Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 256117 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - Clumsy Trigger Finger
« Reply #435 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:42 pm »

I'm guessing it's a post-vs-preview thing, given the same first quote.
However, the content after them is different...

Hm....

Mod, maybe you don't want to confirm someone's posting restriction.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 12, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

I'm not confirming or denying anything.

However, it's most likely that I did.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 12, 2014, 02:11:03 pm »

Aren't you also forbidden from double posting?
I thought I'd lost that first post so I restarted (notice that the first quote is thee same in both, and my reply is roughly the same in both).

So, when we can we expect that you'll be modkilled?
Considering it was obviously a mistake, I'm hoping TolyK will be lenient.

I'm guessing it's a post-vs-preview thing, given the same first quote.
However, the content after them is different...

Hm....
I believe this is what happened, because after I previewed my first post I found I couldn't edit it anymore. I thought it was a bug, so I refreshed the page and wrote up that second post.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »

Just kill all the witnesses.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Just kill all the witnesses.

I don't know anything about it! Really!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 12, 2014, 06:20:37 pm »

I can't vote with my reason in the same post. I thought it odd that you hadn't revealed something that game-changing, especially as votecounts usually reveal that information anyways.
The fact that it could be game-changing is the exact reason I didn't want to reveal it.  Think about it this way: no matter which of the four main alignments I have (town, mafia, sk, cult), it's a good policy to keep a little something in reserve in case your team starts losing.  Had I not forgotten the fact (written directly in my role pm, so it's my fault for being stupid and not remembering and not the mod's fault) that it would be revealed in the votecount, I would have declared it up front.

Frankly, had it been kept a secret, I would prefer to never have to use it: that would mean that the game was finished before it got to the point where there were few enough players to matter.  If my team is winning, I'd never have to unveil it.  However, should I deem that my team, whichever that may be, is losing, I could bring out my triple vote as a game-changer.  I've well enough learned my lesson about revealing too much of my role (see: FHPBYOR.  Granted, the role I had was annoying as shit to everyone else, but still).

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2014, 06:40:34 pm »

Please?

No.

With sugar on top?

Is there anything I can do that would make you give me that role?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2014, 06:50:54 pm »

Why don't you find somebody who will risk giving you the role and then I'll give it to them, because I'm not going to myself.

I also considered giving it Toaster so you could beg for it from the guy who tried to kill you and the guy you're voting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »

To be fair, I'm not pursuing a very earnest case on him- just seeing if some things check out. Yes- if anybody wants to help me out and pass along the role from Jim to me, that'd be neat.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2014, 07:12:41 pm »

SuperBlackCat (0) - Cheeetar
Confuse.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »

Oh, shit. That's weird- I'd already unvoted you and changed my vote to Toaster. It's not shenanigans on my side. Anything in your role(s) that might screw with votes that way, SBC, Toaster?
I've played some mafia.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »

It's not the unvote, because that was posted before you unvoted I think. It's the 0 that confuses me. I'm trying to figure out of Tolyk is just bad, or if it's on purpose.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 12, 2014, 11:11:27 pm »

Vote counts will always show the number of people who voted, not the number of votes.
I probably messed up, yeah, but given I woke up 10 minutes ago I'll fix that later...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 12, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »

TolyK, is it true that 90% of all mod mistakes are due, in part, to sleep?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2014, 01:10:24 am »

TolyK and Wuba: I think they've been prodded once, but prod GayArchaea and Tiruin.  Yes, both of you.

Jack A T: Do you feel in a position to give reads on other players?
Sure.

*Shakerag: Current vote is, well, this 4maskwolf vote.  This seems to be provisional.  Need more current thoughts from him, when he gets a good grip of the thread.  Neutral read.
*Cheeetar: Claims to be a third party with no idea until day 3 of what he needs to do to win.  Has been quite active, and has thrown his vote around.  I lean towards him being a third party.  Watch carefully on Day 3, if he lives by then.
*GayArchaea: Probably needs a replacement.  Null read.
*TheDarkStar: Lots of posts, not much content (not abnormal for TDS).  Awkwardly FoSed Jim for underexplaining his cheese vote, than unFoSed after more explanation.  Aside from that, has had only one stated suspect: Mastahcheese.  Mild scum lean.
*Flabort: Claimed third party of a pro-town sort: cannot win without a specific (anti-town, apparently) side losing.  Claimed an unknown secondary wincon as well.  Almost entirely focused on his Big Plan with all the rolemaking and such.  Lean third party.
*Vector: Has been unable to or in no shape to play for most of the day.  Null read.
*Varee: Says little, spoke in glowing green text once for some reason, talks about numbers of Shakerags and scum, and is voting for Flabort because... post restriction?  I have no idea.
*Tiruin: Last we heard, she was overwhelmed by real life and promised a post later that day.  Needs prod.  Null read.
*Jim Groovester: Very much Jim.  Focused on cheese, and did the biggest part of the work against him, but has questioned others.  Slight town lean.
*Toaster: Referred to himself as part of the scumteam accidentally.  Probably just bad writing, but may be actual slip.  Aside from that, nothing all too objectionable.  Went for what was very much a safe kill: claimed clueless third party Cheeetar.  Mild scum read, but almost definitely not affiliated with Cheese.
*Persus13: Very little content, and low activity.  Current, and only, vote is 4maskwolf for not deliberately revealing his triple-vote power.  Needs to do more.  Wary null read.
*4maskwolf: Generally coming across as thoughtful and is quite active.  Slight town lean.
*Mastahcheese: Tried to kill Toaster, veteran and hammerer, in a highly disruptive way because RVS.  Is currently trying to say this is justified because discussion.  Scum read.
*Superblackcat: I get the impression that SBC is posting from some sort of mobile device (short, low on quotes, and having trouble with direct question-answering).  Not much to each of his posts, but he's posting.  Awkwardly defended Mastahcheese for a while, and then switched to voting Cheese after the purpose of the gun was revealed.  Mild-moderate scum lean.

Conclusion: We need more reads and we need more active players.
Everyone: Reads?  I was going to ask specific people for their reads, but the list of people I wanted reads from grew and grew as I prepared my reads post.
Persus13: Why specifically ask me for reads?
Jim Groovester: Why are you willing to give the Cheeetar victory role to someone willing to give the role to Cheeetar?  Do you think the risk is likely only to the giver of the role?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 101