I am religious and do not believe in free will
- 10 (3.9%)
I am not religious and believe in free will
- 113 (44.5%)
I am not religious and do not believe in free will
- 61 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 521

Author Topic: Railgun and Spirituality Discussion  (Read 582379 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Religion and Spirituality Discussion: Yet Another Thread
« Reply #675 on: February 06, 2015, 10:53:12 pm »

And those judged last will have the unfair advantage of having been around while god was visibly doing something and therefore automatically having faith as a direct result.

If by 'last' you mean '500th and onward', possibly.

Also, there's a difference between knowing something to be real and having 'faith' in it.
If I saw God, I would believe in It, but I wouldn't have 'faith'. My first thought would be that It was misrepresented in whatever texts there were about it. If it was represented correctly, then I would be absolutely terrified of It.

You can't know something to be real and not believe it to be real. If you don't believe its real than you're not sure and therefore you just think it may be real, not know it's real.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 06, 2015, 10:57:35 pm »

And those judged last will have the unfair advantage of having been around while god was visibly doing something and therefore automatically having faith as a direct result.

If by 'last' you mean '500th and onward', possibly.

Also, there's a difference between knowing something to be real and having 'faith' in it.
If I saw God, I would believe in It, but I wouldn't have 'faith'. My first thought would be that It was misrepresented in whatever texts there were about it. If it was represented correctly, then I would be absolutely terrified of It.

You can't know something to be real and not believe it to be real. If you don't believe its real than you're not sure and therefore you just think it may be real, not know it's real.

You... You have completely misunderstood what I was saying. There's a difference between faith and belief, especially in a religious context, please understand that.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 06, 2015, 11:01:40 pm »

There's no reason God, being omnipotent, couldn't just judge everyone in a separate room at the same time.  I'm picturing each person suddenly finding themself in a comfortable office, with a pristine bookcase and a giant mahogany desk.  Behind the desk is a expensive, burning, chair.  God passes judgement through the chair (hopefully explaining some of the mysteries of life and religion) before teleporting the deceased to their final destination.

No reason God couldn't handle all those conversations at once...  He supposedly listens to probably thousands of prayers at any given moment.

Quoted for truth.  The Christian God is literally scarier than Cthulhu.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:09 pm »

Better term than faith: Trust?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 06, 2015, 11:16:10 pm »

I think that we all end up being judged by God at the same time, yet individually. Why couldnt He talk to everyone at the same time? Saying that he cant is limiting him.

But, heck, what do I know? Its not like the Bible is explicit about it....
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 06, 2015, 11:18:06 pm »

If nothing else, relativistic time differences could be used to lower waiting times  :P.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 06, 2015, 11:19:07 pm »

Or time might not exist outside our universe.......

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:06 pm »

I believe we were talking about Islamic stuff? Though I think I remember hearing that there were a lot of similarities between the Islamic faith and the Christian one.
The circle is complete.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 06, 2015, 11:23:02 pm »

I believe we were talking about Islamic stuff? Though I think I remember hearing that there were a lot of similarities between the Islamic faith and the Christian one.
Well considering that Islam is just another add on to the Abrahamic religious stuff there rightfully are a lot of similarities
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 06, 2015, 11:26:22 pm »

There's no reason God, being omnipotent, couldn't just judge everyone in a separate room at the same time.  I'm picturing each person suddenly finding themself in a comfortable office, with a pristine bookcase and a giant mahogany desk.  Behind the desk is a expensive, burning, chair.  God passes judgement through the chair (hopefully explaining some of the mysteries of life and religion) before teleporting the deceased to their final destination.

No reason God couldn't handle all those conversations at once...  He supposedly listens to probably thousands of prayers at any given moment.

Quoted for truth.  The Christian God is literally scarier than Cthulhu.
If we go for a literal description, you can't really see God, because he's a Word :P

Are you terrified of words?
._.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 06, 2015, 11:26:36 pm »

Hahahaha!

No.

The beliefs that make up Christianity(Namely the Divinity of Jesus, the Trinitarian model, the physical ressurection of Jesus) just arent there in Islam. So, yeah...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 06, 2015, 11:27:32 pm »

I said that there were a lot of similarities, not that there weren't a lot of differences.

My lord, everyone seems to be misinterpreting my words today.
The circle is complete.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 06, 2015, 11:28:20 pm »

I said that there were a lot of similarities, not that there weren't a lot of differences.

My lord, everyone seems to be misinterpreting my words today.
Sorry, I just dont see that many similarities, thats all.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 06, 2015, 11:37:11 pm »

So an epilepsy patient gets his callosum fully severed. The do the normal tests and begin to notice one side thinks differently to the other. Thats fine, but what if one has evil thoughts, and the other is a kind loving thinker.

Does this body suddenly have two souls? And both are judged differently or are they judged as a whole?
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 06, 2015, 11:53:13 pm »

I would think that would be a spiritual problem that can be fixed. But if he died, he would probably be judged based on his previous life, not the duel personality one.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 521