. The mind naturally shields itself from such knowledge by simply refusing to accept the input, in most cases. You shatter this barrier and with it, the sanity of those who run afoul of it.

And if they are indeed an integral part of it, that would just make me all the more opposed to you, wouldn't it? Melyssa doesn't get a free pass for torturing people just because she's a God of Torture, just like Grauel wouldn't get a free pass if he decided to start eating entire cities. And before you bring up the Dragon incident, Malakath, that was resolved peacefully precisely because I didn't try going to war over it or anything, and I couldn't anyway because then I'd be eaten too, with how powerful he was at that time(and still is).

And yes, driving insane innocent people to spread your religion is 'that much'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: February 16, 2015, 01:06:29 am »

"I propose we develop a protocol of guidelines on how to deal with the void."
"How about we quit talking about it and rout all Void presence from the Bubble? I think that would be best, don't you?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: February 16, 2015, 01:18:45 am »

"Perhaps we should make a dedicated anti-Void energy specifically to remove Void Influence. One of Darruth's angels and the Lunagee (the Keshan dust ring made Atropos' sapient half-angel) already negate and destroy Void Influence so it's merely a matter of replicating that and making it a form of energy. Perhaps we can make it its own magical attunement? In the long run it would be cheaper than making all present and future suns anti-Void. Fear not, Ghizher, anti-Void magic will not affect you or your magic."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: February 16, 2015, 01:53:53 am »

I'm genuinely curious at this point as to why the Anti-Void sentiment seems to be so overwhelmingly popular or pushed through, considering they haven't been doing much in the bubble that's actually detrimental to us lately. Just seems rude and ill-thought out to antagonize them. They are more powerful than we are. If they're being friendly, why are we telling them to screw off?

And don't get me wrong, some Nulls definitely can and should be told to screw off, just seems unnecessary for many reasons to try and continually get rid of influence. Perhaps some faction in the Null that doesn't have much to do with Bubbles typically is working with some of the other gods to try and weaken it's rivals by some fraction?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: February 16, 2015, 02:01:23 am »

"There are three factions of the Void: Umbral, Liminal, and Luminant. Umbral is the smallest faction with both the Luminant and Liminal factions being larger. The Luminants' plans expressly involve the destruction of our Bubble, meaning we have to suppress them. The Liminals will try to keep the balance of the Umbrals and the Luminants by empowering the now-suppressed Luminants, meaning we have to suppress the Liminals as well. Since a majority of Void Beings are our enemies it makes sense to create anti-Void energy. The Umbrals are for the most part neutral so they won't be affected much anyway. As for their power, they can only express their power if they have Influence in our Bubble. Decreasing their Influence means decreasing their power. They aren't being friendly. At the very, very best a Null will only be neutral to us. Other Nulls will deal with us with varying degrees of malevolence, if only because their influence in our world would be a negative in the long run."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:52:15 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:00 am »

"I don't know anti-void energy seems to simple of a solution, but you might be onto something there. I fear that the Umbral voidlings are the most dangerous and would not allow any influence of theirs to spread around, but this is a mere gut feeling."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: February 16, 2015, 06:42:06 am »

"I've looked into created anti-Void energy myself. These are the results:"
Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
$$$Response
? ? ?, may require Void knowledge and experience on Essence
"There are two important things to note here. Firstly, the idea that Essence is somehow key to creating anti-Void energy. I think this more-or-less proves that, even going by the theory that Void Energy and Essence are almost the same thing, that they are most definitely NOT the same thing and are intrinsically different on a very base level and should they should thus be treated separately."

"The second and possibly more important element is that it may require Void Knowledge and Essence experience. Remember that these are just the possible requirements for a god trying to create this energy on their own. The Council or perhaps even a mere collection of gods could forcibly create this energy."

Lord Malakath checks the Divine Library for books related to Essence, Void Energy, anti-Void Energy, and struggles against the Void by gods of other Bubbles (how the gods fought the Void and also which Void factions were the most dangerous.) ((Just post all the books you're written up and we'll wait for the rest, I guess.))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:50:35 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: February 16, 2015, 07:21:39 am »

"I've looked into created anti-Void energy myself. These are the results:"
Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
$$$Response
? ? ?, may require Void knowledge and experience on Essence
"There are two important things to note here. Firstly, the idea that Essence is somehow key to creating anti-Void energy. I think this more-or-less proves that, even going by the theory that Void Energy and Essence are almost the same thing, that they are most definitely NOT the same thing and are intrinsically different on a very base level and should they should thus be treated separately."

"The second and possibly more important element is that it may require Void Knowledge and Essence experience. Remember that these are just the possible requirements for a god trying to create this energy on their own. The Council or perhaps even a mere collection of gods could forcibly create this energy."

"Void Energy comes from the anomaly of stable Bubbles existing in the entropic Churn. I would advise against creating Anti-Void Energy in large amounts. I have the knowledge and experience required, but sadly that experience also tells me it is a Bad Idea."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: February 16, 2015, 07:48:31 am »

"Void Energy comes from the anomaly of stable Bubbles existing in the entropic Churn. I would advise against creating Anti-Void Energy in large amounts. I have the knowledge and experience required, but sadly that experience also tells me it is a Bad Idea."
"Please don't be like Fusil. If you're going to give us advice, please give us the reasoning for that advice as well. Why shouldn't we create anti-Void energy? If possible, can you share with us the source of your information or at least tell us what it is? We are dealing with the fate of all existence and it wouldn't do anyone good to be kept in the dark."

"How is Void Energy different from Essence then? What is Essence?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:50:50 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: February 16, 2015, 08:28:36 am »

"I managed to get my hands on some Void Energy when Yaos came back as a monster. I performed some experiments and gained plenty of insight into the natures of both Essence and Void Energy. On another occasion, I asked the Oracle a few carefully worded questions to learn more. In conclusion, Essence is Void Energy distilled by sapience. Void Energy can be used to manipulate entropy in both directions, while Essence can do that and create new matter in addition. The Bubble itself is a source of Void Energy, an anomaly in the Churn. The Churn seems to be both Void and Anti-Void Energy, as paradoxical as it is. Creating this Anti-Void Energy might burst our bubble, both figuratively and literally."

"In short, don't be hasty when trying to find a way to fight against the Void."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: February 16, 2015, 09:30:50 am »

"thanks for the intel. Maybe we should wait with the anti-void energy. Instead we should focus on how to contain void energies from enterig our societies. Maybe we start looking at clues from the past."

travels to the first known location of void influence to study the remains and question the remaining cultistst and bystanders

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: February 16, 2015, 09:36:54 am »

"Why Don't we just Party?"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: February 16, 2015, 11:17:38 am »

"I propose we develop a protocol of guidelines on how to deal with the void."
"How about we quit talking about it and rout all Void presence from the Bubble? I think that would be best, don't you?"
Well if we were in that state already, obviously we wouldn't waste time with talking. Clerly we have to find a common ground from where we work from, hence we need the Code of Conduct,"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: February 16, 2015, 01:44:38 pm »

Our lack of knowledge on the void is unacceptable, we should definitively seek to learn as much as possible about it. We should know more about the goal of each specific factions, know which is threatening and which might be helpful or at least neutral. We also need to know more about essence, how it is generated from worship and sphere influence and how it affect us.

I therefore Propose that we make research on essence and void a priority. I will do research on my own if the council refuse to do so.

For now, I will send my orb to the limit of our bubble to try to learn more on how does it stops the void from entering and find more about how essence and void interacts.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: February 16, 2015, 02:07:19 pm »

"He is right, and his priorities don't seem off. Please aid us here fellow gods."
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475