Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491527 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2340 on: July 04, 2017, 12:46:54 pm »

Okay, I deserved that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 04, 2017, 12:51:19 pm »

Okay, I deserved that.
I love you bro.

Incidentally, I need to find a way to replay Skyrim but have all crafting disabled. I've always been unable to resist just grinding on the literal grindstone and making myself invincible. The game would probably be more fun if I couldn't do that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 04, 2017, 02:54:46 pm »

I found that grinding weapons made me way ahead on levels and underpowered as heck
When I actually got in a fight I was up against draugr facechoppers and fought like a newborn foal in daedric plate.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 04, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »

My number one annoyence with total war warhammer at the moment:

The harsh,punitive and torturer trait

-1,-2 and -3 GLOBAL PUBLIC ORDER

AND BOTH MY LEGENDARY LORDS HAVE IT AT -3

Why? Because I clicked the replenishment option after most battles.

Seriously wtf, -6 global public order because I choose the most neutral option after battles.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: July 04, 2017, 05:10:55 pm »

Seriously wtf, -6 global public order because I choose the most neutral option after battles.
I don't think I have ever got it, despite always going for replenishment. Odd. Yet I keep getting "Likes Greenskins" with pretty much everyone except Greenskins (especially as the Dwarfs) and other such nonsense.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: July 04, 2017, 05:48:24 pm »

I don't think I have ever got it, despite always going for replenishment. Odd. Yet I keep getting "Likes Greenskins" with pretty much everyone except Greenskins (especially as the Dwarfs) and other such nonsense.

I read it has a 10% chance to proc after each replenishment and requires 2 procs per level.

Its just serious bullshit. No other trait has that much impact on the game.

So If I went for freeing prisoners after each battle and got the kind trait instead the difference in my global public order would have been 12

12 global public order difference for choosing a different post battle option.....

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 04, 2017, 06:12:11 pm »

There's four ways to fix the unjust / harsh thing:

1. Always release prisoners until your lords receive the kind trait. Then they'll never get unjust or harsh (theoretically).

2. Quicksave before every battle and replay it if you get the traits at the end.

3. Mod them out.

4. Go into the creation kit and change the proc chance from them to infinity or something.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 04, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »

1. Always release prisoners until your lords receive the kind trait. Then they'll never get unjust or harsh (theoretically).

2. Quicksave before every battle and replay it if you get the traits at the end.

3. Mod them out.

4. Go into the creation kit and change the proc chance from them to infinity or something.
5: Play as Chaos, lol at the puny other races and their "negative traits".

Also shove your Exalted Heroes into a box because good god in heaven mine cannot do ANYTHING.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: July 04, 2017, 06:39:51 pm »

Yeah they're pretty crap. Nobody uses them even in MP. Though to be fair, nobody uses Thanes, Captains, and so on either.

The only reason to use them before was because they were the only way to get flying units as Chaos (other than your lord) but now you can recruit Manticores straight out and sorcerers get Manticore mounts too.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: July 04, 2017, 06:54:16 pm »

Yeah they're pretty crap. Nobody uses them even in MP. Though to be fair, nobody uses Thanes, Captains, and so on either.

The only reason to use them before was because they were the only way to get flying units as Chaos (other than your lord) but now you can recruit Manticores straight out and sorcerers get Manticore mounts too.
No, I mean that even the free one I got has done nothing but fail and critfail my entire game.

They were useless.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: July 04, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »

No, I mean that even the free one I got has done nothing but fail and critfail my entire game.

They were useless.
If you are/were playing on easy/normal, probably the best use for them is parking them on a province and using their generic action to increase corruption. Without mods to remove the arbitrary public opinions bonuses, however, doing so is pretty much useless on hard or above.

But yeah, Exalted Heroes suck pretty much always.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 04, 2017, 09:24:01 pm »

Sweet fuck Kholek.

So, uh, just tried to start an army with Kholek Suneater, only for it to get ganked by Beastmen, a full damn stack, via Ambush.

And he lost, and lost again.

Only, uhh... 750 dead the first time, 300 dead the second.

Bloody hell Kholek, you lost, but you fucking ripped them apart just by yourself. Seriously, it was just him that did that.

I want this guy backing me up now. Bloody hell.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: July 05, 2017, 01:08:29 am »

Have they fixed Chaos replacement? Chaos corruption did nothing a few months ago because you needed to be in a friendly territory to get reinforcement bonuses from it. Practically meaning it only works in the areas controlled by friendly tribes and is otherwise completely useless.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: July 05, 2017, 04:18:31 am »

3. Mod them out.

Can't I just mod the trait itself to be a local effect?

Because something like this should be a local effect in the first place.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: July 05, 2017, 05:06:26 am »

There was a mod like that but sadly it's not updated so it doesn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 277