Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489133 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2205 on: June 15, 2017, 06:11:03 pm »

After this mad rush you can probably blitz through the Empire running on nothing but raise dead, or even just wipe out Reikland and go grab the Border Princes and Brettonia for your wincon. You can even do it before Archaon shows up, getting you an instant win.
I don't think it's possible to win without Mr. Flappy Bird showing up unless you mod the game.

Chaos is spawned based on time or Imperium levels, whichever comes first.
It is, but it's a delicate balance. Vassals count for wincons, but not for imperium. Same goes for allies.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: June 15, 2017, 07:02:00 pm »

After this mad rush you can probably blitz through the Empire running on nothing but raise dead, or even just wipe out Reikland and go grab the Border Princes and Brettonia for your wincon. You can even do it before Archaon shows up, getting you an instant win.
I don't think it's possible to win without Mr. Flappy Bird showing up unless you mod the game.

Chaos is spawned based on time or Imperium levels, whichever comes first.
It is, but it's a delicate balance. Vassals count for wincons, but not for imperium. Same goes for allies.
I doubt it can be done except on ezmode difficulties but then again, I know people can beat Shogun 2 legendary in 8 turns. So... probably possible.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 19, 2017, 01:55:09 pm »

Doublepost!

---

So I did give the VC a go. You know, the real OG VC. VC numero uno.

Also did it on Steel Faith VH because why not. I kinda like some of the things it does, though I wish I could use Cataph's magic in it alongside some other things.

---

I tried to use Teneb's suggestions but unfortunately Steel Faith kinda makes it impossible as you literally start with a budget deficit. I tried starting with both Vlad and Isabella but ended up bankrupt in 2 turns. I didn't really want to disband the blood knights either.

So, since I basically was on a timer due to having like -400 monies per turn, I had to work with what I had. Since Steel Faith also buffs up defensive garrisons quite a bit (especially capitals), I had to kinda go somewhere else instead.

So began my blitz to just declare war and conquer as much holdings as I could to resolve this budget problem. Took the halflings first. I thought it would be easy, but the increased garrisons actually hurts quite a bit. Then some random town to the left of that. Then another one to the bottom. Still not enough money. Kept fighting and fighting cause if I stopped I'd basically lose in like 3 turns. I'd conquer provincial capitals with Vlad, some bats, 2 vargheists, and some blood knights. Not easy considering those garrisons are around 2000 men.

By turn 20 or so Vlad was level 18. He basically gained one level per turn.

So now I turned my attention back towards the other undead factions that I completely ignored until now. They were also allied to each other for some reason. So I slaughtered Templehof and now it was just Manny the Manlet remaining.

---

This one was interesting. Manny had four fullstack armies despite only having his starting city. However, other than the LLs and the Vargulf, they were all skeletons and zombies. That was it. It was like.... 7000 units of zombies and skeletons all clumped together in a big deathball. What's a guy to do in that situation? YOLO.

So there's Vlad with about 1000 troops. Those include the same now gold chevron blood knights, two vargheists, and some bats. The rest were zombies and the RoR Grave Guard. Versus 7 times their number alongside Manny, Kemmler, Ghorst, and some random shitter. The only thing Vlad has going for him? He's level 18 and the other lords are max level 3. Manny is only level 2.

---

It was glorious. One of the most entertaining battles I've had in TWW. Just an endless horde of zombies coming from all sides due to the AI's predilection of constantly flanking you. Me desperately trying to kill the lords all hanging around in the rear with my blood knights and vargheists while Vlad and my zombie front line try to hold against a neverending wave.

---

Things I've noticed about Steel Faith for VC units:

1. Vargheists are really, really strong in Steel Faith. The modder reduced the unit sizes by 2/3 and buffed their stats up to compensate. This is a common theme for many of the supposedly rare troops according to the lore so I'm okay with it. He also gave them significantly increased regeneration, which makes them flying Vargulfs more or less.

2. Blood knights also received the same treatment. There's much less of them, which I'm okay with as it never made sense how there were like 60 of them in a unit when they were supposed to be elite vampires. Their regeneration is ridiculous too now.

3. Holy shit are the regular units slow. Zombies and skeletons move soooooo slowly. It's why I was sieging cities with just Vlad, blood knights, the bats, and vargheists. Everything else took too long to get anywhere.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 19, 2017, 02:25:14 pm »

Seems like you did nicely for yourself, though I should probably note that I wasn't using Steel & Faith (I like Crynsos' stuff better, especially since it is the most compatible overhaul around).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 19, 2017, 04:48:55 pm »

Seems like you did nicely for yourself, though I should probably note that I wasn't using Steel & Faith (I like Crynsos' stuff better, especially since it is the most compatible overhaul around).
There's this idiotic bug in TWW where the game crashes more and more the more mods you have. Like, it's not because they're incompatible or anything, but because you have too many. Additionally, there is a point where if you have too many mods, the game won't even launch.

So I started pruning back my mods and making sacrifices just so the game won't crash so much.

It's mostly why I started using the big mod packs. I generally prefer customizing the smaller individual mods.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 21, 2017, 09:24:39 am »

First look at the campaign map has just been released. Focuses mostly on High Elf and Lizardmen areas, with a nice view of the vortex in Ulthuan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 21, 2017, 10:14:40 am »

I like how things are looking. A number of minor factions were seen as well including Vampire Counts, Chaos (Probably Norse, Skeggi and another), Dwarfs, Wood Elves, and Empire (Estalian, people are mentioning Cavado).

It also seems like there will be a number of pre-ruined settlements on the campaign map they mentioned you could plunder or settle.

Somethings I've seen: Just when the camara starts pulling away from Teclis on the Turtle Isles, behind the islands there's this bulb shape on a island. About 4:06 in the video, slightly center-left.

Also, at 2:03 you can see some orange banners that look different from the High Elf ones in the top right corner. I think the province is Nagaryth so maybe they're invading Dark Elves?

At 2:36 I can maybe, just barely see a banner on the deserty looking land in the top left.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:21:35 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 21, 2017, 12:16:50 pm »

Also, at 2:03 you can see some orange banners that look different from the High Elf ones in the top right corner. I think the province is Nagaryth so maybe they're invading Dark Elves?
No banner of Nagarythe appears in the trailer, despite the camera panning over it (you also can't see Cothique and Tiranoc). The orange flags have a crescent moon on them, which looks like the Hag Graef flag. Possibly the other playable DElf faction.

Luther Harkon, if he is the vampire lord seen next to a city, uses a generic VC model. Sad!

The desert you see in the trialer is the Huahuan Desert. There is a dwarf flag peeking over a valley just before it get to Teclis. You can see it at 3:50 at the bottom left corner, next to a karak near the middle of the screen. Going by the map... the Mine of Bearded Skulls?

Also of note is that at 1:54 there are two ships with a white horse over a rust field. Estalia?

At 4:45 you can see an Amazon banner at the right side of the screen.

Also,

Pizarro intensifies

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 21, 2017, 01:13:22 pm »

The desert you see in the trialer is the Huahuan Desert.

Earlier at 2:36, just as the camera begins to pan away from Ulthuan. I believe the Huahuan Desert is at 4:10.

I think it's a norscan flag. The skull on top and design is the same as those used for the Varg and Skaeling.

Yah, that empire flag is of Pirazzo's Lost Legion. It'll be interesting to see if they look different from the Empire. Not a big deal if they aren't as mods have done a fine job there.

If there's one thing I could wish for it would be making Saphery look more like it was in Warhammer Online, with blue tree leaves, teal grass and purple tinged skies.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: June 21, 2017, 01:58:53 pm »

I think it's a norscan flag. The skull on top and design is the same as those used for the Varg and Skaeling.
Nope!

I can totally see them reusing flag assets for minor stuff like amazons though.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: June 21, 2017, 06:26:49 pm »

Hi guys, I have vague interest in WH:TW, but am confused why they need to separate it into 2 games instead of releasing expansions or DLCs?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 21, 2017, 06:56:37 pm »

Hi guys, I have vague interest in WH:TW, but am confused why they need to separate it into 2 games instead of releasing expansions or DLCs?

Money

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 21, 2017, 07:00:57 pm »

Money
Also the sheer size of it. But money (they are a for-profit corporation, to expect otherwise is silly), marketing, and saying expansion may cause people to not notice it is stand-alone. Fall of the Samurai is stand-alone and wasn't marketed as its own game, causing me and pretty much everyone I asked (huge, reliable sample size, I know) to think it required the base game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 21, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »

They didn't want to only charge $30 or something for a "standalone expansion pack" now and next year when they release TWW3.

So instead they just market it as three separate games so they can charge full price with each having their own full suite of DLC.

So yeah, money.

That being said, if you like the series, it's pretty frigging good. Despite the greed. Also, to be fair, they have given a real shitload of extra free content. So there is that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 21, 2017, 07:16:36 pm »

to be fair, they have given a real shitload of extra free content

Free Content... Unfinished content later released. Same difference really.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 277