Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491467 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #645 on: May 22, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »

Also they plan to release a few games for the other major lands, the reason they don't have High and Dark is likely because they'll come together along with the fact that both of them are very, very far away from the old world lands.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 22, 2016, 04:51:06 pm »

With the current map, what could be in DLC (paid or not) is: Bretonnia (confirmed), Kislev, Tilea/Estalia, Border Princes, Norsca, Beastmen, Skaven, and Wood Elves (maybe also Daemons (though I have no idea how)). Everyone else is, to some degree, outside the current map.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 22, 2016, 05:39:47 pm »

With the current map, what could be in DLC (paid or not) is: Bretonnia (confirmed), Kislev, Tilea/Estalia, Border Princes, Norsca, Beastmen, Skaven, and Wood Elves (maybe also Daemons (though I have no idea how)). Everyone else is, to some degree, outside the current map.

From the numbers they gave they likely are going to add the Codex armies, so Beastmen, Wood Elves, and possibly Daemons, maybe some neutrals getting some minor unique stuff.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 22, 2016, 05:46:49 pm »

You forgot Skaven, though I would be willing to bet those will also get their own mini-campaign, since they (CA) mentioned these being a thing in the future.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 22, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »

It'd be kinda odd to have Skaven and not have the primary Lustria area with Clan Pestilaans, but then they'd likely start at Undercity so you would likely be correct.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 22, 2016, 05:59:50 pm »

I can't imagine them going further out than Skaven and Elves - all the other ones aren't really popular enough to warrant a DLC (I could only barely remember what Kislev were) and I doubt they'd be able to add much to differentiate them. Interesting if modders pick them up though.

So has anyone actually played it yet??
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 22, 2016, 06:47:47 pm »

I can't imagine them going further out than Skaven and Elves - all the other ones aren't really popular enough to warrant a DLC (I could only barely remember what Kislev were) and I doubt they'd be able to add much to differentiate them. Interesting if modders pick them up though.

So has anyone actually played it yet??
I don't think any of us are youtubers or reviewers, so no. It's only out in about 36 hours. However, preloading is available.

EDIT: Been reading reviews, and the overall feeling is that the game is good. Main criticisms are low faction number (though this is understandable), simplified economy (one (RPS, I think?) compared it to Medieval 2's), and, of course, the AI. On the last one, it seems that while not as... problematic as in the other games, it can still be somewhat quirky.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:10:56 pm by Teneb »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 22, 2016, 10:30:56 pm »

Reading RPS seems like he tried to do it exactly like he did in Rome 2, where he didn't realize sometimes you didn't want to occupy cities and instead just ransack and move on to fill your coffers, as well as raid.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 22, 2016, 10:43:42 pm »

I look forwards to seeing how much the campaign changes as new factions are added. Factions like the Beastmen and Skaven will put more pressure on the Empire meaning I think the end game will be quite a bit harder than at release. I'd imagine Beastmen would be added as a horde faction moving through the Empire while the Skaven have several lairs around like Skavenblight, Putrid Stump, Hell Pit and so on.

From what I've read, Warhammer has more in common with Attila than Rome 2. Sacking and raiding is more of a staple of income in Attila than it was in Rome 2 as it's harder to get a good economy going for quite a few factions. Expansion is much harder in Attila as well with population happiness, religion and food being large limiters. There's also a mechanic where as other provinces get razed to the ground, refugees move to neighbouring provinces and increase instability. While I don't think most of these mechanics are in Warhammer, the lower focus on taking over the world and more surviving until a set date seems to be the same.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 23, 2016, 10:46:01 am »

So wait.. I don't get to play as Konrad Von Carstein?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 23, 2016, 12:31:57 pm »

So wait.. I don't get to play as Konrad Von Carstein?
Not at first. Maybe he'll pop up later as a freeLC/Paid DLC Lord, but right now the VCs get to choose between Manny and Kemmler.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 23, 2016, 01:13:15 pm »

Konrad would be dead at the time. Unless they said they are going to add people who  aren't around in that time period?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 23, 2016, 01:23:28 pm »

I think there was mention of small campaigns that would focus on different time periods for some lords that might not be alive at the current time. There might've also been mention of the lords also being included in the main campaign. I think it was in the future plans thread on the main forums but it's since been unstickied. Might be on the wiki as well.

I would like to have Konrad as a Legendary Lord though. Crazy melee whirlwind that he is.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 23, 2016, 01:51:41 pm »

I imagine they'll do different time periods and fudge timelines - whilst I know there are a lot of diehard WH fans out there, I doubt the games wider audience will care that much if someone isn't quite where they're supposed to be. I imagine most will just want to play as what they fondly remember from 15/20 years ago, rather than be bogged down by time restraints.

More than that, I can't imagine them doing a 'warhammer 2' for a while, so I imagine they'll want to jam in most of the favorites. 
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 23, 2016, 02:43:49 pm »

A few people are complaining about not having Vlad..
If I'm remembering right, this game is based loosely on the timeline in which Franz consolidated the empire?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 277