Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491569 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2355 on: July 05, 2017, 05:42:53 am »

Have they fixed Chaos replacement? Chaos corruption did nothing a few months ago because you needed to be in a friendly territory to get reinforcement bonuses from it. Practically meaning it only works in the areas controlled by friendly tribes and is otherwise completely useless.
Encampment (I forget the actual name) stance causes replenishment. Awakened tribes just make it go faster.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: July 05, 2017, 09:21:42 am »

Encampment (I forget the actual name) stance causes replenishment. Awakened tribes just make it go faster.

Yeah, but the tooltip for corruption claims it increases replenishment. This is false, as it only applies when encamped within friendly territory. If you are in an enemy territory with 100% corruption, your repleshnishment is the basic rate while encamped.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: July 05, 2017, 11:26:27 am »

You know, thinking about the extra faction bits from the preorder, with the Vortex of Magic being a primary thing for TW2, could the new units be Daemons?

It'd flesh out the Chaos roster quite a lot.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: July 05, 2017, 11:41:16 am »

You know, thinking about the extra faction bits from the preorder, with the Vortex of Magic being a primary thing for TW2, could the new units be Daemons?

CA already said that the pre-order bonus will be a faction for the first game that is already in the Old World map. They also said it is not Kislev, nor is it a subfaction of one of the current ones. So either one of the Southern Realms or Norsca.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: July 05, 2017, 11:42:46 am »

CA already said that the pre-order bonus will be a faction for the first game that is already in the Old World map. They also said it is not Kislev, nor is it a subfaction of one of the current ones. So either one of the Southern Realms or Norsca.
Norscan roster's a subset of Chaos anyways, y'know?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 05, 2017, 11:45:59 am »

Yes, but it is certainly not Daemons or for the second game, which is what I wanted to clear up.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: July 05, 2017, 11:48:51 am »

Yes, but it is certainly not Daemons or for the second game, which is what I wanted to clear up.
As the two games are merging, technically a change to the first is a change to the second [/nitpick]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: July 05, 2017, 01:29:35 pm »

CA just announced they'll be doing a series focused on smaller events kinda like Fall of the Samurai and Napoleon: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

Other than that, they haven't talked about what periods they want to do so not much news.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 05, 2017, 06:56:54 pm »

CA just announced they'll be doing a series focused on smaller events kinda like Fall of the Samurai and Napoleon: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

Other than that, they haven't talked about what periods they want to do so not much news.
There is a very blurry map on that page. People were very fast when it came to matching it to a location.

(Click on the image to expand it)

Apparently, that's the coast near Dublin.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: July 05, 2017, 07:23:30 pm »

I think they're seriously overreaching themselves.

Like, what's their plan here? I can "kinda" see annual releases but currently we have Warhammer 2 coming out later this year... the as yet unannounced historical Total War coming out sometime next year, and Warhammer 3 coming out that year as well. So now we also have this minor series also coming out... most likely also next year.

It's way too much.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 05, 2017, 07:34:09 pm »

I think they are sinking.

I still think the Total War: Warhammer... was meant to sell way more than it did, and likely the licensing fees and conditions might have... hurt them.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: July 05, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »

I still think the Total War: Warhammer... was meant to sell way more than it did, and likely the licensing fees and conditions might have... hurt them.
It's literally the best selling Total War ever.

If that's a failure condition, I'll be astonished.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: July 05, 2017, 07:39:52 pm »

Yeah they literally said in their press release that they 'Hadn't been ambitious enough'
TW:W1 has basically bankrolled them for a while.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 05, 2017, 07:43:14 pm »

I think what happened is that they tapped into the surprisingly large group of people who remember Warhammer Fantasy, and want more, but are denied by Age of Sigmar existing.

Scratched an itch, as it were.

Plus I can destroy entire species for mildly annoying me.

That's always a plus in a game.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 05, 2017, 07:49:07 pm »

It's literally the best selling Total War ever.

If that's a failure condition, I'll be astonished.

Remember Tomb Raider, which sold over a million games... Was considered a commercial failure.

This is their best selling Total War by a small margin, I fully suspect they expected a lot more sales, like actually hitting that million mark.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 277