Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 54238 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2 - Free Brain Swapping Here!
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2014, 12:20:52 am »

Hey 4maskwolf, welcome back. It's not just Deus being suspicious of something Scripten did- it would be fine to simply note that Scripten did something strange, and ask questions about it. However, when the entirety of your case (slight hyperbole) is that 'you did this one thing and it's scummy (but I can't explain why it was scummy)', I'm going to object.

I don't like how quickly this Deus Asmoth lynch is forming.
Dorsidwarf: How in particular does Deus Asmoth seem to be 'going berserk'? In terms of emotional responses to being questioned, Deus does not rank at all. To borrow your question: Why should Deus be lynched?
Scintillant: Do you believe Deus was telling the truth about being unsure earlier, and if so, is being unsure about things good enough as the sole reason to vote for somebody?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2014, 12:42:10 am »

Hey 4maskwolf, welcome back. It's not just Deus being suspicious of something Scripten did- it would be fine to simply note that Scripten did something strange, and ask questions about it. However, when the entirety of your case (slight hyperbole) is that 'you did this one thing and it's scummy (but I can't explain why it was scummy)', I'm going to object.
Hi Cheeetar!

You have done a very good job of dodging my actual point, Cheeetar.  My point was a disagreement with your objection.  We have gone head to head over the implications of actions and statements in the past, so this avoidance is highly suspicious.

Additionally, is that not how cases are built, Cheeetar?  Something seems scummy, you vote them and pressure them, trying to get them to break?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2014, 01:05:07 am »

I seem to have missed your 'actual point'- I thought I was addressing your concern fairly well. If you'd rephrase it, I'll answer it.

That's the beginning of scumhunting, sure- for Deus, it seemed to be the end of it, which is why I was questioning him about it. You'll note in his OMGUS that he isn't asking Scripten any questions about what he's doing, just saying 'you're scummy for this.'

I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2014, 01:07:57 am »

Oh! 4maskwolf, now that you've replaced in: Would you post your reads?
Similarly: Scripten, Deus Asmoth, Dorsidwarf, NotQuiteThere, Scintillant- if you're at all able to post reads, or at the very least the people you believe most/least scummy, that would be very useful.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2014, 01:09:10 am »

Oh! 4maskwolf, now that you've replaced in: Would you post your reads?
Similarly: Scripten, Deus Asmoth, Dorsidwarf, NotQuiteThere, Scintillant- if you're at all able to post reads, or at the very least the people you believe most/least scummy, that would be very useful.
Tomorrow.  It's well past the time when my brain shuts down for the night, so while I may post in other areas of the forums for a bit I don't have the energy to go through the thread.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2014, 01:10:22 am »

Dorsidwarf, ignore the above plea for reads from you- I forgot to trim the people that had posted them.

Cheeeetar: Needs to post more content. Hard to read. Isn't posting much advice, for a registered IC. Has questions on masked, but masked is replacing out. Null read (content-to-post ratio too low).

Sorry about this. I'd like to point out I didn't register as IC- just replacement. I'm more than willing to act as a standin, but I'm not sure how you'd like me to give advice. More of a reactive teacher than a proactive one. If you want my 'official IC opinion' on a theoretical, feel free to ask.
I've played some mafia.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2014, 02:58:34 am »

Here's a question for IC answering: Is there ever a situation outside of MyLo when a No Vote can be justified ( barring nonstandard set ups? )

Cheetar:
For reasons why Deus currently has my lynch vote - they were getting real upset about having some votes on them, so I voted them and launched an attack. They seem to have clammed up now, oddly, which could mean they're just in DAMAGE CONTROL mode, or could be, say, receiving advice over scumchat or from their scum IC, warning them to calm down. Make of that what you will. However, looks like krusader got replaced, so...

4Maskwolf : Hi! Good to see you replacing in, scumnuts. I've been suspicious of your predecessor, so you get to start off in the Sin Bin. Can you shed light on his erratic behaviour, hypocrisy, and lazy reason-stealing bandwagon voting?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:13 am »

Wait, I think I might have messed up the syntax for that vote.

Votecount, please, TDS.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2014, 06:04:50 am »

Unvote Scripten

Dorsi, I do tend to clam up while I'm asleep, yes. Or do you mean that my later posts are less emotional that my earlier? If that's the case, what is it that makes the earlier ones seem so emotional to you?

I have three reads that are in any fit state to present, I'll need to read over a few posts again to get the last two.

Scintillant is piggy backing his vote again, with a very dubious and hypocritical argument (again). He voted for Shamrock for making excuses while using newbie mistakes as an excuse when it suited him, and his argument for voting for me is perceived indecisiveness in spite of him changing his vote any time it looked like he was making a stand alone day one. He has yet to vote for someone that doesn't already have at least one vote on them. This guy is scum.

Scripten very eager to dismiss some of Scintillant's mistakes as those of a new player, doesn't seem to want to do the same for others. Very insistent that a certain question was not loaded and got kind of emotional about it. He's trying to justify this by saying that to claim otherwise is insulting his play, yet he doesn't have a problem with trying to insult other people (and trying to convince them that it's a compliment that he's trying to get them mislynched (?)). I think he's scum, but I'm not as certain about it as I am with Scintillant. Scripten and Scintillant are my bet for the scumteam, in any case.

The mask bros: Crusader got pretty heated when Shamrock was questioning him, and said that his vote against the Comrade wasn't an OMGUS even though he didn't actually provide any reasons for the vote until asked for them. Wolf hasn't given me much to go on yet, but on the other hand he hasn't tried to get me mislynched yet, so that's a plus. Slight lean towards scum over the Shamrock vote.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2014, 07:21:13 am »

Cheetar, since you're suspicious of me for now asking enough questions of Scripten, does it bother you at all that he asked me a sum total of one question of me during our exchange, and off laced with WIFOM at that? And in response to an earlier question, I never said that Scripten had said he didn't think Shamrock was scum. I said Scripten was going after a person who said they didn't think Shamrock was scum.

Dorsi, you upgraded your case on me from slightly suspicious to moderately suspicious to a vote in the space of twenty minutes without a single post from me in between. What changed your mind (twice)? Why not just vote for me straight off?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2014, 08:22:42 am »

Wait, I think I might have messed up the syntax for that vote.

Votecount, please, TDS.

Here:

With the Mind Replacement Agency's work complete, discussion resumes.

Day 2 will end on Tuesday, 2AM UTC (a few days from now).

Votes:

Scripten:
Deus Asmoth: NotQuiteThere, Scripten, Scintillant
Dorsidwarf:
masked_krusader 4maskwolf: Cheeetar, Dorsidwarf
NotQuiteThere:
Scintillant: Deus Asmoth
Cheeetar: masked_krusader 4maskwolf

No Lynch:

Not voting: NotQuiteThere
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2014, 08:41:40 am »

Deus Asmoth: 1) It was 10 minutes, not 20, and that was because that's how long it took to go into it and modify my reads to match my new opinions after the preceding nina posts. The reads took ages to make.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2014, 08:53:17 am »

(I'll be busy today, but should get back to posting late on Sunday GMT)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2014, 09:32:43 am »

Dorsi, your first read was at 4:47, the vote was at 5:02. That's fifteen minutes, aka within twenty minutes. If the vote was because of the ninja posts, why not just put it at the top of your updated reads?

The 1) in your reply implies you had something else to say. Did you have an answer to my other question that got deleted?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2014, 11:10:07 am »

Cheetar, since you're suspicious of me for now asking enough questions of Scripten, does it bother you at all that he asked me a sum total of one question of me during our exchange, and off laced with WIFOM at that? And in response to an earlier question, I never said that Scripten had said he didn't think Shamrock was scum. I said Scripten was going after a person who said they didn't think Shamrock was scum.

Scripten has a lot clearer an idea of why he believes you're scum- "To expand more on the reason for my vote, this is a blatant attempt to harvest towncred out of a townie flip." He points out what's scummy, and explains why. You've pointed out something you believe is suspicious/scummy on Scripten's side, but don't seem to be clear on why it is, nor are you attempting to find out more.

And yes, sorry for not understanding what you said about Scripten going after that guy- I'm clear on your meaning now.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30