Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491451 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1500 on: October 31, 2016, 06:12:35 am »

You all grumble like Beardlings! Code goes to Teneb for making his somewhat thematic.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 31, 2016, 02:00:57 pm »

Wood Elves appear to be coming, and hopefully they'll throw Bretonnia and lore of life in with it.

Look at the very top of the image. This was in the official Total War instagram, by the way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 31, 2016, 05:08:05 pm »

*Held breath intensifies*
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 31, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »

I'm not terribly familiar with the details Warhammer lore, is it possible that we will get skaven in the future? Or would they not be part of the map the game takes place on?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 31, 2016, 05:43:07 pm »

AFAIK they're definitely planning Skaven, and Ogre kingdoms soon after.

Also maybe Lustria, Nekehara and Ulthuan and such will be standalones/map extensions to the east and west.

This is all second hand info but they have a roadmap somewhere which has it all.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 31, 2016, 05:43:58 pm »

I'm not terribly familiar with the details Warhammer lore, is it possible that we will get skaven in the future? Or would they not be part of the map the game takes place on?
Theoretically speaking, they are everywhere. Theoretically, they'll be eventually added. I say theoretically because these ludicrous tales of man-sized rats are clearly myths spun by Marienburg cheese merchants to drive up the prices.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 31, 2016, 06:02:32 pm »

Yeah, I mean, if there were millions of these preposterous man-sized rodents living right under our feet, don't you think we would have discovered them by now.

But I'm sure they'll throw in a few bones here and there to appease the cultists who worship these nonsensical things.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 31, 2016, 10:39:26 pm »

I feel like it would be really difficult for them to properly represent the Under-Empire if they did add the skaven, though it would be really cool to see an army whose main tactic is to just throw hundreds of trash-tier infantry into the meat grinder, as Skaven most probably would. If they do add them, I would hope to see a really, REALLY cool research tree and some very exciting units. I'm just not sure they won't be essentially Beastmen clones in terms of campaign mechanics (always hidden, horde-style movement maybe? To get around the difficulty of having an entirely separate map layer, I mean).

I'd like to see it, but I'm just not sure CA can get the mechanics down.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 01, 2016, 12:50:01 am »

Is it just me who doesn't particularly like the beastman ambush maps?
Specifically the deployment zones, everything else is great, but I hate that I can't pincer the enemy archers.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 01, 2016, 03:10:25 pm »

Is it just me who doesn't particularly like the beastman ambush maps?
Specifically the deployment zones, everything else is great, but I hate that I can't pincer the enemy archers.

I just think that they're WAY too small. I feel like, as beastmen, you don't get any room to maneuver or do any sort of tactical planning; you're basically forced to immediately rush them.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 01, 2016, 03:36:40 pm »

I gota question, for those who play this game more then me. In my latest game I was playing the vampire counts and giving bribes to the dwarfs, got em friendly enough to sign a non aggression pact, which seemed to be working out fine as I moved though various empire lands at a leisurely pace, my back secure as I kept giving more and more gifts to them, they never liked me, but never hated me either. That is, until, oh, a good 20-30 turns later, or a few turns since the latest gift, I noticed that they had very hateful icons on their cities. Looking it up, it seems all the gifts, including the ones I'd given just a few turns ago, all the past actions I've taken against their rivals and enemies, and our non aggression pact (both the relationship boost and the pact itself.) had been wiped out. Does anyone know what would cause this sorta thing to happen? Is it a bug of some sort? Or something that can just happen, a total reset of all friendly relation modifiers?

Things that could maybe be effecting it maybe...?: I attacked the empire, which they like but have no agreements of any sort with (I got a penalty for that, but not a large one.). They integrated some dwarven kingdom that had nothing to do with me. And they have started to seriously loose the war against the orcs. None of these seem like something that would wipe out all friendly modfiriers, but maybe there's something I'm missing.

Any idea what's up?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 02, 2016, 01:27:18 am »

Bribes are a temporary buff to diplomacy.
Actually everything is temporary in diplomacy.

In the 30 turns it could've faded and disappeared.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 03, 2016, 06:09:26 am »

Theoretically speaking, they are everywhere. Theoretically, they'll be eventually added. I say theoretically because these ludicrous tales of man-sized rats are clearly myths spun by Marienburg cheese merchants to drive up the prices.
To add to this, their defacto capital Skaveblight resides beneath the blighter marshes, which ARE represented on the map, with a unique geographical texture (the same that the woods of the woodelves are represented currently with a unique woods). It's down in Tilea near Estalia, at the head of that bay.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 03, 2016, 08:18:52 am »

So that whole section of impassable terrain between Tilea and Estalia is inc. skaven territory?

I thought the Skaven lived underneath Troll Country..
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 277