Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489144 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #2130 on: May 28, 2017, 07:14:47 am »

Realm Divide in Shogun 2 is bullshit, though. Especially with even your vassals turning against you.
To be fair, the actual history involved a vassal supplanting their lord house.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: May 28, 2017, 03:55:50 pm »

Realm Divide in Shogun 2 is bullshit, though. Especially with even your vassals turning against you. But then, diplomacy has always been diarhea in Total War. It is a shame, since the grand campaigns would be much better with passable diplomacy AI.

While it is most certainly bullshit, it does prevent an endgame where you just steamroll everything.

Though vassals turning on you was complete bullshit, since that just made making vassals useless.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: May 28, 2017, 03:57:47 pm »

Realm Divide in Shogun 2 is bullshit, though. Especially with even your vassals turning against you. But then, diplomacy has always been diarhea in Total War. It is a shame, since the grand campaigns would be much better with passable diplomacy AI.

While it is most certainly bullshit, it does prevent an endgame where you just steamroll everything.

Though vassals turning on you was complete bullshit, since that just made making vassals useless.
And you can totally abuse the realm divide, as clans that spawn/respawn after the realm divide triggers won't hate you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: May 28, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »

And you can totally abuse the realm divide, as clans that spawn/respawn after the realm divide triggers won't hate you.
I wouldn't really call that "abuse". More like... convenient loophole.

Abusing is exploiting the AI and move order bugs to win a speedrun legendary difficulty campaign in 8 turns.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 01, 2017, 10:31:17 pm »

An article on Warhammer 2: Total War from PC Gamer UK has been shared online and it covers a number of points on what's coming in the new game. Taken from a thread on the official forums here;

Spoiler:  Summery of features (click to show/hide)

There was some images in the thread of the article. It had a number of small pictures from the battle the reporter played The map being as is described above, the one we saw in the Lizardmen in engine trailer (A bridge leading to a large temple).

Edit: I do have copies of the images I took before they were removed. There's nothing really new to them and they'll probably be up again in a few days once magazine subscription exclusivity is over.

Edit 2: There was one other thing. A video covering the Saurus Oldbloods riding Carnosaurs was released a few days ago.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:16:52 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 01, 2017, 11:02:13 pm »

As always you're the source that removes the necessity of me actually clicking on sites.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 02, 2017, 12:48:13 am »

I hope they don't fuck up with rat-things yes-yes. They should fight-fight among themselves and not care about dead rats-rats. This is easily done by making their missile troops fire into melee-melee headless of friendly fire. Although I think they should have an easy way to replenish casualties for trash units then, maybe in the same way as the undead.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 02, 2017, 01:16:46 am »

"Cleanrat and skavenslave units replenish past their cap, but carry public order and army upkeep penalties if they get too numerous"
Would be awesome.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 02, 2017, 03:35:48 am »

It used to be a thing in 6th Edition that you could only have as many units of slaves as you had clanrats. I think it could work that for every unit of clanrats you field, you get a free unit of slaves that auto-replenishes to full between battles. The trade off could be, like in 7th edition, once the slaves break they scatter, dealing some damage to units around them, and don't reform.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 02, 2017, 11:09:45 am »

It used to be a thing in 6th Edition that you could only have as many units of slaves as you had clanrats. I think it could work that for every unit of clanrats you field, you get a free unit of slaves that auto-replenishes to full between battles. The trade off could be, like in 7th edition, once the slaves break they scatter, dealing some damage to units around them, and don't reform.
Yes, a mass swarm of exploding slaves was always great. I always head-cannoned it that they had skyre-approved explosive collars.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 02, 2017, 11:22:21 am »

An article on Warhammer 2: Total War from PC Gamer UK has been shared online and it covers a number of points on what's coming in the new game. Taken from a thread on the official forums here;

Spoiler:  Summery of features (click to show/hide)

There was some images in the thread of the article. It had a number of small pictures from the battle the reporter played The map being as is described above, the one we saw in the Lizardmen in engine trailer (A bridge leading to a large temple).

Edit: I do have copies of the images I took before they were removed. There's nothing really new to them and they'll probably be up again in a few days once magazine subscription exclusivity is over.

Edit 2: There was one other thing. A video covering the Saurus Oldbloods riding Carnosaurs was released a few days ago.
It's also, more or less the same, in PCGamer's site.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 02, 2017, 11:28:14 am »

You know, I avoided using the word "explode" to describe the rule so people wouldn't think the slaves literally exploded.

More information has been released about the sequel. Various articles are now able to be read on journalist websites, listed in the thread linked.

There's aslo various screenshots of gameplay that accompany these articles. I've listed several below.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5

Skimming through one of the articles a few things were mentioned;

Legendary Lords for a faction now have different starting locations. Tyrion is in Ulthuan, Teclis elsewhere (probably Lustria). This also means they are two seperate factions in gameplay so you'll have to confederate to get both lords.

The Lizardmen power laylines they see across the map can link settlements together, conveying bonuses, I believe, to the cities as well as through the decleration/edict system.

High Elves have a faction ability called "Influence" that they can gain through events and spend to change diplomatic relations between other factions.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 02, 2017, 03:12:10 pm »

Tyrion is in Ulthuan, Teclis elsewhere (probably Lustria)
The PCGamer link I posted confirms he starts in Lustria.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 02, 2017, 11:05:31 pm »

Oakley, IndiePride and PixellatedApollo (3 YouTubers who focus on Total War games) did an interview with Creative Assembly on Warhammer: Total War 2.

IndiePride - Interview Part 1
IndiePride - Interview Part 2

A few other details are mentioned;

A Free-for-All mode for multiplayer (so, 3 armies all against each other rather tahn in 2 teams).

Dragons will have breath attacks.

Fortress Gate battles will have abilities the High Elves can use tied to them. I think the two mentioned were calling in giant eagles and an ability called the "Hammer of Vaul" that destroys walls.
Also, apparently siege equipment won't be used in Fortress Gate battles.

There was a mention that magic for the likes of Mazdamundi and Teclis would be different from other mage lords. They probably won't have all the lores available to them like in the tabletop but something else to represent their magic power.

Raiding and pillaging locations in Lustria for items and gold. There was also a mention of sea monsters.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 02, 2017, 11:55:22 pm »

Raiding and pillaging locations in Lustria for items and gold. There was also a mention of sea monsters.
I suspect sea monsters will probably just be events or attrition. Doubt you'd actually be able to fight them considering they won't be doing naval battles at all.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 277