Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491483 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2850 on: October 10, 2017, 08:17:28 am »

I had the same thing happen to me on my final ritual, but I saw them spawn next to my capital on an earlier ritual, so I was ready. Just had 3 20 stacks roll through and murder all 8 skaven armies before they got a move.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: October 10, 2017, 11:27:10 am »

Lucky you. Mine seem to always spawn in one of three places depending on where the least amount of armies are.
Had Tyrion parked outside of a Pheonix gate, but oops he got ambushed enjoy your 3v1 skaven fight. A hard lesson to be learning in legendary.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: October 10, 2017, 12:39:02 pm »

Man, Denuvo really doesn't mean anything now.

What is it now? Hours? Days?

Hopefully they stop putting this garbage into games now... Especially since it costs the big boys hundreds of thousands to implement.

--------

Does everyone get skaven too in the last ritual or was it just RNG?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: October 10, 2017, 02:24:33 pm »

Man, Denuvo really doesn't mean anything now.

What is it now? Hours? Days?

Hopefully they stop putting this garbage into games now... Especially since it costs the big boys hundreds of thousands to implement.

--------

Does everyone get skaven too in the last ritual or was it just RNG?
I think it's to reflect

Spoiler: "The Twist" (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: October 10, 2017, 02:49:41 pm »

Yeah definitely plot rats.

I know the Elveses story in the end times and how that went but no idea what the lizzos or Skaven did and whether the vortex was involved.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: October 10, 2017, 04:44:33 pm »

...I just had the stupidest AI battle ever.

Just... gah. I think I'm gonna upload it and link it here, because gah.

I would've lost if they hadn't been retarded.

Highlights include: Chosen That Can't Run, Hellcannons Shooting Invisible Walls, The Most Indecisive Chaos Lord, and Bouncy The Spawn.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: October 11, 2017, 12:57:25 am »

That final wave of rats was nasty. When it hit me, I had all my ritual sites garrisoned... and I mistakenly moved Mazdi down towards Hexoatl. I thought he was probably out of range of the Skaven, plus even if they were in range for one attack, I could just retreat, right? Cue 3 armies marching next to me... and the fourth charging in and triggering an ambush, so I couldn't flee. Ended up in a 4v1 battle against an unending tide of rats, in an open field, starting in ambush formation (which is to say, no formation at all).

The resulting battle was, hands-down, the most intense battle I've fought in a Total War game. That's including the undermanned defense of Altdorf that ended with me cycle-charging crossbows and a mortar crew to take out an Orc Warboss in melee, with the capture point barely stable at 19 points remaining. That's including the time I got beaten by a Chaos army, they chased me down to finish me off, and Helman Ghorst pulled off the reversal to save himself and send the Chaos remnants packing. Highlights included Mazdamundi soloing a Hellpit Abom in melee, my Cold One Riders smacking 6 units off the field with a mere sliver of health, my four Temple Guard all hitting regen cap thanks to Revivification Crystal charges, and the moshpit that just would. not. end as their melee hordes fought my dinosaurs in the woods and still managed to not overwhelm me. I ended up losing my underleveled Scar Veteran to an early enrage, but otherwise managed to get out with no permanent losses... and wiped the three Skaven units in march stance at the same time.

By contrast, the final battle was a bit of a letdown, but luckily I had my real final battle a few turns earlier at the hands of the Unknown Skaven Clan.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: October 11, 2017, 04:45:37 am »

I do like how eager the A.I. is now to recolonise ruins. In one of my games I was fighting back against the Vampire Counts in the Southlands, razing their settlements and Sudenberg and the Bretonnian factions were swooping in behind me reclaiming the territory. Deal with one problem and you inadvertently create another.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: October 11, 2017, 01:53:08 pm »

I just had another really fun series of battles.

So I was marching one of my stacks up from Lustria back to Naggarond to support against the end times invasion of rats when they were cut off by a low tier High Elf intervention force. It was a fairly simple fight in a particularly interesting map since we were fighting on an ice river with two forested hills on each side. After routing the elves with only 200 or so losses, immediately we were set on by a rogue skaven force.

Now this was fun, because it was an ambush battle. And this ambush battle took place on the exact same map. So it was like... my Dark Elf army was just finished packing up after killing the high elves when suddenly a mob of rats jumped them. That was just fun as fuck. Giant horde of rats sprinting at me from both sides of the ice river, like they were just waiting for the High Elves and Dark Elves to tire each other out. My army forced into a defensive line on the ice, while harpies bought time for the artillery to set up on the hills. Fecking good times.

I think I can safely say I've had more fun battles this entire campaign than any other campaign in any other Total War game. It beat even Attila in fun battles.

---------

Edit: incidentally, CA said the tentative release date for mortal empires is the 28th.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: October 11, 2017, 07:32:19 pm »

So I just had my legendary Tyrion game handed to me by the fact that Tor Elasor and Fortress of Dusk singlehandedly wiped out Lustria, whilst all of my final ritual Skaven doomstacks spawned in freaking Araby.
Araby.
Took them about eight turns to even make it to my shores. No idea what the heck happened there.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: October 11, 2017, 09:14:41 pm »

Edit: incidentally, CA said the tentative release date for mortal empires is the 28th.

There's an image of part of the combined map to go along with the blog post they uploaded explaining some things about the campaign.

The areas shown seem mostly the same. The old world doesn't seem any different with provinces, though of course Skavenblight is present. Ulthuan is pretty much the same thoguh some of the settlements on the eastern islands are not present as well as possibly the Glittering Tower south of Lothern.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: October 11, 2017, 09:19:00 pm »

There's an image of part of the combined map
I'd like everyone to take a very good look at Lothern in that map.

Grudging intensifies.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: October 11, 2017, 09:52:55 pm »

There's an image of part of the combined map
I'd like everyone to take a very good look at Lothern in that map.

Grudging intensifies.
Athel Loren has also been Bretonniad while Bretonnia has been Lotherned. The Empire got Dorfed.

The player is Bretonnia in that picture too and they have a military alliance with Lothern, that ate all their lands.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: October 12, 2017, 02:19:37 am »

Okay, stupid AI shit FINALLY uploaded, grumble grumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwNmvwVgMFU

Does anyone know why the fuck this'd happen?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: October 12, 2017, 04:11:31 am »

Re: picture.
That doesn't leave a lot of room for the entire empire to squeeze in north of Lothern.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 277