Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491588 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:22 pm »

The only video is the Lord of Change from the announcement trailer.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2015, 11:51:59 pm »

Shame. Oh well, at least the dwarves look appropriately awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2015, 11:48:38 am »

There is some images of the Chaos units if you go to the DLC page on Steam. The lords for Chaos are Archaon the Everchosen, Kholek Suneater and ,interestingly, Sigvald the Magnificent.

Here's an article on the announcements from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:00:11 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2015, 12:07:22 pm »

CA decided to put Chaos behind launch day DLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d28HkXgjWA

Damn it.

I guess it goes two ways: either the storylines and quests for each faction are so trivial that they can crank it out as Day Zero DLC....or it's a significant chunk of content that they've already made DLC months in advance.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2015, 12:27:00 pm »

It's definitely the latter, regardless of the triviality of the questlines. They want people to pre-order, so they're going to entice people to pre-order.

Speeching of which. It looks like I'm going to have to let myself down again and pre-order this game. Not sure get though. Not sure.
Love, scriver~

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »

CA decided to put Chaos behind launch day DLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d28HkXgjWA

Damn it.

I guess it goes two ways: either the storylines and quests for each faction are so trivial that they can crank it out as Day Zero DLC....or it's a significant chunk of content that they've already made DLC months in advance.
Or their team designing and coding factions is done their work and set on this while the rest of the team finishes up the main game?
Either way, I've just given up being bothered by DLC.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

They already proved with Attila that they have given into DLC whoring...so you are better off just not letting DLC hold any sort of significance other than taking your money.

I called this long ago in this thread and most people talked me down...but it seems my point is being proven...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2015, 01:10:56 pm »

There is some images of the Chaos units if you go to the DLC page on Steam. The lords for Chaos are Archaon the Everchosen, Kholek Suneater and ,interestingly, Sigvald the Magnificent.

Here's an article on the announcements from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
At least they choose some of the cooler heroes. The only guy really missing is Galrauch. I was kinda expecting him with the whole Tzeentch thing.

p.s: I've gone from day 1 purchase to pirating the game. I was okay with stuff like Sparta locked behind DLC but putting Chaos behind it is stupid. That's like making Rome Total War and making Rome DLC.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2015, 02:22:23 pm »

Here's hoping they will do a Beta. DLC-Bullsh*t aside, I'm more worried about the game being a gigantic bug-ridden, poorly optimized mess.

Warhammer and Total War is a combination where I'm prepared to drop a little more money into it. Because this time, they cant just copy & paste factions for DLC, as they did with Attila. But then the game needs to be actually presentable at launch.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2015, 05:50:59 pm »

I am kind of sick and tired of the nickel and diming of this series. Who do they think they are? Paradox?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2015, 09:37:31 pm »

It has been said from close to the beginning that Warhammer: Total War would have four factions playable at release. While it is still an annoying move I take a bit of comfort from the factions being more diverse and unique from each other then in previous Total War games.

Looking at the price on Steam, and the current exchange rate, Warhammer: Total War is about $88 AUD to preorder. A fair amount but less then the usual $100 - $120 games can cost in Australia on launch. While I may preorder the game, my decision will be make much closer to the release date.

There is a few different version being offered. Standard version, Limited Edition version and "High King" Edition.
"High King" edition comes with various objects such as a map, drinking horn, art book, ring, pendant, metal box, guide an the DLC. Though, it is only available in listed countries, of which, Australia isn't one of them. All editions come with the Chaos DLC when preordered.
While I'm all for art books, the rest of the stuff tends to just sit around my room collecting dust.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:42:35 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 22, 2015, 09:53:38 pm »

So chaos will instead have Three legendary lords to everyone Else's one, that's certainly interesting.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 22, 2015, 10:03:26 pm »

Other factions have at least two lords.
Empire:                                                                          Orcs and Goblins:
Emperor Karl Franz                                                          Grimgor Ironhide
Balthazar Gelt Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic   Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet (I think)

Dwarves:                                                                        Vampire Counts:
High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer                                     Mannfred von Carstein
Ungrim Ironfist the Slayer King                                         Not announced yet.

The lord choices are tending to be one melee focused lord and one more magic focused lord. Mannfred is more of a mage from what I know of him.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:30 pm »

A slayer king? Don't slayers really, really, really want to die in battle?

Is this guy so invincible he managed to live long enough to be a king?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 277