Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491355 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »

DoW1 did get many updates though. Some of them vaguely geared towards modding. Some of them that broke every mod ever, for no definable reason.

It wasn't exactly point-and-click, but quite a lot of work got done between the modding community and the developers over the years.

Anyway, my point stands. A GW IP doesn't mean no modding. It's a developer/publisher thing. If anything, all licensed GW games can be considered a mod of their IP. Which seems to include the words space, marine, chaos, blah and the english language. They've got a huge legal team for this stuff. One that they seem to use excessively for no good end.

But they don't really say "no mods for software licensed by a studio on our IP". They may not even know what it means.
It's a game. Have fun.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2016, 08:59:39 am »

A new video was released today, showing a battle between Azhag the Slaughterer lead Orcs and Goblins vs Bretonnia that takes part as one of the quest battles available to the legendary lords.

It shows some spells of the lores of death and heavens, various units including Bretonnian yeoman, men-at-arms as well as trebuchets.

Also: I would like to add that I've noticed while looking over the Steam store page, as well as the page on JB HI-FI, that the Chaos Warriors DLC pack doesn't seem to be listed anymore as a pre-order bonus. I have not seen any mentions of this in official locations but the mentions of this don't seem to be present anymore. Anyone got other websites they can see this on as well?

Edit: I also followed the imbedded link in the Chaos Warriors announcement trailer, but the page on the Total War website no longer exists.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:01:49 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2016, 09:18:17 am »

Maybe they heard Chaos is one of the most popular warbands, so nobody is getting it free anymore... "Nyeh nyeh, Cultures of Chaos DLC $20" *skaven-voice*

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »

Also: I would like to add that I've noticed while looking over the Steam store page, as well as the page on JB HI-FI, that the Chaos Warriors DLC pack doesn't seem to be listed anymore as a pre-order bonus. I have not seen any mentions of this in official locations but the mentions of this don't seem to be present anymore. Anyone got other websites they can see this on as well?

Edit: I also followed the imbedded link in the Chaos Warriors announcement trailer, but the page on the Total War website no longer exists.
Heh.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2016, 01:57:44 pm »

Could it be that SEGA finally gained the great skill of "common sense" and turned the day-one DLC as part of the base game?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2016, 10:41:38 pm »

It is confusing. I've been looking around and the offer is still listed on the Total War official page as well as the Humble Bundle website.

Anyway, in other news a screenshot was released covering some Bretonnian knights looking resplendent on horses and pegasi. As well as an ostentatious castle in the distance.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 02, 2016, 10:49:53 pm »

Probably first DLC race, wouldn't mind it myself, specially if you had to ferry in Errant Knights and dirt farming peasants as part of your mechanics.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 03, 2016, 07:38:46 am »

The price has just dropped from £50 to £40 in the UK.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 03, 2016, 09:24:25 am »

The most common assumption is that Bretonnia will be this FLC that Creative Assembly mentioned in their Rally Point... 29 I think, but it is just an assumption.

The price in USD on Steam is still $59.99. £40 seems more in line with other pricing, being just under the USD and AUD after conversion.

The DLC thing that I was mentioning earlier seems to have just been a hiccup somewhere. The banner is back on the Steam page.

Edit: Ooooh, I just checked and there's a video up now covering the Dwarfs campaign.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:26:11 am by Mech#4 »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2016, 10:09:08 pm »

Ooh, I think the way they did the grudges would make for interesting moments.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2016, 03:21:56 am »

Anyone else notice that some of them wolves in the ork video watch the screen as it pans by?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2016, 03:49:51 am »

I think I did see that. One of the ones towards the centre of the group.

As for the grudges system, it seems rather similar to the quest system that was in Rome 2. If you play as Athens and an enemy force goes near Athens you get a quest to defeat them. Other things like raising an army/fleet or taking a settlement near you.

Tying this mechanic into faction happiness is a simple solution that should work quite well. I doubt there would be but it might be nice to have a counter of how many greenskins you need to kill that goes up for every dwarf that is killed. Counting armies, I wouldn't go so far as settlement population.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 05, 2016, 12:36:21 am »

So er, this MIGHT be relevant to the game, considering the whole Chaos DLC thing.

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 05, 2016, 08:07:26 am »

What?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:46 am »

What?

It's an incredibly garbled explanation and I'm not sure I understand it either.  Certain powerful units are limited in the number you can have at once to help maintain some form of balance.  BFEL seems to have taken great offence at this and I think s/he made a disastrous attempt at modding that out, breaking the game in the process due to not really knowing what they were doing.  Through some undisclosed and presumably tortuous inner logic, this is somehow the developer's fault.

Is that the gist of it?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:29:14 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 277