Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to Entertain [Turn 1]  (Read 1936 times)

Legitimate Edgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Entertain [Turn 1]
« on: February 25, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »

The bar is packed, adventurers are back from their latest conquests, pockets jingling. You've seen at least 5 rounds be bought for the entire bar, and you can almost smell the gold in the air. Boasts are rampant, a couple of fights have broken out, and it's basically like every other night in the tavern. It's just when everything's started to slow down that you hear the magic words "Let's have a story!" Someone bellows "Ten gold to the best one!" Immediately, five of you rush forward, all jockeying for the cash. You all eye each other. Looks like there's some competition.

You're a storyteller in the local tavern, and you're nearly broke. Rent's due on your room upstairs, and you just need 1 more gold for another week of shelter. This is your last chance. Try and make as much money as possible tonight, and you might avoid ending up on the streets, or dead.

This is a no-holds-barred fantasy money making game. You can do anything in your power to make money, nothing is off limits. Your character sheet follows, you can add 1 point to any ability with a zero, or you can add 2 to your health, current and maximum. Keep in mind you are not a hero, they are bigger, scarier, and more adept at nearly everything.
Quote from: Character Sheet
Name:
Health: 5/5
Thievery: 0
Storytelling: 0
Attack: 0
Inventory:
-4 gold
The game will start immediately once we have 5 players. To join, post your character sheet and a first action.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:58:36 pm by Legitimate Edgar »

Legitimate Edgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Entertain [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:16:26 pm »

Spoiler: The 'Tellers So Far (click to show/hide)

The Status of the Tavern
Night 1:
Occupancy: 11 Adventurers, 4 Bar Staff, Blazing Glory (3/5)
Feeling:
-Rich, money is in the air tonight. (>200 Gold in play)
-Sketchy, not too much chance of a brawl, but it's possible (Brawl Roll)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:36:09 pm by Legitimate Edgar »

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:30:22 pm »

Tell a tale of a far off land full of pretty maidens and plentiful booze. And a dancing pig!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:51:22 pm by Urist Arrhenius »
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Legitimate Edgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Entertain [1/5]
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:10 pm »

Where would you like to use your ability point?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:53 pm »

Name: Xaver
Storytelling: 1
Inventory:
-4 gold

Set up a storytelling area, and begin to tell the epic tale of Arend, founder of the far off kingdom of Ulidin.

"In the lands of the Far North, there lived a great warrior named Arend. He would spend his days adventuring and fighting, and he would spend his nights with women and drink. Although he was never a rich man, nor a particularly powerful man, he was strong and attractive, and all of the men in the village envied him."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Entertain [1/5]
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 11:51:32 pm »

Where would you like to use your ability point?
Fixed.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Entertain [2/5]
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:34:16 am »

Reserved!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 03:37:38 am »

Reserved Actually no, even though I have to go soon I will post my character sheet so I don't miss out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tell a stories I know of the men in the bar. If there's anything a hero likes, it's loot! And themselves.

"You see, Bomrek here, he's been to many an adventure. Once he even journeyed to the Evil lands of Flerousi, to finally put an end to the tyrant who lived there. The name of this tyrant was feared by all the lands within several hundred miles of it. His name was -" He paused for effect "Grouss Versict."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 03:56:12 am »

Name: Marla
Inventory:
-4 gold
Start telling a story about a hunter, who eventually relents, and tries to save the forest.
"In the great forest of Melosa, there was once a hunter, named Jack Knox. He was known all throughout the surrounding town, and he was famed for his prowess with a bow."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:17 am »

Name: The Traveller
Inventory:
-4 gold

Tell a tall-tale of a legendary boy who faced the dragon, Azanoth the Famed, and won.

"In a far-away village in a far-away land, lived a weak little boy who dreamed to be a man.
One day a worm flew by and belched flames on their farms. The boy stood and held his ground still while others ran from harm.
For the drake took a maiden, and to its cave it flew. The journey there was long and hard but the boy struggled through.
When the boy climbed up the hill and took a peak inside, the maiden was in the dragon's grasp and gave a desp'rate cry.
The boy took a rock and waltzed right in, and to the dragon's face he aimed.
The dragon just laughed and said, 'Don't you know I'm Azanoth the Famed?"
But as the dragon laughed the boy threw his rock, it traveled down the dragon's throat and gave him quite a shock.
The dragon died, the day was won, the maiden finally saved. She married him, right then and there, in the dragon's cave."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 06:12:58 am »

Don't suppose I can take place as a drunken patron listening to the stories?
One day a worm flew by and belched flames on their farms. The boy stood and held his ground still while others ran from harm.

What happened to the worm? Why could it fly and belch flames? That dragon took focus away from the worm!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:32:11 am by blazing glory »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 06:18:44 am »

The worm is the dragon. Worm is another thing medieval people called dragons. Unless you're trolling and I'm just dense.
Dying of laughter?

blazing glory

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 06:34:12 am »

The worm is the dragon. Worm is another thing medieval people called dragons. Unless you're trolling and I'm just dense.

I believe that it's Wyrm.

I want to hear more about the worm though.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 08:36:42 am »

Worm, wurm, wyrm, they're all the same. :p
Dying of laughter?

Legitimate Edgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 11:35:19 pm »

Initiation:
Darek:[5]->[3]
Xaver:[5]->[2]
Svante:[5]->[1]
Marla:[4]
The Traveler:[1]

Don't suppose I can take place as a drunken patron listening to the stories?
You're in.

Tell a stories I know of the men in the bar. If there's anything a hero likes, it's loot! And themselves.
[5+1=6] You begin to tell a story, quickly attracting [4+3=7] 7 patrons to form a small clump around you.  [5+1=6] You're entertaining them extremely well.

Set up a storytelling area, and begin to tell the epic tale of Arend, founder of the far off kingdom of Ulidin.
[2+1=3] You attempt to gain the attention of the bar patrons [1+0=1] However, only one person is paying attention to you. [6+1=7] However, the one you do have is incredibly entertained.

Tell a tale of a far off land full of pretty maidens and plentiful booze. And a dancing pig!
[6+1=7] With an incredibly loud shout, you attract [1+4=5] 5 patrons to you, and tell a [4+1=5] fairly decent story to them.

Start telling a story about a hunter, who eventually relents, and tries to save the forest.
[5+1=6] You steal some barflies from the other storytellers' small circles [5+3=8] eight of them, to be precise. [3+1=4] Let's hope you can keep then entertained with this story, it doesn't feel right.

Tell a tall-tale of a legendary boy who faced the dragon, Azanoth the Famed, and won.
[6+1=7] People abandon the other circles, and soon you have a whopping [6+4=10] 10 people in a circle around you, all listening with bated breath. [6+1=7] As you begin, they gasp at every turn, and the tension in the room mounts with every word. The air feels alive, and if you're being totally honest a bit dangerous. [Brawl Roll: 5] Nothing breaks out, at least for now.

The traveler has 10 patrons clustered around him, Xaver has 2, Scante has 1, Marla has 1, and Darek has 1. The staff have abandoned their positions to listen.
Pages: [1] 2