Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491581 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2835 on: October 08, 2017, 05:46:41 am »

So. I'm finding it incredibly annoying that the AI seems to love sidestepping alliances by "being invited" into war by complete strangers.
Seems like a shitty exploit that only I should be able to do.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 08, 2017, 08:20:22 am »

So. I'm finding it incredibly annoying that the AI seems to love sidestepping alliances by "being invited" into war by complete strangers.
This actually reminds me of something that happened yesterday. Surtha Knutson of the Alghol initiates diplomacy... to ask me if they can give me 500 and join one of my current wars. Because Khorne told him to, according to his little dialogue. Beyond my comprehension indeed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 08, 2017, 10:48:15 am »

I've been having fun with Skaven Assassins. With all their speed skills, Banner of Swiftness, Slippery skill buff and Skitterleap you end up with an assassin with a speed of 94 for about 22 seconds. 94! That's faster then most cavalry. Thinking if I could get a potion of quickness it would get even higher. Nothing will be safe, though I do wish Skaven assassins had throwing stars, and that the Warlock Engineer had a pistol.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: October 08, 2017, 12:07:00 pm »

Assassins can skitterleap?
I thought that was an engineer thing.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: October 08, 2017, 02:08:06 pm »

Playing as Krok Gar and I have some serious undead infestation in my capital province. No neighboring vampire provinces but the osmosis is at 29. Just had to change plans and attack the vampires in the north to see if I can get that number down.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 08, 2017, 02:33:06 pm »

Playing as Krok Gar and I have some serious undead infestation in my capital province. No neighboring vampire provinces but the osmosis is at 29. Just had to change plans and attack the vampires in the north to see if I can get that number down.
I'm surprised that Lizard + Vampire diplomacy didn't win the day there. Both sides are well known to be extremely eloquent speakers. Surely they could have come to a better compromise.

If I were a more cynical person I'd say that's some sort of fabricated excuse by the lizardman military industrial complex to illegally steal land from their neighbours. For shame. Tsk tsk.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 08, 2017, 04:21:47 pm »

I'm surprised that Lizard + Vampire diplomacy didn't win the day there. Both sides are well known to be extremely eloquent speakers. Surely they could have come to a better compromise.

If I were a more cynical person I'd say that's some sort of fabricated excuse by the lizardman military industrial complex to illegally steal land from their neighbours. For shame. Tsk tsk.

I wasnt interested in expanding north that moment, with Queek attacking me from the other side, but I found out it was the black pyramid of Nagash that was raising vampiric corruption across many provinces.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 08, 2017, 06:20:18 pm »

I found this hilarious, though that was mostly because it was used against me. Teclis had a defensive alliance with the majority of southern Lustria... and then he made the mistake of upgrading to a full-fledged military alliance with Xuanhupec. Who were total assholes, and immediately decided to break a non-aggression pact with me (which I paid 8000 gold for not 3 turns earlier, the jerks), dragging Teclis into war with me while leaving all his other 'allies' out of it. I get to claim all the ritual sites Teclis beelined, and I don't have to suppress the other half of the continent!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »

Assassins can skitterleap?
I thought that was an engineer thing.

It is. I cast Skitterleap from one of my engineers onto the assassin. You can cast it on any unit, different from the tabletop where it was only infantry characters. Stalk and +25% speed Rat-Ogres?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 09, 2017, 05:29:46 am »

TFW you're Krok Gar and you've methodically driven back the skaven down the east coast of the continent. They're in the middle of their first rite and are down to their last settlement. You lay siege and it's not looking great for you so you decide, what the hell I've got time to retreat and reinforce up. But you accidentaly click autoresolve and wipe your strongest army :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 10, 2017, 12:30:33 am »

Oh my fucking god...

Be me. Dark Elves. No opposition remaining. Just have to press the button for the final ritual. Should be a piece of cake, have 3 armies defending all the ritual sites and a max upgraded Black Ark for cover fire.

Pressed the button.

Not a single Chaos army spawns. Not a single Beastman army spawns. Not a single Norscan army spawns.

Fucking. EIGHT. Full. Stacks. of Skaven spawn next to my capital.

Every single one of them attacks capital immediately.

Currently running the 150% large unit counts mod, so I'm facing 12000 rats... With barely 2000 defenders. Autoresolve results say "lol ur fuxked".

Fucking everything at my doorstep. 5 Doomwheels. 3 Abominations. All eight max level lords in their bells, mounts, whatever. Also coming along for the ride are 6 engineers / mages / assassins. Oh, and 12000 rats.

3 minutes in. Killed 3000 rats. It's not ending...

6 minutes in. My fucking front line is basically gone. Killed 6000 rats. They're coming from every single side. I have rats on every single wall. Every single door has been breached.

8 minutes in. I've resorted to using the artillery crew to help block the door breaches. Stopped counting kills, it never ends. Black Dragon has died to being swarmed by Clanspears.

HALP.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 10, 2017, 01:45:36 am »

Die hard, good sir, die hard.

And let the rest of your stacks push in and slaughter the remnants.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 10, 2017, 02:12:41 am »

Apparently I only lost to 4 stacks instead of 8. Since You can only have 4 stacks per side in a battle.

So there are still around 20k rats running around a now razed Naggaroth.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 10, 2017, 02:30:54 am »

Apparently I only lost to 4 stacks instead of 8. Since You can only have 4 stacks per side in a battle.

So there are still around 20k rats running around a now razed Naggaroth.
See if you can pluck any hordes off. They may split up. Especially try and pay attention to the reinforcement arrows, so you can go for, oh, 2v3 fights in your favor.

It worked for me in MP in 1 when I went 4v4 with Chaos when they dropped seven stacks on my head as Brettonia and my friend was the Empire.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 10, 2017, 02:51:44 am »

My eight fucking skaven armies (as they will now be known) spawned outside the chaos outpost in the north- that one where you can't build real walls. Had malekith in there with a top-level army.
It got attacked, two at a time, four times in a row over two turns.

Not completely fucked, but I had to play every single battle on the same map over and over again for a whole session.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 277