Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 54443 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2014, 05:11:34 pm »

Cheetar, you're already going into WIFOM territory by asking me to guess someone else's motives. You asked me why he did what he did, and I gave you my best guess. Masked had already unvoted Shamrock once before, and Scintillant seemed to be changing his mind every few minutes, so it does seem like them pulling out of the vote at the last minute would have seemed like a risk to me if I were scum.

Scum have a motive for doing scummy things- you claimed it was scummy, so you must have an idea of his motive for doing it. Your 'best guess' seemed irrelevant at best to me, so I'm asking for another reason why you think Scripten is scummy for doing what he did. I'm not asking you to second guess his motivation in doing something, only to state why you believe he's scum for doing something (as you have already stated that such a move is scummy.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2014, 05:33:38 pm »

Jumping onto a bandwagon against an active town player and then going on to attack someone who didn't think they were scum using them not voting as their justification certainly seems like a scummy move to me. Perhaps I'm wrong.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2014, 05:51:29 pm »

Where did Scripten say he didn't think Comrade Shamrock was scum?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2014, 05:52:37 pm »

Jumping onto a bandwagon against an active town player and then going on to attack someone who didn't think they were scum using them not voting as their justification certainly seems like a scummy move to me. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Quote from: Scripten
Either you were scumreading Shamrock enough to want him lynched or you had another, stronger scumread. If it was the first case, you didn't vote him and that's anti-town. End of story. If it's the second case, you weren't pushing your stronger scumread, and thus let someone you apparently thought was town get lynched to save your own hide. That's anti-town.

There's literally only two options for a town Deus Asmoth, and they are both anti-town and examples of poor play. And that's okay. It's a newbie game, so it's to be expected, if your reactions to being confronted about it were in any way town-indicative.

They were not.

Cheeetar: I think DA is trying to say that the case I'm pushing on him is what he explained. It's a little hard to parse, tbh.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Post-post edit.
Above post has been updated for replies over last hour or so.

Additionally,
Deus Asmoth
Why are you getting jumpy and panicky all of a sudden? It's almost like you're freaking out and going bezerk because the attention of the other players is on you, you scummy scum scum, huh? Answers. ASAP. What makes you so worried that you're being investigated? Why should you not be lynched? What are you contributing to scumhunting in general? Stat.
Eh... I'm not really certain how to answer that first one, I'm pretty sure this is how I always post. Possibly I'm just used to going on hyper defensive over nothing from other forums. I'll probably have to work on that. I'm not particularly worried about being investigated, but Scripten's case on me seemed questionable at best, or else based off a mistake no worse than what some of the other new players have done already. In any case, his claims on me seemed wrong from my point of view, so I wanted to try applying some pressure back. Apparently, I'm bad at that.

Most of my scumhunting seems to be aimed at Scintillant, who doesn't seem to be in the mood to answer my questions at the moment.

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2014, 06:12:55 pm »

Post-post edit.
Above post has been updated for replies over last hour or so.

Additionally,
Deus Asmoth
Why are you getting jumpy and panicky all of a sudden? It's almost like you're freaking out and going bezerk because the attention of the other players is on you, you scummy scum scum, huh? Answers. ASAP. What makes you so worried that you're being investigated? Why should you not be lynched? What are you contributing to scumhunting in general? Stat.
Eh... I'm not really certain how to answer that first one, I'm pretty sure this is how I always post. Possibly I'm just used to going on hyper defensive over nothing from other forums. I'll probably have to work on that. I'm not particularly worried about being investigated, but Scripten's case on me seemed questionable at best, or else based off a mistake no worse than what some of the other new players have done already. In any case, his claims on me seemed wrong from my point of view, so I wanted to try applying some pressure back. Apparently, I'm bad at that.

Most of my scumhunting seems to be aimed at Scintillant, who doesn't seem to be in the mood to answer my questions at the moment.
Hey Deus, why are you so unsure of anything in this post? It's positively littered with words like "probably" and "seems". What's up with that?

I'll respond to the rest of the thread soon when I get back on my computer.
I have no idea.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »

Dunno. That's just how I talk and write when I'm being pressed for answers. Why do you consider it worthy of note?

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2014, 06:48:44 pm »

Dunno. That's just how I talk and write when I'm being pressed for answers. Why do you consider it worthy of note?
Using those words and phrases makes it appear that you don't want to fully commit to your post. This could be indicative of scum, since you could easily deny any questioning of this post by replying "Oh, I wasn't sure", and avoid suspicion.
I have no idea.

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2014, 07:19:59 pm »

Busy Thanksgiving, busy morning, and busy thread. Let's get going.

NQT:
Scintillant offers a number of reasons to vote Shamrock and backs them up in reference to actual posts. This case is formed in reaction to Scripten's questioning, and the vote on Shamrock is buried in the response rather than directed at their target. A great way to to get inexperienced players mislynched is to not directly question them when you're trying to lynch them.
What exactly are you implying here? Are you implying that I was trying to get Comrade mislynched? You seem to be saying at first that my case against Comrade was good, but then go into observations about it and describe a possible scumtell. How do those three things relate?
Initial Conclusions: Deus Asmoth wagonned on the SBC mislynch and didn't vote at all when Shamrock was mislynched. Masked Krusader was on both mislynches with somewhat suspect cases; Scripten was on both mislynches with even more suspect cases. Cheetah and Scintillant didn't have amazing cases against Shamrock but they had cases. Dorsidwarf stayed off both mislynches. I'd be interested to see who they think is scum now we've had some flips.
At the top of your post, you vote Deus Asmoth. However, here, and throughout your post, you repeatedly accuse Scripten of having weak cases, bandwagoning, and general scumminess, specifically here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In addition, several of the arguments that you use to show Deus Asmoth's potential scumminess can just as easily be applied to Scripten. Why are you voting Deus, and not Scripten?

Deus Asmoth:
NQT: I didn't put a vote down by the end of day one because I was fairly sure Shamrock wasn't scum and didn't want to vote for him, but I wasn't certain enough about Crusader to vote for him. Perhaps I should have voted for him anyway, but I wasn't sure enough.
Wow. That has to be the most uncertain post I've seen in a long time. This is a very, very suspicious post. You refuse to commit to any sort of position here.
Scripten, I think we can all agree that what you just posted is a big pile of crap.
Why is this? I see no justification in your post that explains why Scripten's post is "a big pile of crap".
Again with the uncertainty. Also, which questions have I not answered?

Also, 5 replacements total? Wow. At this rate, we'll have a full turnover of players before the day ends :P
I have no idea.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2 (replacement needed)
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »

This thread is like the ship of Theseus. In the end, I'll probably have something come up that forces me to be replaced, too.

BTW, there's another hour for replacements to sign up as a replacement.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:49 pm »

Deus Asmoth:
NQT: I didn't put a vote down by the end of day one because I was fairly sure Shamrock wasn't scum and didn't want to vote for him, but I wasn't certain enough about Crusader to vote for him. Perhaps I should have voted for him anyway, but I wasn't sure enough.
Wow. That has to be the most uncertain post I've seen in a long time. This is a very, very suspicious post. You refuse to commit to any sort of position here.
No I don't, in any way whatsoever. I literally spelled out my reasons for not voting at the end of D1. I didn't think Shamrock was scum, I thought Crusader was but I wasn't confident enough in that case to put a vote on inn. Then I acknowledged that it might have been a mistake not to vote for him in spite of that. I'd like to know what it is you find so suspicious about that.
Scripten, I think we can all agree that what you just posted is a big pile of crap.
Why is this? I see no justification in your post that explains why Scripten's post is "a big pile of crap".
A couple of reasons. First he accused me of attempting to get town cred by making it look like I had been crusading for Shamrock, when up until that point I'd been explaining why I wasn't certain enough about Shamrock to defend him. Second, he said I was wriggling even though I hadn't changed my position on anything.
Again with the uncertainty. Also, which questions have I not answered?
You questioned me about the uncertainty in this post already, about three posts above this one. Are you trying to make it seem like this is something I'm constantly doing by only posting half of it this time? I'll go hunt down those questions for you now, I guess.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - 1 Replacement Needed!
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2014, 08:39:08 pm »

Scintillant, one other thing: what's the difference between Shamrock's defense of misreading some of Scripten's posts and you justifying some of your actions by saying they're newb mistakes? Why is it scummy for Shamrock to call himself stupid but not so for you to call yourself a newb?
Here's the one that's still pretty much relevant, and since your reason for voting for me seems to be uncertainty in a post, I guess I'll tack on these:

If you think it's suspicious for me to appear indecisive in one post, wouldn't it be considered suspicious that you changed your vote as many times as you did on day one?

Why did you want another extension to day 1 when the person you were voting for was going to get lynched, and why weren't you quizzing anyone else if you had misgivings about voting Shamrock?

Why did you want me to find questions you missed for you rather than reading back through the thread yourself?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2 - Free Brain Swapping Here!
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2014, 09:35:32 pm »

Due to a lack of other replacements, 4maskwolf Mk II will now replace in. A new deadchat will be used to prevent contamination.

After inspecting 4mask's remains, the Mind Replacement Agency finds enough parts of his brain that they can reconstruct most of his mind.

masked_krusader, having lost his mind, is sent to the operating room where they move parts of 4maskwolf's brain in. krusader, now 4mask, then returns to the discussion.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:05:13 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2 - Free Brain Swapping Here!
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:39 pm »

Mhm...
I'll get to my analysis of things in a little bit, because I'm doing other things right now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2014, 09:49:03 pm »

you claimed it was scummy, so you must have an idea of his motive for doing it.
Okay, this is SUCH bullcrap, Cheeetar.  Just because something seems scummy does NOT mean that a motive can be easily discerned.  Sometimes things just seem off, even if we can't place what.  You should know this, you've been playing mafia way longer than I have.  Even if things seem scummy, it may be a while before we figure out what is bothering us about it.

Again, I'll get some reads later, I just noticed that at the top of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30