Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Solgeid Thread - Turn 31  (Read 33893 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Solgeid Thread - Turn 7
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2015, 12:19:16 am »

Turn 7, Part 1
Gilbert loses 2 VP to bleeding. He is now bleeding 1 VP/turn.

Alphonse moves 2m southeast, 2m east.

Some lighter spots in the dust suggest there used to be more things in this room that were moved. Regardless, a few desks remain, and an empty lockbox. The corpse lying in the corner is likely fresher.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2015, 12:20:05 am »

What's on the corpse?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:05 am »

A Poor Dagger (88/100), Tunic, Pants, Lockpicks (5 uses), Incense, and a ha'penny.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2015, 12:22:45 am »

More stabbity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2015, 12:23:47 am »

I call dibs on the corpse's stuff and use my Investigation skill to search the room.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:26:31 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2015, 12:33:10 am »

Are you searching it for something? Because otherwise that'd be Visual Acuity. And normally you would have already taken your turn, but you only took a half action, so I'd allow you to tack on a full action. This time.

Turn 7, Part 2
Hordor takes a stab at the Undead Skirmisher. (AD:8;ED:6;10,3) He hits it in the torso for 3 damage. As the pitchfork sinks into the Undead's flesh, it abruptly goes still. As he withdraws it, it collapses on the floor, finally dead.

The party gains 2 XP. Turns are now free.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:39:08 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2015, 12:35:26 am »

Hordor stabs it several more times to make sure it's dead.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2015, 12:37:48 am »

Are you searching it for something? Because otherwise that'd be Visual Acuity. And normally you would have already taken your turn, but you only took a half action, so I'd allow you to tack on a full action. This time.
They both mention checking rooms for stuff as stuff to do so I was kinda confused. I'll do that then. Will I have to spend 2 different turns to search those desks?

EDIT: EXP TNL doesn't calculate for how much experience someone already has.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:39:26 am by Andres »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:35 am »

They both mention checking rooms for stuff as stuff to do so I was kinda confused. I'll do that then. Will I have to spend 2 different turns to search those desks?

Why would it calculate for that?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2015, 12:44:16 am »

Oh, if you want to search the desks that would be Investigation, yes. But Investigation is long-term, so it would take 2 turns to do.

Because you don't spend EXP, and it's only used for getting to the next level, EXP is reset to zero every time you advance a level. Section 6.2:

The character’s XP is then reset to zero, and they receive a new XPTNL equal to 9 plus the square of the character’s level.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2015, 12:46:59 am »

Why would it calculate for that?
"Experience To Next Level" counts how much XP you have until you reach the next level, doesn't it?

Oh, if you want to search the desks that would be Investigation, yes. But Investigation is long-term, so it would take 2 turns to do.
Investigation it is.

Because you don't spend EXP, and it's only used for getting to the next level, EXP is reset to zero every time you advance a level. Section 6.2:

The character’s XP is then reset to zero, and they receive a new XPTNL equal to 9 plus the square of the character’s level.
Indeed, I'm fully aware of that. I guess both ways of recording XPTNL are valid.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2015, 12:48:39 am »

I don't see how how much XP you've gained in total is relevant to how much experience you need for the next level, so I'm a bit confused as to what the issue is. If you understand the way the book does it, why did you bring it up?

e: kj1225, could you please subtract the damage you dealt during that fight from your weapon's HP? Also, please fix your raw attack dice.

e2: kj1225, don't forget to add the 2 XP you got.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:14:38 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2015, 01:39:34 am »

"Gilbert, over here."

Helena tears the Peasant Dress into bandage strips, then waits for Gilbert to walk over to apply the bandages.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2015, 01:51:21 am »

I don't see how how much XP you've gained in total is relevant to how much experience you need for the next level, so I'm a bit confused as to what the issue is. If you understand the way the book does it, why did you bring it up?
Say you need to pick 20 apples today. In three hours, you've picked 11 apples. How many more apples do you need to pick until you've finished picking apples?

Again, both ways of calculating it are perfectly valid.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2015, 01:52:39 am »

You need to pick 20 and you've picked 11. Are you suggesting that the XP should be subtracted from the TNL rather than being a separate number? I've never even heard of that.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31