Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491365 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »

whereas warhammer is like 100% war. all the time.
You could even call it total war.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »

Hrrrrmmm.....nope, just not seeing it. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »

Warhammer: Total War if you're green, but quite a bit of peace or donations if you're other things?
It's a game. Have fun.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2015, 09:19:42 pm »

Well the counts of Sylvania do trade and deal with the Empire at time, with Vlad being a former Elector count and all, though of course these are mostly backroom deals, don't wanna deal with the Witch Hunters going after you for heresy!

Dwarves are stingy, but they deal all the time. Heaven above help you if you are ONE COIN short of a payment, they'll burn your holdings down, your kingdom, and salt whats left because to cheat someone of anything is sacrilege and worth being carved into the Grudge Stones.

That and they have some weird thoughts when it comes to creating things, rune artifacts are just as sacred and one should never create the same thing twice with runes. With one infamous dwarf gaining the moniker "The Mad" because he made the Runefang swords that are the badge of office of the Elector Counts.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2015, 02:33:35 am »

Pretty sure high elves are also Total Peace generally.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2015, 02:45:07 am »

It's like... each of the more peaceful factions have reasons that they would fight for regardless of treaties.
Dwarves would fight other dwarves or the Empire over perceived grudge worthy slights. A war was fought between the Dwarves and Empire because the dwarves built a castle for the humans and received a payment that was slightly lower than expected. It was an accounting error but they went to war before even considering asking.

The High Elves used to own land all over the old world. I believe there are numerous towers and ruins of elven origin scattered around the Empire that they could fight over to reclaim. Since they consider all non elves as little more than stick wielding barbarians it would be easy for them to justify burning a few villages down to clear the area. I don't think High Elves really make treaties with other races because that would imply that they were equals, which the High Elves certainly do not see themselves as. Finubar is a more tolerate Phoenix King towards other races because he lived amongst them for some time I believe.
I think High Elves would even fight other High Elves to remove adversaries of a political nature.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2015, 02:51:31 am »

So to put it in short form, in grimdark fantasy everything is grimdark because everyone are grimderp. Grimderp grimdark, grimdark grimderp, waaaagh!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:03:29 am by Majestic7 »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2015, 02:59:09 am »

Well, sure. It's a reason so two friends can both have armies of Empire soldiers and have a good reason to square them off against each other. The stupid, singlemindedness of the factions is quite funny. I don't think Warhammer, either fantasy or 40,000, should be taken very seriously.

Even a faction like Space Marines can fight each other due to different interpretations of the codex astartes or some past grudge between their chapters. "You stole a holy artefact of our primarch!" "It was given to us by your Primarch as a gift of honour!" Scuffle ensures. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2015, 05:26:11 am »

(there was a part in one article that mentioned that the Orcs will have a mechanic that encourages being at war and fighting to increase unit production, being at peace will incur penalties and animosity)

That's one thing that really interests me about this. Although Total war has always been about war, there's always been sort of 'peace time' whereas warhammer is like 100% war. all the time.

I

Hehe, I am wondering about the possible diplo options for the Orcs. 1. Demand tribute, 2. War, 3. Total War vs everyone

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2015, 07:31:35 am »

(there was a part in one article that mentioned that the Orcs will have a mechanic that encourages being at war and fighting to increase unit production, being at peace will incur penalties and animosity)

That's one thing that really interests me about this. Although Total war has always been about war, there's always been sort of 'peace time' whereas warhammer is like 100% war. all the time.

I

Hehe, I am wondering about the possible diplo options for the Orcs. 1. Wagh?, 2.Waagh , 3. WAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Fixed a few spelling mistakes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2015, 05:17:11 pm »

Two new articles up on RPS, about how campaigns differ per race and on different kinds of units. Exciting!

EDIT: First link's content is repeated in the second article. I have no idea why they posted both.

Anyway, they talk about Orcs hating everybody, but I wonder if the Empire and Vampire Counts can... work together, or at least have non-hostile relations. I really want to know how the Vamps' campaign will be unique. In-fighting and family squabbles, no doubt.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:24:08 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2015, 06:53:36 pm »

Is there any gameplay footage around yet? Or just the cinematic trailer?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2015, 07:00:30 pm »

Im kinda disappointed that there are only 4 factions to start.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2015, 07:13:03 pm »

If they all feel completely unique I figure its worth it. Also 99 percent sure chaos is in.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:42 pm »

"...with Chaos also very strongly implied in trailers."

i wonder if they will be some sort of higher level barbarians... maybe over time the "warp" stuff starts to increase (dwarves mining too deeply or skaven spreading that stuff around the towns or weak priests getting corrupted by researching artefacts you found somewhere) and they come from your ranks (i.e. empire) as corrupted people.
or if people get "unhappy" they pray to demons (some sort of religion?) instead and spawn stuff and you have to deal with a village getting eaten by demons. and then go in with your army and station priests for a while or build a church etc trying to get the demon influence out of the village again what might work or not.

maybe the empire is like "rome" (big empire made up of lots of little villages), and the greenskins are like the "mongols" (sweeping over the land raiding everything) and the chaos could grow from internal conflicts (i.e. when the big roman empire got split up in "rome total war"?)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:43:08 pm by Nelia Hawk »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 277