Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491600 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2820 on: October 05, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

WOAH WOAH WOAH.
Morahi's capital has her anti-corruption landmark.
Mods are unnecessary cheapening.
The problem is not Morathi corrupting. It's when you confederate with her as Malekith. She keeps spreading corruption despite the fact that Malekith's boys don't have resistance to it. The mod only works for Malekith.
It's 5 chaos. Bad, but not instantly attrition -causing.
And when you confederate you get the landmark so no public order penalties.
Practically the entire upper half of Lustria is 100% Chaos in my game. If I confederated with Morathi I wouldn't be able to move anywhere.

So yeah, I would totally use that mod.

Besides, it's a mod. Nothing is forcing you to use it if you disagree with it. The fact that it exists means someone else thinks it's an issue. The fact that it's one of the top mods means a lot of people think it's an issue. In fact, it's even considered a bug on the official forums and the subreddit.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: October 05, 2017, 12:51:53 pm »

Yes, but if I win a game without using that mod I don't want to be seen as equal to those who do.
Pride is at stake! Pride and 'chievs!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 05, 2017, 12:54:40 pm »

Yes, but if I win a game without using that mod I don't want to be seen as equal to those who do.
Pride is at stake! Pride and 'chievs!
Don't worry. You aren't.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: October 05, 2017, 05:54:34 pm »

I like the new events.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: October 05, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »

I really like how talkative everyone is in this game. I was particularly amused when my Dread Lord started talking like a pirate when I embarked her. Like, just ambiently. I didn't even ask her to do anything. It's nice and adds a lot of character to the game.

Or when you highlight a hero character next to Malekith, he goes on about how evil they are.

Or when you're invading Ulthuan, all your agents and generals are just constantly flaming the Asur.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: October 06, 2017, 12:24:11 am »

That is a nice detail. You can hear the Skaven lords saying things like "Death-death to Lizard-things" when in Lizardmen territory. Some others I like are when one says "Ahoy-hoy" or "Argh, big puddle unnatural" when sailing around. You can also hear Queek commenting on the Loyalty of lords when your looking at their stat pages, "Nnn, patchy fur. Not trust yet-yet".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: October 06, 2017, 05:31:45 am »

Well that's fucking annoying, not only do Blessed Temple Guard count as Saurus for perks, getting only +6 Armor in a trade for +8 Melee Defense perk-wise, they don't get the tech-buffs of either.

At least they have a 28 charge bonus.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: October 06, 2017, 05:39:29 am »

If you zoom in to Skaven during battle, you can hear them reference Vermintide. ("Killed dwarf-thing in Ubersreik!")

Malekith also very, very rarely says how he hates snow. I was expecting a follow up about how it's cold and gets everywhere for the full SW prequel meme, but alas.

Well that's fucking annoying, not only do Blessed Temple Guard count as Saurus for perks, getting only +6 Armor in a trade for +8 Melee Defense perk-wise, they don't get the tech-buffs of either.

At least they have a 28 charge bonus.
I suspect it's a bug.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: October 06, 2017, 07:05:53 am »

The armies also comment on tactical advantages they have in comparison with the enemy, like having more magical users or more flying units.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: October 06, 2017, 08:40:28 am »

Got to say, I'm liking this game a lot better than the first one. The faster (though still slow) load times make a big difference, and I get fewer CtDs. Plus, the game mechanics are better. Strategy is only slightly less shallow but since I'm roving across the entirety of the Americas I have found myself needing a second army for strategic purposes. Even found myself getting attached to the random lord I had in charge of beating off and raiding the pleasure cult, at least until a chaos invasion resulted in his death.
Also found that battles aren't quite so often a foregone conclusion that I just autocalc, largely because of the greater prominence of scripted fights.

However, I'm not yet good at the game. I don't even really know how to use heroes or diplomacy. Maybe it's UI but I just can't find a lot of useful options for them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: October 06, 2017, 09:53:33 am »

Even found myself getting attached to the random lord I had in charge of beating off the pleasure cult.
Just one guy? No wonder he died.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: October 07, 2017, 11:02:19 pm »

Finally finished all of Malekith's quest battles and boy they are good. I almost lost the Spellshield one because I made the mistake to mount Malekith and not check out the enemy composition pre-battle. Had to run a sorceress into a unit of Saurus to save him. Iron Circlet is pretty simple, but it's an early-game battle. Destroyer I did last because I overestimated Dragon Princes. Fortunately, Darkshards are too strong and the AI blobbed like hell, so them + Bladewind secured my victory.

Battle teleports also only cost 500 now.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: October 08, 2017, 02:17:10 am »

Holy fuckshit have you guys seen what Itza give your forces.

+30 Leadership versus Chaos, Norscans, Skaven, and Beastmen, +10 Leadership all else, FACTIONWIDE, +10 HE/Lizardmen relations, +5 Untainted All Characters.

And another building of "Just" +100 Plants for trade, +10 Growth and +5% Replenishment, FACTIONWIDE.

And it's a Faction Capital tier settlement like Lothern and Hexoatl and Naggarond.

That was worth 150k gold.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: October 08, 2017, 04:58:19 am »

So does the second-last ritual automatically make you go at war with other main factions? Playing loremasters, I suddenly found myself at war with lizzies despite having been their military ally for a long while. There was no message of war declaration either and they didn't send intervention force... Very annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 277