Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491552 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2220 on: June 21, 2017, 07:46:15 pm »

Because it's basically a whole new game's worth of content, and if they made the whole thing and charged 180 bucks for it, nobody'd buy it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: June 21, 2017, 08:18:07 pm »

Because it's basically a whole new game's worth of content, and if they made the whole thing and charged 180 bucks for it, nobody'd buy it.
That's be almost as dumb as them randomly increasing the prices of all their products across the entire world to make it equal to USD "purchasing power", raising prices in countries like Russia by 89% or even Canada by 40% overnight. Haha, no way anyone is so dumb as to piss away all their goodwill and go from universally loved to universally hated like that.

Oh man, can you imagine if you were a well loved niche strategy game dev who kinda happened to make some really unfinished games with horrible quality DLC the past two years and then decided to pull a move like this?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: June 21, 2017, 08:26:45 pm »

That's be almost as dumb as them randomly increasing the prices of all their products across the entire world to make it equal to USD "purchasing power", raising prices in countries like Russia by 89% or even Canada by 40% overnight. Haha, no way anyone is so dumb as to piss away all their goodwill and go from universally loved to universally hated like that.

Oh man, can you imagine if you were a well loved niche strategy game dev who kinda happened to make some really unfinished games with horrible quality DLC the past two years and then decided to pull a move like this?
I think you're probably talking about something recent, but I have no idea what it is.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: June 21, 2017, 08:39:11 pm »

I think you're probably talking about something recent, but I have no idea what it is.
https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/6bw3pa/price_increases_for_a_massive_list_in_the/

I would have found it cute until I saw CK2's price is now $52 for me in Canada. And the DLC collection is $342.

Paradox have gone mental. All their games are getting blasted with negative reviews.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: June 21, 2017, 08:51:07 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/6bw3pa/price_increases_for_a_massive_list_in_the/

I would have found it cute until I saw CK2's price is now $52 for me in Canada. And the DLC collection is $342.

Paradox have gone mental. All their games are getting blasted with negative reviews.
While that is stupid, I'm not sure what it has to do with this game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: June 21, 2017, 08:54:32 pm »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: June 21, 2017, 08:59:47 pm »

...Are you saying making all 3 planned Total War Warhammer games into one 180$ lump is as dumb as that?

Tone's hard to read over the internet.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: June 22, 2017, 01:15:57 am »

Thanks for the answers, guys. Is there any savegame portability from the first game to the second then?

As much as I like the premise of WH:TW, I don't want to support this practice and would rather wait for all 3 games to be bundled together for at least 60% off in far future.

Re Paradox they recently gone publicly traded, so their shareholders are probably pushing for price increases. I'm kind of glad Mount&Blade devs went separate way with them as I dont want my fave game to be riddled by DLCs.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: June 22, 2017, 01:33:01 am »

Thanks for the answers, guys. Is there any savegame portability from the first game to the second then?

As much as I like the premise of WH:TW, I don't want to support this practice and would rather wait for all 3 games to be bundled together for at least 60% off in far future.

Re Paradox they recently gone publicly traded, so their shareholders are probably pushing for price increases. I'm kind of glad Mount&Blade devs went separate way with them as I dont want my fave game to be riddled by DLCs.
There's no save game portability. But a few months after two comes out they will release a gigantic map that combines the game maps.

It's not really the kinda game you need save game compatibility for though. I wouldn't worry about that.

If you wanna wait then the full version will probably be done two years from now at discount pricing.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: June 22, 2017, 02:01:55 am »

While I don't think anything has been said officially, I would strongly suspect that save files from Warhammer 1 will not work with Warhammer 2. The campaign map is completely different as well as the factions available. Think of the campaign maps as completely seperate from each other. They do not add to existing ones and the combined map is a seperate campaign map that includes both landmasses from Warhammer 1 and 2.

Also: On save files I would recommend people to clear out their save file folder in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer\save_games" every so often, as for me the save files average in about 10MB each.

Warhammer 2 is not an expansion adding new factions to the existing map in Warhammer 1. It has a seperate campaign map with 4 new factions, mechanics and goals. A few weeks after release a combined campaign will be added for free that combines the maps from Warhammer 1 and 2, Which factions will be playable in this combined campaign be be determined by whether you own Warhammer 1, 2, both and any faction DLC like "Realm of the Wood Elves".

Aside: Even if you only buy Warhammer 2, I suspect that when the combined campaign map gets released you will be able to play as Bretonnia as they were released as a free faction. Whether Bretonnia has a presence in the Warhammer 2 campaign we don't know yet. Though lorewise Bretonnia does have a presence in the Southlands with some crusaderstate-like settlements.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:20 am »

I honestly don't really understand the hate towards TWW2 being released standalone and for full price. If you look at a game like Injustice and its sequel, it's still quite similar to its predecessor and I don't hear any complains about that. New campaigns, new factions, new mechanics, revamped magic system and probably some more features pretty much sounds like a sequel to me. Sure you could patch the original the same way, but the same could be said about Injustice.

Note; I'm not bashing on Injustice. It's a well received game yet still quite similar to its predecessor, reusing and tweaking what was already made. It's just the difference in reception that I don't get.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: June 22, 2017, 05:12:02 am »

In the end, if the content/dollar ratio is good, I think say it's ok.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:58 am »

I honestly don't really understand the hate towards TWW2 being released standalone and for full price. If you look at a game like Injustice and its sequel, it's still quite similar to its predecessor and I don't hear any complains about that.

I've never followed Injustice, but personally I don't think it's right if we, as customers, don't question anti-customer behaviours, simply because it's been done by other publishers without repercussion. Once we let it slip, it'll become an industry trend. This was how early access and abandoned game are on the rise. We, as customers, are responsible for encouraging such behaviours by supporting it with our wallet.

Anyway, for someone not familiar with WH universe, how does the campaign differ between WH:TW and WH:TW 2? Is there some sort of chronological progression? Or alternate story?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:22 am »

The concept of time doesn't exist within the games. Hell, the concept of time is very vague even in the lore while being completely nonexistent within the realm of chaos.

So you can put it whenever you like.

There's seriously no time in the game. There are no beginning or end dates. No one dies of old age. Every campaign is stand alone. The only stories are those you write in your head.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: June 22, 2017, 05:42:46 am »

Aside: Even if you only buy Warhammer 2, I suspect that when the combined campaign map gets released you will be able to play as Bretonnia as they were released as a free faction. Whether Bretonnia has a presence in the Warhammer 2 campaign we don't know yet. Though lorewise Bretonnia does have a presence in the Southlands with some crusaderstate-like settlements.
I think CA has said you only get the combined campaign map if you own both games (and, later, also if you own games 1 and 3, without needing #2).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 277