Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 50385 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Sorry, yeah I meant to say: people who are caught in malicious lies are scummier than merely inactive players, though outright lies are rare. What is more common is misremembering, exaggeration, oversimplification etc. And town can be guilty of that as well.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep feeling like going after Varee for having weak cases is the epitome of an easy mislynch.
So we should excuse everyone with a weak case because it might be a mislynch even if having a weak case is, in and of itself, a sign of poor scumhunting and thus scum behavior?

Not everyone, but I recently participated in two games in which Varee got mislynched due in no small part to his uhh... playstyle. Right now I'm reading him as town because he lines up with the play he established in those other games. Sadly, merely poor scumhunting is not a fooplproof scumtell. It's all about context and intent.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Apoligies for not posting recently.

I will keep my vote on TheDarkStar for poor scumhunting, and seeming to prioritize defending himself over scumhunting (something mainly Day 1, but his poor job of scumhunting today hasn't helped.

Scripten
, at one point today you linked to a TDS post and said I looked suspicious because of that. Why? TDS having a town read on me?

Cheeetar: If you had to choose a side in the Deathsword-Varee argument, who would you side with?

NQT: Yesterday you analyzed people based on who their scumbuddy was likely to be? If TDS is scum, who do you feel is their most likely scumbuddy? Least likely?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Cheeetar: If you had to choose a side in the Deathsword-Varee argument, who would you side with?

Varee, because I'm more sure that he's town- this isn't a comment on the quality of eithers scumhunting.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scripten
, at one point today you linked to a TDS post and said I looked suspicious because of that. Why? TDS having a town read on me?

Specifically how adamant he was. However, this is mostly WIFOM, so I wanted to engage you to make a read that involved interacting with one another.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone: I'm about to die and flip, so I'm going to leave stuff here.

Sorry, yeah I meant to say: people who are caught in malicious lies are scummier than merely inactive players, though outright lies are rare. What is more common is misremembering, exaggeration, oversimplification etc. And town can be guilty of that as well.

Once I flip, make sure to play attention to this. NQT hasn't offered evidence that I am lying at all, even though he has had a very long time to. If he doesn't explain tomorrow, lynch him (barring jailor stuff).

As for Cheeetar, I actually happen to be busy IRL right now, so I don't have much time to post. Your case on me consists of "I don't think you have no time; you're actually just lazy and like to ignore posts", with basically zero other arguments. NQT has a similar argument; check what both of them say are why I am scummy and see if it is actually a valid reason to vote. PPE: You summarized the reasons you found me scummy. Why don't they also apply the other people who voted for flabort, don't post much, or weren't that involved with RVS (which isn't that important anyway)? You also attack my scum pick; it seems you're just attacking me for scumhunting (and then you complain that I don't scumhunt enough). Why are you defending Scripten and why do you think that it's bad if I find someone scummy that you do not?

At least one of the people who is voting for me is scum; I've seen the same pattern over and over. Read over the last two days, take into account flips and power roles, and focus on the people who voted to lynch me (and also flabort). The two people who voted/are voting both times are Persus and Scripten; this should make both of them somewhat suspicious. Persus is still the least scummy of the three, and other people (like DS) have a few things that also make them scummy.

If there's a cop, the cop could maybe check one of Cheeetar, Persus, and Scripten.

Good luck town.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Processing day end.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Night 2: Arrrgh. (1 Replacement Needed)
« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:51 am »

A decision was made.

TheDarkStar did not resist.  He merely frowned and handed his gun to Cheeetar.

One shot later, he, a loyal sailor, was dead.

Day 2 has ended!
Votecount:
*TheDarkStar - Persus13, Cheeetar, Scripten, notquitethere (4)
*Scripten - TheDarkStar (1)
*Cheeetar - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - Worldmaster27, Deathsword (2)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword - Varee (1)
Not voting:

Extension requests: - 0/3
Shorten requests: - 0/5

TheDarkStar has been lynched!  TheDarkStar was a vanilla townie!

Night 2 ends at 9:30 PM PST, Wednesday, November 5th.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 3: Less Headaches (1 Replacement Needed)
« Reply #248 on: November 06, 2014, 12:11:08 am »

Day 3
As each crew member but one woke up, they were greeted by a strong smell of smoke.  As each crew member but one left their tent, they learned why.

Scripten's tent was on fire, with Scripten's corpse lying in front of it, his blackjack beside him.

After dousing the fire, the crew returned to their search for the traitors.

Scripten has been murdered!  Scripten was the jailkeeper!

Votecount:
*Cheeetar - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee -  (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword -  (0)
Not voting: Cheeetar, notquitethere, Varee, Persus13, Worldmaster27, Deathsword

Extension requests: - 0/3
Shorten requests: - 0/4

Day 3 ends at 9:30 PM PST, Monday, November 10th.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 3: Less Headaches (1 Replacement Needed)
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2014, 12:24:22 am »

Deathsword, Varee, care to comment on why the jailkeeper died?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2014, 01:31:52 am »

One thing I really want to address. This is aimed at a dead person, but it bears saying.

Once I flip, make sure to play attention to this. NQT hasn't offered evidence that I am lying at all, even though he has had a very long time to. If he doesn't explain tomorrow, lynch him (barring jailor stuff).

That's because NQT never called TheDarkStar a liar. I did, and TheDarkStar asked for evidence. I provided it, and then TheDarkStar accused NQT of calling him a liar without evidence- seemingly missing both my answer to his question, and misattributing the person who accused him.

It seems truthful when TDS claims to have had a great deal of trouble paying attention to this game. I am slightly discouraged that he is, with his IRL problems, preparing to host a game and also join another- I fear that he may find himself similarly ill-affected in capability.

Persus13, why are you voting for Deathsword, why do you find Varee suspicious?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2014, 01:33:55 am »

Actually- would it be better to vote for no lynch today, given that there are 6 alive and it's MYLO?

Hesitantly: unvote Persus13, vote No Lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2014, 02:21:47 am »

Well........
First thing first,
DS, Your respond are pretty half hearted and you seem to forgot what you said in your earlier post. I quoted thoses Q because you keep saying you missed only ONE question which i have proved that it is not true.
Since you are so adamant I am ignoring (not missing, not in Varee world, oh no), why don't you say which mythical questions those are?
  I did what you want me too or asked me to, why do you seem to not like it? I did say quoting post is a pain on a phone so I can only do it sometime.
Ok high post count might not mean that you post alot but if you really want to do that, I can go get a word count and see if you really have the lowest content. Your tunnel vision and single minded focus might leads to a better case than mine but I think all the point in you case also apply to you too. You said I am actively lurking but what you are doing is lurking which is no better than what I am.

Now let see what else.
I refused to answer question - OK this is one of the thing right? The question that i didnt answer was an extention to the one you keep mentioning, NQT asked me what will I do different in this game. I already stated the reason why I didnt answer that question, It the same reason NQT didnt answer the question about scum tell. Just saying what you are looking for make it alot harder to spot it as people will be aware that you are looking for it. So What wrong with that? Why dont you go bug NQT for not answering that too?

So DS how can I tell that you are not deliberately "missing" question to avoid answering them? Why do you keep changing your mind and questioned why I answered a question you posted yourself?

Next , Scripten.
I dont believe that Scripten suddenly make a case on NQT is just because the reason she stated. I think she must has gotten some info during the night, I dont know why no one else thinks that it is weird. Maybe they are staying low to avoid suspicion (that you DS,WM). Persus I dont understand what you want, The jailkeeper died because she was killed in the night?

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 06, 2014, 02:53:49 am »

I can believe that Scripten did target NQT on the first night, but if so it's just as likely it was the scum targeting NQT- he's a pretty high value target, after all.
I've played some mafia.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2014, 12:29:23 pm »

Persus13, why are you voting for Deathsword, why do you find Varee suspicious?
They were the ones making a big deal about the lack of a kill and talking about who the jailkeeper was (Deathsword may have used it as an attack point, but he still made a big deal about it.)

But you're right, we should have a No Lynch today.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21