Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 50394 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 3: Less Headaches (1 Replacement Needed)
« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2014, 07:34:20 pm »

Do you have questions to ask them, Persus? We should still use this day to scumhunt.

Worldmaster27, Deathsword: Do you still view Varee as the most scummy player?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2014, 07:45:02 pm »

Do you have questions to ask them, Persus? We should still use this day to scumhunt.
You mean besides the question I already did ask them? Yes, but I'll think I'll wait. I'm fully aware that we need to scumhunt today, I just was busy with studying for a midterm yesterday.

Anyway, I was siding with Deathsword yesterday, but right now Deathsword's only partner could be Worldmaster, so I don't think Deathsword is scum, just tunneling town.

Currently, scum pairings could be NQT and Cheeetar, Varee and Cheeetar, Varee and NQT, and Worldmaster and anyone. Which makes me highly suspicious of Worldmaster right now. I'm going to read back and let you know if I find anything interesting.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2014, 08:10:19 pm »

The scum pairings seem especially of use, particularly when it comes down to Day 6.

Spoiler: NQT's votes so far. (click to show/hide)

NQT's most likely scumteams: NQT-Cheeetar, NQT-Persus. I don't believe either of these are likely.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2014, 08:11:10 pm »

The last link in my spoiler above is wrong. It should link here.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2014, 08:36:51 pm »

Blargh. When I said Day 6 in my above, above post, I meant Day 4. I just saw the version number of NSBM and got confused temporarily.
I've played some mafia.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2014, 09:03:26 pm »

To reiterate what I said earlier, with a small modification: My posts tomorrow will be small or there may be no posts at all. There will certainly be no posts during the weekend. Monday will be normal.

Deathsword, Varee, care to comment on why the jailkeeper died?
Although Varee did try to fish for the jk, I don't think there was success on that front. Still think he is scum, mind you, but I don't think that fishing worked.

DS, Your respond are pretty half hearted and you seem to forgot what you said in your earlier post. I quoted thoses Q because you keep saying you missed only ONE question which i have proved that it is not true.
Since you are so adamant I am ignoring (not missing, not in Varee world, oh no), why don't you say which mythical questions those are?
  I did what you want me too or asked me to, why do you seem to not like it? I did say quoting post is a pain on a phone so I can only do it sometime.[/quote]
First, as I already said before: if you cannot quote, then just note down the post number and place it in your post, pointing me (or anyone else) to it. Second, care to explain how my answers were "half hearted"? Because the people who asked those questions in the first place did not even seem to care about my answers, or found them satisfactory enough not to comment. I thought I had missed one question, for only one was brought to my attention. The people who asked the others did not see fit to point out that I missed their stuff. I am not infallible when it comes to reading, sometimes you miss stuff. As for the last part, I am pointing out that you are utterly convinced (or faking being convinced) that I must have not answered those questions on purpose, rather than by accident or distraction. Don't paint yourself as a victim.

Ok high post count might not mean that you post alot but if you really want to do that, I can go get a word count and see if you really have the lowest content. Your tunnel vision and single minded focus might leads to a better case than mine but I think all the point in you case also apply to you too. You said I am actively lurking but what you are doing is lurking which is no better than what I am.
A lot of words also do not mean content. I could write a book and say absolutely nothing at all. There are even scripts on the internet for that very purpose. Also I was lurking. Past. Something that ended, that is no longer the case. Also, I like how you explicitly admit in the end of that quote that you are active lurking. That you are intentionally trying to look active without actually doing anything.

I refused to answer question - OK this is one of the thing right? The question that i didnt answer was an extention to the one you keep mentioning, NQT asked me what will I do different in this game. I already stated the reason why I didnt answer that question, It the same reason NQT didnt answer the question about scum tell. Just saying what you are looking for make it alot harder to spot it as people will be aware that you are looking for it. So What wrong with that? Why dont you go bug NQT for not answering that too?
Because, unlike the question asked to NQT, yours had no bearing on how the game would unfold. You could have said yes or no, some reasoning as to why and that was it. You were not being asked how you would find scum. You were being asked if, looking back at the finished game, you could tell whom the scum were. NQT's question, on the other hand, required an answer that would say how he would be playing here, in this very game.

So DS how can I tell that you are not deliberately "missing" question to avoid answering them? Why do you keep changing your mind and questioned why I answered a question you posted yourself?
In truth, you cannot, but seeing as you were the only one to actually make a fuss out of it, you could have deduced by the others' reactions that it was not intentional. I think the one time I refused to answer a question was in my first non-BM game, and there, like you were here, I was grilled for that. Furthermore, I have no idea what you are talking about that I keep changing my mind. Could you clarify?

Maybe they are staying low to avoid suspicion (that you DS,WM)
Why do you think WM is scum? I don't think I've seen a case, or even a reason, as to why, other than trying to link them to me via accusations of lurking. Also WM is up for replacement, so it's not that they are lurking, it's that they are not in the game anymore.

Worldmaster27, Deathsword: Do you still view Varee as the most scummy player?
Yes. Although I may end up no lynching if that seems the most advantageous option.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »

Seeing as you're unable to post very much after this day, Deathsword:
What are your reads of all the players currently alive? What are the most likely scumteams for you?
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2014, 05:15:34 am »

DS ....
@NQT :

Quote[/size]Quote from: notquitethere on 23,October 2014, 12:20:41 am
In the games you've played before do you think you should have been able to work out who the scum were in hindsight?

I dont remember all the game I played in before but for the last few of them the answer would be no ......[/font][/size]The latest flabort game, I was less focus on helping the town and more on just getting to day 3 as the alternate wincon look more flavorable.  I remeber having a really hard time guessing who the scum is in dead chat.The BYOR before that was a little hectic and there no scum so to say......The CYOM was err i dont remeber that too well but I was not doing a very good job except for causing trouble....

maybe i should have quoted this a long time ago.......

Anyway by "changing your mind" I meant you asked me to quote the old questions then you asked me why I quoted irrealevent questions.

And
In truth, you cannot, but seeing as you were the only one to actually make a fuss out of it,

You are giving me shit about it and noone else so I am making a fuss out of it becuase of you.

Back to something else.

So let assume Scripten jailed NQT last night(which is what I think happened)
   There two scenario right? NQT is the scum or NQT is the scum target.

If NQT is the scum, I think Scripten wouldn't be kill in N2 as she is likely to repeat the target, But it is also possible that she           assumed NQT is not the scum as she change her vote of him after her case on NQT during D2. As Cheetar has said, he or             Persus might be helping NQT and getting Scripten of him as Scripten's case was not very good

If NQT is the scum target, which is likely because of 1 his case on someone or 2 he is just an experience player. NQT is a               good scum target as he did a lot of read and analysis. Scum might have tried to get rid of him because of his high activity.
      Or maybe Wm or Deathsword is trying to get the pressure off them. Saying that NQT also pressured me and Persus too so..
      Or maybe someone is trying to throw suspicion of to other.

The other thing that could have happend is the scum choose not to kill and claim JK later but ..... I dont think that is going to     happend now but it is also a possiblity [/size][/font]
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2014, 06:19:02 am »

It probably (?) isn't going to gain us much speculating about the actions Scripten might've taken- seems too close to WIFOM.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

OK, so it's very likely Scripten targeted me as a jailer on N1 given their initial attack and the likelihood I'd have been targeted N1. I think we should make sure to extend this day until we get a replacement for Worldmaster. We're pretty screwed if we're in MYLO with an absent player.

How's that coming along, Jack?

Persus
NQT: Yesterday you analyzed people based on who their scumbuddy was likely to be? If TDS is scum, who do you feel is their most likely scumbuddy? Least likely?
Bit late now, but I was thinking Varee or Worldmaster as a possibility.

What do you think of Varee and Worldmaster? Your vote on Deathsword was a bit odd: wasn't Varee the one who was fishing for the jailer all game?

To respond to TDS's worries:

Sorry, yeah I meant to say: people who are caught in malicious lies are scummier than merely inactive players, though outright lies are rare. What is more common is misremembering, exaggeration, oversimplification etc. And town can be guilty of that as well.

Once I flip, make sure to play attention to this. NQT hasn't offered evidence that I am lying at all, even though he has had a very long time to. If he doesn't explain tomorrow, lynch him (barring jailor stuff).
I never said TDS was lying. I said he wasn't reading the thread, which this comment proves once again. It behooves town players to actually respond to people's repeated questions.

Deathsword, you've not conversed with Worldmaster at all in the entire game. He even asked you two questions which you never responded to and he never followed up on. What do you have to say to Worldmaster's replacement?

Worldmaster's replacement, I hope you come into existence. When you do, can I get some reads?

Cheetah, what do you think of Varee's play so far? How are you reading them?

Varee, what do you think of Persus13 and Cheetah?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

OK, so it's very likely Scripten targeted me as a jailer on N1 given their initial attack and the likelihood I'd have been targeted N1. I think we should make sure to extend this day until we get a replacement for Worldmaster. We're pretty screwed if we're in MYLO with an absent player.

This is reasonable. Extend.

Cheetah, what do you think of Varee's play so far? How are you reading them?

Varee is the hardest person for me to read- I was absolutely convinced he was scum or at least anti-town in a prior game, and he was not. This shakes my confidence in reading him somewhat. It's very tempting to read his questioning about the jailer and his general cluelessness as scummy, but... it seems equally likely to me that he's poorly performing town. I'm not sure what to think! Much more confident making reads on other people. Sorry.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 07, 2014, 07:31:32 am »

I'd probably gain more information looking at people's voting towards and attitudes towards Varee- which is what I'll attempt to do tomorrow at some point.
I've played some mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 07, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »

How's that coming along, Jack?
No replacement offer yet.  I'll post about this in Banter.

Votecount:
*Cheeetar - (0)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee -  (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Worldmaster27 - (0)
*Deathsword -  (0)
*No Lynch - Cheeetar, Persus13 (2)
Not voting: notquitethere, Varee, Worldmaster27, Deathsword

Extension requests: notquitethere, Cheeetar - 2/3
Shorten requests: - 0/4

Day 3 ends at 9:30 PM PST, Monday, November 10th.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 07, 2014, 07:08:54 pm »

Okay, so! People who interacted with Varee, and how many votes they threw on him.

Spoiler: Cheeetar (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NotQuiteThere (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Persus13 (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Worldmaster27 (1) (click to show/hide)
Side note: Worldmaster27 was the laziest member of Flabort's lynch. So, y'know, I'll have to focus on his replacement when/if he comes around.

Spoiler: Deathsword (2) (click to show/hide)

Least likely scum-mate for Varee: Deathsword.
Most likely scum-mate for Varee: Persus13.

Verdict? Likely town, would vote for Persus13 or Deathsword before voting for Varee.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »

Aw. It's been two days. Weekend inactivity stinks. Would somebody else at least vote for an extension?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21