Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 65967 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #465 on: March 22, 2015, 10:18:39 pm »

"As you wish. I feel as though we should discuss finances first however. We have been granted 500 golden denarii to hold us over until the next tax period, which is something we'll have to go over, as well as the plunder you obtained while retaking the castle. If you desire more funds I could find a buyer for those items now."

In the meantime, Barcus and Luca unpack their wagons and show their current inventory whenever the party is ready to take a gander.

Barcus's Smithy
Scimitar460gp
Iron Rapier260gp
Iron Blade270gp
Steel Lance430gp
Iron Javelin240gp
Iron Pike310gp
Iron Club300gp
Hatchet   190gp
Training Bow180gp
Bowgun280gp
Lockpick100gp

Luca's Arcana
Fire210gp
Wind180gp
Storm390gp
Lightning200gp
Banish180gp
Light Screen200gp
Worm230gp
Sin430gp
Black Axe260gp
Heal310gp
Soothe330gp
Slow370gp
Hermes' Whistle220gp
Guiding Ring400gp

Party Gold: 500
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 22, 2015, 10:23:39 pm »

Having gotten bored, Kristii had laid on top of the wall for a while, before yawning and peeking over the edge. Well, looks like he wasn't looking but his tomes were gone... still, she'd seen Mordecai stop into the castle...

Shrugging, Kristii swung over the lip of the wall and climbed down, making her way into the castle and seeking out Mordecai's tomes. Maybe she'd be able to feel something with one of them. Or something. She didn't know, but why not?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 22, 2015, 10:42:17 pm »

Vara looked over the items, lingering on the rapier but eventually sighed and shook her head. Deciding that maybe some alone time would actually be not bad right now, she decided to head out down to the village to explore and see if she could get away from some of the memories that were haunting her.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 22, 2015, 11:05:11 pm »

It didn't take long for Kristii to stumble upon Mord's makeshift library stack of books and the table where he kept a few tomes for reference before training the confused vampire girl.

Vara made her way down the hill and across the gentle river that winded along with the mountains that reached outwards from Thronepeak to the village whose name was inspired by that venerable mountain. While it was different than the villages she remembered back home, not possessing a church and farmland apparently being at a premium, the villagers struggling against the encroachment of the forest and its wildlife, the common people of Molvonia weren't that different in their day to day lives.

The crippled man from before was directing his sons and daughters towards clearing a trunk from what may soon become a new plot. A maiden was arguing with an older woman who looked related about wanting to start a family with a man the matron disapproved of. Many people didn't seem to have homes of their own, and instead lived together in communal huts with extended families just trying to get by. They seemed to have weathered some hard times from the look of their homes, and many grazing fields had few, if any, herd animals within their boundaries. Further to the east and north were the forests that defined northern Ibres. In Letia most of these were aggressively removed by the Church to make way for farmland necessary to feed its burgeoning populace.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 22, 2015, 11:43:32 pm »

"I would very much appreciate it if you could sell them now, we should try to give everyone a second weapon and we don't have the funds for that currently."

Charles looked over the displayed items, drawn to the pike. He didn't know how much money they'd have having selling the loot, but he decided to buy it anyway. Baron priority or something like that. He noticed Vara sigh while he was browsing and, out of curiosity, followed her. Catching up to her along the way to the village.

Buy Pike.

"It's strange, I almost feel more at home down here than I do up at the keep," Charles said suddenly as observed the villagers, talking more to himself than Vara. "It's difficult to get used to your first name ceasing to exist too, first it was Lord Heston and now it's Baron Heston, who knows what it'll be in the future." Charles caught himself and chuckled.

"I'm sure you don't care about my troubles though. Sorry about rambling about them."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 22, 2015, 11:49:33 pm »

"No, no. It's fine. It's... it's nice to get out of my own head sometimes. I was just thinking about how different and yet similar this place is from... from my home. It's funny how you can travel far and yet still see someone arguing over wanting to get married. But I know what you mean. It's easy to feel at home here, even if realistically I know that I could never stay here. Not for any long period of time at least. Though, I'm sure it's different for you."

She paused and then grinned slightly.

"I somehow doubt that you'd be able to completely get rid of your first name. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Kristii will continue to call you that wherever and whenever she wants."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 22, 2015, 11:56:34 pm »

Acacia was engrossed in searching through the weapons the merchant had on display and missed Vara and Charles leaving. When she finally looked up she realized that they had gone, and so made a mental note to ask Charles about funds later for buying equipment. Until then she decided to go see if she could find any of Charle's other retainers and settle herself in.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 23, 2015, 12:03:56 am »

Mordecai examined the goods on sale, ignoring the smith's wares as he had no interest in them. In Luca's stock, however...

: "Hmm? This ring...!" There was something special about it, alright. He hoped that there would be sufficient funds to allow its purchase.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 23, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

More out of a lack of anything else to do, she wandered over to the new merchants. Hmm. To directly talk to Luca might scare her a bit... best ease her into it by talking to her brother first. A few clicks of her tongue revealed the merchandise.

"You sound like a big guy." She hefted one of the bow guns before she put it down. "Wouldn't mind one of those, but I prefer not to get too close to people trying to kill me."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:03 pm »

"Dunno how you'd use it well, but that bowgun has got a range equal to most tome magic. Doesn't pack too much of a punch but it's lighter than most crossbows and damn accurate. Shame if you were looking for longbow distance though. Just sold off a Mountain Bow about a fortnight back."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:23 pm »

"Really? That's unfortunate. Longbows are my weapon of choice. I may be blind, but I have a talent for archery."
She turned her face towards Luca and smiled gently.
"I apologise, but I didn't catch your name, miss. Might I have the honour?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 23, 2015, 07:13:01 pm »

Noticing that everyone had wandered over to check out the things for sale, Lilie followed, leaving Teagan behind.

"Mm... There isn't really anything here that I'd like to-Huh? Are those lockpicks?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 23, 2015, 07:52:04 pm »

Acacia had accidentally went in a circle, bringing her back to the merchant cart, which was now quite bustling.

"When did everyone get here?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:37 pm »

After her conversation with Luca was done, Tirena heard the clattering of the new knight arriving... along with the scent of roses, for some reason. Not unpleasant, it must be said.

"Hello, Miss Roses. I didn't catch your name, either."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 23, 2015, 08:02:55 pm »

Drawing away from the lockpicks, Lilie wanders over to Acacia and Tirena.

"Do you know this lady, Ms. Tirena?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67