Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491571 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1080 on: June 29, 2016, 01:52:36 pm »

Who fricking cares about unit size. When two clumps of infantry smash each other, almost all of the guys except the ones actually fighting don't do jack shit. All the unit size is is a glorified HP pool.

Speaking of which... even if we include unit size in this.

Chosen HP pool: 7200

Warriors HP pool: 6500

------------

I was looking through the DLC plans and they mention Lord packs which has 2 new legendary lords and 2 new lords. I wonder what that means. Strigoi for VC? Actually... I can really see the Strigoi happening for the VC as they have events talking about it.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 29, 2016, 02:26:10 pm »

Autoresolver now deals less damage to high quality units (e.g. Slayers) in standard battle situations and deals more to low quality units.

Well, it'll need to be a pretty big effect. Slayers almost always took >50% losses in autoresolved, even in a decisive victory against weak enemy forces.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 29, 2016, 02:31:05 pm »

Them being resistant to getting tossed does it for me.

I now believe how powerful the chosen are.
I wonder why I was so undersold back when I did the VH chaos run.

Random topic segway- I've nearly 100%ed the game- although my Orc game is too far ahead for me to get the 2nd raiding 'chieve, so I'll probably need to start a new homerun campaign.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 29, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »

Them being resistant to getting tossed does it for me.

I now believe how powerful the chosen are.
I wonder why I was so undersold back when I did the VH chaos run.

Random topic segway- I've nearly 100%ed the game- although my Orc game is too far ahead for me to get the 2nd raiding 'chieve, so I'll probably need to start a new homerun campaign.
I'm still on turn 200+ on my VC run. This is taking forever. I know I should just end it by finishing off the Empire but the Norsca and Orks are pissing me off so much.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 29, 2016, 02:42:48 pm »

I feel that. I was dumb enough to go south instead of settling in the wake of the chaos invasion. I own basically everything south of Bordeleux, but am kind of at an impasse because of the military alliances between everyone.
I've just smashed 4/5 chaos armies but I feel that if age of peace procs, I won't have any armor in place to settle and the empire will get far too powerful.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 29, 2016, 10:36:35 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbuaDRAml0w

Here we go boizzz... Blood for the Blood God DLC. Incoming "This is everything I've ever wanted in my life" and "they should have included this in the game in the first place"!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 30, 2016, 04:03:35 am »

I'm not allowed the link.
What's happening?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 30, 2016, 05:46:08 am »

Link says it's a private video. Would suck it if really was the blood and gore dlc.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 30, 2016, 07:09:38 am »

Blood and Gore DLC announced with Khornate stuff/Beastmen would be an incredible tie in at least.

That and considering their "FLC" content, the next thing is a new hero. Krell would fit there, he was a former Khorne Champion before his death and the legendary wight lord is Kemmeler's best bodyguard.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:11:23 am by ZebioLizard2 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 30, 2016, 10:02:51 am »

I have to admit, my first thought was... "What? Three dollars for a graphics option?" But... It's pretty inoffensive compared to what it could have been. I guess it could have been "The blood and gore pack, introducing bloodknights! Lead by Krell! Only 19.99!" So. Eyyy. I guess it's all alrite.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 30, 2016, 11:00:57 am »

Total War has been releasing overpriced gore packs since Shogun 2.
It's just a running joke now.

Thankfully bundling is not their style, unless they do the thing where the Wood Elves won't be visible or playable unless you buy the "war of the beard" mini-campaign.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 30, 2016, 11:19:18 am »

Looks like it got removed because the Russian site leaked it.

But don't fret, here's the official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxvqLYxTDo

Edit: Also the patch is out... 2gb guh.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 30, 2016, 11:51:32 am »

Link to changelog (if it hasn't already been posted)

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:21 pm »

I have to admit, my first thought was... "What? Three dollars for a graphics option?" But... It's pretty inoffensive compared to what it could have been. I guess it could have been "The blood and gore pack, introducing bloodknights! Lead by Krell! Only 19.99!" So. Eyyy. I guess it's all alrite.
It's just how it is basically.

Originally they had to do that because the ratings organizations won't let them keep their Teen (?) rating if there was blood in it or if they released it as a free DLC since that was considered "part of the game included in the price" or something like that. So with Shogun 2 they released it for like $1 and it was bloody brilliant. Freaking heads flying off, limbs flying off, everyone was getting dismembered. You'd get blood on the screen, in the grass, on the battlements, everywhere. Fountains of it.

It was $3 for Rome 2. Rome 2's version kinda sucked though. Nowhere near as gratuitous or messy as Shogun 2's. Don't know why they decided it was worth $3.

Here it's $3 as well.

Why? Who knows. Maybe they had to animate more stuff. Maybe it was more difficult to figure out how blood works for things like dragons and giants. Maybe they needed more money for their slave gladiatorial fighting arenas.

I bought it anyway~ My enjoyment factor for the Total War games goes up severalfold with the blood DLCs.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 277