Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489125 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2016, 12:53:12 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 26, 2016, 06:05:56 pm »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 26, 2016, 06:11:27 pm »

Giants, and how to counter them

"Lol, there aren't any. -- CA"
Nah, they said siege can take them down. But yeah, it seems giants might be a pretty good choice for greenskins in the late game.

Wait, VCs have no siege. GG.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 26, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »

Giants, and how to counter them

"Lol, there aren't any. -- CA"
Nah, they said siege can take them down. But yeah, it seems giants might be a pretty good choice for greenskins in the late game.

Wait, VCs have no siege. GG.
They have those wraith dudes though. The floating death reaper guys.

There's actually a pretty interesting mechanic I don't know if it was mentioned in that in sieges, towers and shoot the entire map (ahead of them). So just letting your siege weapons slowly shoot the enemy walls might not be the wisest of ideas. Also you can manually order your towers to aim at targets you want.

With this in mind, I think I'm kinda OK with vampires not having any ranged units of any kind... simply because I wouldn't want to be one against the ridiculous hail of enemy fire as we've seen in the gameplay videos. I would just suicide charge the enemy walls too. I also think it'd be pretty cool to summon zombies on top of the enemy's walls next to their archers.

I like the Vampire Counts. Also the Terrorgheist looks amazing.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 26, 2016, 10:41:24 pm »

There's also spells like the "Curse of Bjuna" or something that lowers the stats of a unit making them take much more damage from enemy attacks. I guess the answer for a lot of these problems for the Vampire Counts will be "throw a spell at it".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 27, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 27, 2016, 05:31:31 pm »

There's also spells like the "Curse of Bjuna" or something that lowers the stats of a unit making them take much more damage from enemy attacks. I guess the answer for a lot of these problems for the Vampire Counts will be "throw a spell at it".

MORE ZOMBIES! Though you could also use the Ethereal units which take much less damage from physical attacks.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 27, 2016, 05:37:46 pm »

Steam tanks are monsters now?
If the enemy isnt bracing, a steam tank can just roll through medium infantry like Orc Boys for example. Their strength as a unit is their fire power as they're not as effective in prolonged melee combat.
That sounds extremely amusing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2016, 05:38:42 pm »

I admit that the Orc Warboss being removed from his boar by a cannonball in the video was incredibly amusing.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2016, 06:28:17 pm »

Ahh, steam tanks. One of the biggest lore/gameplay disparities ever. There's 12 of them, but literally every army has one in WH. Because they're too good for their points cost and shift a tonne of expensive models.

With the real-$ value not being a factor, hopefully CA will balance them a bit better.

Speaking of things with odd rules that were a tiny bit too good for their points cost (and that were completely free to make $-wise), I don't remember seeing any snotling pump wagons anywhere. Is there a vid with them in it? They've been great in every edition (not ST great, but still awesome).
It's a game. Have fun.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 27, 2016, 06:33:35 pm »

Ahh, steam tanks. One of the biggest lore/gameplay disparities ever. There's 12 of them, but literally every army has one in WH. Because they're too good for their points cost and shift a tonne of expensive models.

With the real-$ value not being a factor, hopefully CA will balance them a bit better.

Speaking of things with odd rules that were a tiny bit too good for their points cost (and that were completely free to make $-wise), I don't remember seeing any snotling pump wagons anywhere. Is there a vid with them in it? They've been great in every edition (not ST great, but still awesome).
Greenskins army roster:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 27, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »

:-[

So they can make a lazor chariot, you can control doom divers in-flight, but they didn't make a terrain jumping spiky rally cart powered by insane little gremlins? Bah!

If there's a modding back end of any sort in this, I know what I'm making first. Possibly for the sole purpose of having pump wagon races.

They were one of the best things about being a greenskin in TT. A free model that you'd make from cardboard/sprue bits/random stuff, highly customizable for the model and the rules, kind of broken rules too (360° random charge arc meant no reactions allowed, plus you could legally clip a unit where you wanted to, well away from characters, possibly from behind scenery with no LoS if you took the Flappers upgrade), as well as being nice and cheap so they were gloriously expendable. As snotlings should be. You thought fanatics were area denial? PWs were so much better if you were any good with them. They were one of the zany units that made it "Your" army, unlike any other.

I've already got some ideas of how to mod them in and make them fun, assuming we can mod anything in at all (and make it PoV fun).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:11:44 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:53 pm »

:-[

So they can make a lazor chariot, you can control doom divers in-flight, but they didn't make a terrain jumping spiky rally cart powered by insane little gremlins? Bah!

If there's a modding back end of any sort in this, I know what I'm making first. Possibly for the sole purpose of having pump wagon races.
There will probably be modding but there's no official mod support.

So the best we can hope for is people fiddling with the numbers of AI priorities and stuff like that.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 277