Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 443519 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1725 on: August 17, 2016, 03:53:10 am »

I haven't seen any volcanoes. Where are they normally?

I think it is a biome, I've found volcanic terrain everywhere from wasteland to moons to tidewater worlds to forrest or "lush" worlds.  Sometimes you get an actual volcano, sometimes just volcanic terrain. Visible from the surface, don't step on the parts that glow.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 17, 2016, 03:55:29 am »

Though you could just go to the outpost to buy a battery, they're at the convenience store looking building outside.

Do you need a particular kind?  I've had lots of "aa" type drop from robots on wasteland worlds.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 17, 2016, 03:58:36 am »

The crafting stations require a "Battery", not an "AA battery". It looks like the kind you'd stick in a car.

Quick question for anyone playing with FU, has anyone found a planet with Elder stone? I'm looking for some for a crafting recipie and I seriously can't seem to find any at all... Any coordinates?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 17, 2016, 04:07:14 am »

Coordinates? Aren't universes randomly seeded?

I have found one, on some sort of "alien" world with a lot of blue alien stone and goo.  not sure what the overall world type was.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 17, 2016, 04:15:06 am »

I think they're shared so long as you have the same universe effecting mods. If not it's not like it will hurt me to check given my engineer accidentally made my ship 100% efficient.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 17, 2016, 04:58:38 am »

Sorry, I explore so haphazardly I probably couldn't find the system again. 

Wiki suggests "alien forrest" subbiome on a primeval forest world.  I thought I remembered it being on something else, but my memory is shit.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 17, 2016, 05:21:48 am »

Contaminated water you get from using the centrifuge with any liquids. Like the powder sifter but for liquid. very useful.

You can also make mercury through cinnabar, though that's a little tougher because cinnabar is a pain to find. The easier recipe is the poison one, as you can spin out poison from other liquids.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1732 on: August 17, 2016, 05:53:06 am »

Okay, how do I use a centrifuge? Can I not use the one at the science outpost? There's an "advanced centrifuge" there but when I try to put water or any other liquid in it, nothing happens.

EDIT: Also, how do I make a lab centrifuge? I don't seem to have discovered the recipe and I have no idea what I have to do first.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:59:10 am by Sappho »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 17, 2016, 07:48:55 am »

This game seems to suffer from a lack of "workshop flowchart" like we have for the industries in DF.  I can't find anything on the wikis or forums, and I can't find where the Steam version of the game keeps the \assets data so I can trawl it.

I've tried to whip something up in excel, using a fresh character and admin mode, just crafting one of each of all the "yellow" stations.  I'm already feeling some frustration because I know primitive stoves exist but I don't see any way of making them.  Makes me wonder what else is missing.

"Advanced Centrifuge" and "Lab Centrifuge" are both made at a Matter Assembler.  I'm guessing you get the recipe when you find all their ingredients?

Lab:  silver bar, titanium bar, glass, coil

Advanced: lab centrifuge, durasteel bar, electromagnet

edit: here is everything ORANGE except all the science stuff under "matter assembler" If it isnt anywhere else, it is there.  I don't think there are any additional tiers of devices, they all seem to be under the root "matter assembler".  Does not include bee stuff.
Code: [Select]
Basic Crafting

Campfire

Inventor's Table Engineer's Table Architect's Table

Anvil Apothecary Accelerator Addon

Booze Kit Fossil Station Manipulator Addon

Distillery  / Still Kitchen Counter Pet Station

Fermenter Refinery Pixel Compressor

Fruit Press Pixel Printer

Mashing Tun Medical Bay

Foraging Table Cloning Lab

hoe Rail Crafting Table

Matter Assembler Separator Addon

omg… Wiring Station

Primitive Furnace

Spinning Wheel

Wooden Workbench

UBB might make the tabs a bit off, what displays in my text editor is not what displays in the modify pane is not what displays in the preview.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:39:32 am by puke »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1734 on: August 17, 2016, 08:54:27 am »

Success!!! I hadn't obtained a coil yet, which is why the centrifuge wasn't showing up in the matter assembler. Got one now, got my contaminated water, progress go!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 17, 2016, 09:27:51 am »

My process thus far is "examine all of my crafting stations and craft things that have the 'new' tag".

I end up with a lot of useless crap and it's probably a horrible use of resources but I'll eventually have all of the recipes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 17, 2016, 11:30:59 am »

I have all of my factory buildings, storage, tree farms, and some plants on one, mostly because I had run out of space for it all on my ship, and there are no monsters there.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 17, 2016, 06:16:07 pm »

You know, I want to make a base on a tabula rasa world, but every single one of them looks dumb AF.

It's like the mod author decided people loved bloody technicolour planets.
Is that your name for the barren worlds, or are tabula rasa worlds something else?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 18, 2016, 04:40:15 pm »

Just thought I'd chip in here - I've started playing again after playing pretty much the first early access version and then leaving it since then

WOW. So much better - really, really good. I'd definitely recommend it now, even if it is a bit grindy.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 18, 2016, 06:45:37 pm »

You know, I want to make a base on a tabula rasa world, but every single one of them looks dumb AF.

It's like the mod author decided people loved bloody technicolour planets.
Is that your name for the barren worlds, or are tabula rasa worlds something else?

I assume they were added by FU. Basically there is no non-plant life on the surface, but it is otherwise a habitable world with trees and plants and so forth, and on mine at least, there are still monsters/animals underground.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 130