Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491572 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1170 on: July 14, 2016, 11:28:02 am »

I do think the price is more reasonable then similar DLC for previous Total War games. Seeing as it includes a mini-campaign and each unit is pretty much unique to the Beastmen unlike, say, the Viking Forefathers for Atilla. Though looking it is more expensive than the Age of Charlemagne, which was $13.99, by $2.00.

Malagor the Dark Omen is a second legendary lord and apparently starts in the swamps of madness in the Badlands. They have more ranged then I thought with Ungor Raiders armed with bows.

I would assume the "blasphemous monument" is a herdstone. There's also some interesting abilities for the centigors that give them a leadership bonus and vigour/stamina buff until they start losing moral. The Cygor also increases miscasts for enemy mages around it.

The list is missing a few units; Ghorgon, Jabberslythe and Harpies as well as tuskgor chariots I believe.

The trailer looks funny with the beastmen putting empty helmets on display. Pretty sure they should have heads in them.

There will also be a free unit added in a coming update of the Amber Mage as well who uses the lore of beasts.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 14, 2016, 11:35:12 am »

The trailer looks funny with the beastmen putting empty helmets on display. Pretty sure they should have heads in them.
Likely the same reason there's no blood in the trailer: teen rating.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 14, 2016, 11:49:50 am »

My first assumption was that the beastmen has eaten the corpses skulls and all, but teen rating sounds much more likely.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 14, 2016, 12:11:23 pm »

So their mages can summon free artillery...
Could be counterproductive if you like to keep a 20-stack.
?

You can summon units no problem so long as you don't have 40 allied units on the map. They just go away after the battle. Or stick around if you have free slots.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 14, 2016, 05:12:49 pm »

Looks like a pretty good DLC. And if they can get beastmen right, they can do the same for woodies/dryads. I wonder how "skirmishy" they'll be in comparison to other troops? Ungors with bows might not be great, but chaos and vamps can weep at your "superior battlefield technology" of both mooks, and mooks with bows.

Is amber magic confirmed, or just Lore of Beasts for beastmen? They're sort of the same, but having a squishy little human mage going into berko-mode occasionally might be fun.
It's a game. Have fun.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 14, 2016, 09:00:06 pm »

Looks like a pretty good DLC. And if they can get beastmen right, they can do the same for woodies/dryads. I wonder how "skirmishy" they'll be in comparison to other troops? Ungors with bows might not be great, but chaos and vamps can weep at your "superior battlefield technology" of both mooks, and mooks with bows.

Is amber magic confirmed, or just Lore of Beasts for beastmen? They're sort of the same, but having a squishy little human mage going into berko-mode occasionally might be fun.

Lore of beasts and Amber Wizards are coming up as well. Beastmen are getting their unique Lore of the Wild along with Lore of the Beasts and lore of Death on their Bray-Shamans.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:53 am »

Hmm, they look pretty interesting, but they aren't skaven, back to sleep with me then. (seriously though, will probably pick them up, sounds fun).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 15, 2016, 09:50:28 am »

skaven
Look, the notion that a race of malevolent ratmen live beneath our cities is preposterous. It's just a ploy by Marienburg merchants to drive up cheese prices.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 15, 2016, 09:53:20 am »

skaven
Look, the notion that a race of malevolent ratmen live beneath our cities is preposterous. It's just a ploy by Marienburg merchants to drive up cheese prices.

In all fairness it kind of is outright freeken ridiculous... Especially the more they extrapolate on it and show.

It is why my theory is that the sewers are actually the ruins of a much larger more advanced civilization that all cities are built ontop of.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 15, 2016, 12:23:07 pm »

Has anyone tried to kill heros with cannons? I hesitate as I don't want to waste all my cannon shots on attempting to kill a unit.
Doesn't really work unless they're large sized (mounted / Kholek). They just get bounced around without much damage.

They go down very fast to guns though. Crossbows / bows work too, to a degree.

If your artillery is high-ranked enough, they'll generally be able to do it if you have 3-4 and sufficient time. A few rank 9 hellcannons can reliably kill an enemy lord at range (especially when the knockback gives them more time to keep hitting).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:47 pm »

Has anyone tried to kill heros with cannons? I hesitate as I don't want to waste all my cannon shots on attempting to kill a unit.
Doesn't really work unless they're large sized (mounted / Kholek). They just get bounced around without much damage.

If your artillery is high-ranked enough, they'll generally be able to do it if you have 3-4 and sufficient time. A few rank 9 hellcannons can reliably kill an enemy lord at range (especially when the knockback gives them more time to keep hitting).
Hellcannons are a bit different from all the other artillery (read: significantly better).

They're more like flame cannons with extreme range, huge armour penetration, massive splash damage, and limited tracking ability, and unbreakable, which is why they're insanely strong.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 15, 2016, 12:43:23 pm »

Nothing like watching a great cannon cannonball hit a necromancer in the face, fling him back about 30 meters, and then him getting up with only about 5% of his hp missing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 15, 2016, 12:52:38 pm »

What's really annoying though, is being on the verge of wiping out the Empire with Chaos... only to chase one damn army around that keeps resettling stuff when you think you got them all.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 15, 2016, 01:05:23 pm »

Hellcannons are a bit different from all the other artillery (read: significantly better).

They're more like flame cannons with extreme range, huge armour penetration, massive splash damage, and limited tracking ability, and unbreakable, which is why they're insanely strong.

I bet you could do it with dwarven artillery as well. I never bothered abusing mount gunbad for high level artillery earlyish, but I wonder if maybe it would be doable with dwarves. Probably not human or orc though?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 15, 2016, 01:15:16 pm »

Ok, I have now developed a particular hatred for the Empire AI. I take Altdorf. They're down to a single city that doesn't even have walls... and they then confederate with Nordland. Damn it.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 277