Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 254793 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - A Beginning that Dwarfs All Others
« Reply #270 on: November 09, 2014, 12:38:53 am »

Flabort: I see you mentioned me and wanted to know about my playstyle. (There are large indicators of my playstyle in previous games, but not sure how much you care to meta). I can't seem to find your question though... heh.

do you have any questions for anyone else superscumcat
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2014, 12:41:28 am »

Will post tomorrow. Doing math shit.
Matrix algebra, by any chance? XD
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2014, 01:12:13 am »

Will post tomorrow. Doing math shit.

Actually, yes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2014, 01:22:39 am »

That's just perfect. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2014, 01:25:20 am »

Flabort: I see you mentioned me and wanted to know about my playstyle. (There are large indicators of my playstyle in previous games, but not sure how much you care to meta). I can't seem to find your question though... heh.
SuperBlackCat: My question directed at you was the last one in This post.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2014, 02:28:32 am »

I suppose it could be risky. The possibility is certainly there. Would you prefer I give you a pistol? Would you like one Day 2?

Yes.

And the reason I gave him one is because I don't trust him. All actions are public, so if he shoots someone in the face, then we'll know he's dangerous.
I suppose I could be the one getting killed, but meh.

So offering Toaster a daykill was part of some elaborate gambit to incriminate himself by using tools that you offered him?

That's really silly. Like, really, really, really silly. Like, goodness gracious wow that's silly.

Your mistake is that the tools themselves are not scummy, nor is using the tools. Of course, it's the how and why that they are used, but the act alone of using it won't incriminate him.

If he waffles about and tries to gather some consensus from everybody about who to kill then yeah he'll be scum.

Cheese: if you don't feel comfortable with Toaster, why give him a pistol?
Didn't I just answer this?

Hey, brah, I didn't mangle your quote.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Don't question my logic, Jim.

A convincing rebuttal.

I've thought about it and I think you're probably scum. I think this is some dumb scum gambit rather than just a generally dumb gambit.

mastahcheese.

Fair enough.  What is your plan for having fun?

Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

On Wincons

For the record, when I got the ability from Mastahcheese, it arrived in the form of an additional secondary role.  It had a rolename, ability list, and crucially, a line for a wincon!  The wincon line was blank, but it was present.  As such, I totally believe someone could have two wincons.
To Explain: My second role has no spot for a wincon, and after what Toaster said I asked the mod about that. He gave me a nonanswer, so I'm asking you all.

My primary role has my wincon, while the wincon for my secondary role is listed as <none>. Based on comments from Tolyk about how the game is setup I think this is pretty generally the case. The OP states that people have a primary Shakeragian role and a secondary submitted role.

I suspected that Shakerag = scum at the time, so I was kind of cautious.

I suspect there are more Shakerags than not.

If what Varee said at the beginning of the game is true, then this is the case.

Everyone: Thoughts on the above suggestion?  Do you support it?  Should anything be changed?

I don't have an opinion either for or against it, except that I don't think it will work.

@TDS,WOLF:  the power I got identify player as mafia or shakerags so I assume shakerags are town.

I'd ask you to elaborate but I don't think I'm going to get a decent answer.

@Flabort: well.... I don't have any reason to kill anyone just yet so.... Err noone?

Also I kinda have to vote whoever votes me due to popular request.

No you don't.

What are you doing?

No, really.

Why is OMGUS your strategy here?

Actually, yes.

Ewwwwwwwwww.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:28 am »

Jim: One of my power identify player as shakerags or mafias so that why I say Shakerags are "town". I dont really want to OMGUS but I kinda need to due to a popular request :P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2014, 04:04:55 am »

Jim: One of my power identify player as shakerags or mafias so that why I say Shakerags are "town".

Yes, I know, this is exactly what you said the first time.

How does your power work? Do you choose whether to inspect mafias or Shakerags? Do you get both in one swoop?

I dont really want to OMGUS but I kinda need to due to a popular request :P

Yes, I know, this is exactly what you said the first time.

What is this popular request you're talking about?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 09, 2014, 06:20:47 am »

RL kicked me in the many vital areas. Face, side and back. Figuratively.
Will get a post in--today. Recuperating from breakdown + resolved issues.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 09, 2014, 08:29:57 am »

I suppose it could be risky. The possibility is certainly there. Would you prefer I give you a pistol? Would you like one Day 2?

Yes.

And the reason I gave him one is because I don't trust him. All actions are public, so if he shoots someone in the face, then we'll know he's dangerous.
I suppose I could be the one getting killed, but meh.

So offering Toaster a daykill was part of some elaborate gambit to incriminate himself by using tools that you offered him?

That's really silly. Like, really, really, really silly. Like, goodness gracious wow that's silly.

Your mistake is that the tools themselves are not scummy, nor is using the tools. Of course, it's the how and why that they are used, but the act alone of using it won't incriminate him.

If he waffles about and tries to gather some consensus from everybody about who to kill then yeah he'll be scum.

Cheese: if you don't feel comfortable with Toaster, why give him a pistol?
Didn't I just answer this?

Hey, brah, I didn't mangle your quote.

Don't question my logic, Jim.

A convincing rebuttal.

I've thought about it and I think you're probably scum. I think this is some dumb scum gambit rather than just a generally dumb gambit.

mastahcheese.

Can you explain this a bit more? I can't quite see your logic here - what is it that makes you think it's a scum gambit rather than a town gambit?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2014, 08:37:05 am »

What DarkStar said.
Also, if you think I'm scum, then why do you want a gun from me?
For that matter, why would I give you one?
I can easily imagine you just going "Thanks, bruh" and turning around and shooting me in the face, which would hardly be sporting.

I'm not meaning to sound mean, but it's amusing to me that you're going "Yes, I want a weapon, you scum."

*Also hopes Tiru recovers from life*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2014, 01:36:26 pm »

Best of luck Tiruin! :(

<voting for Mastahcheese>

Can you explain this a bit more? I can't quite see your logic here - what is it that makes you think it's a scum gambit rather than a town gambit?

TDS: I don't understand your not understanding Jim Groovester's logic, and I note that your questioning of it is suspiciously parallel to Mastahcheese's subsequent questioning of it. What makes you think it's as likely (or more likely) to be a town gambit to hand out free daykills?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 09, 2014, 01:49:40 pm »

Best of luck Tiruin! :(

<voting for Mastahcheese>

TDS: I don't understand your not understanding Jim Groovester's logic, and I note that your questioning of it is suspiciously parallel to Mastahcheese's subsequent questioning of it. What makes you think it's as likely (or more likely) to be a town gambit to hand out free daykills?

First, why are you defending Jim? Second, why are you directing a question about Mastahcheese's posting to me? Third, why are you asking only me these questions and not mastahcheese, who also had similar points? Fourth, why does it make me suspicious when someone else who I have no control over decides to repeat me ideas?

As for why I don't get Jim's logic, he says that mastahcheese is doing a really dumb gambit, and then he says that it's definitely a dumb scum gambit without any supporting evidence for the second part. He also says mastahcheese is scum without anything backing that up. (Jim: Why?)

Now that I've looked at those details, Jim seems just a bit suspicious.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2014, 01:56:48 pm »

Vote Persus13, do you think there are direct analogues to town/mafia/third party in this game?
Yes.
So you're saying you don't have a town wincon? Interesting.

On Secondary wincons: I do have a secondary wincon, but it is basically you win if you fulfill your primary role's wincon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 09, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

Hi Persus13! Thank you for answering my question. Yeah, my wincon is all sorts of weird- for all I know, it's parallel to a town wincon. I mentioned earlier: TolyK said I would know how to win by the end of Day 3.

What do you think of this whole thing about Mastahcheese's gambit?
Unvote Persus13.

First, why are you defending Jim? Second, why are you directing a question about Mastahcheese's posting to me? Third, why are you asking only me these questions and not mastahcheese, who also had similar points? Fourth, why does it make me suspicious when someone else who I have no control over decides to repeat me ideas?

As for why I don't get Jim's logic, he says that mastahcheese is doing a really dumb gambit, and then he says that it's definitely a dumb scum gambit without any supporting evidence for the second part. He also says mastahcheese is scum without anything backing that up. (Jim: Why?)

Now that I've looked at those details, Jim seems just a bit suspicious.

1) I also think Mastahcheese is suspicious.
2) I'm asking you a question about your own post- I merely noted how suspicious it was for somebody to parrot you so shortly after.
3) Mastahcheese is obligated to defend himself, and he also had a bit more content than your simple request for 'more explanation' on something that seemed pretty simple.
4) Because the scum is a team. If somebody scummy thinks you make a lot of sense, maybe they have a reason other than their conviction in your logic to agree with you?

I would've thought the dumb gambit itself was... kind of explanation enough for suspicion. Certainly, enough to pressure somebody. Why didn't you respond when I asked "Why is it just as or more likely for it to be a town gambit"?

Also: TheDarkStar
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 101