Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 55303 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. (Dragonball Z on the PC.)
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2015, 10:31:35 am »

read somewhere that they stated there would be exactly 3 DLC and the overall savings of the season pass would amount to 5 dollars...

That is always the wrong way to look at it. Often Season Passes are just ways to get people to buy a large bunch of DLC that they would never EVER do otherwise.

Such as all the DLC for Mordor, which saves you a LOT of money buying every DLC... But where you would never buy any of that DLC. Or rather "Sure you save well over 50% off all the DLC buying the Season Pass, but for 24 dollars you just got DLC you would have paid 5 bucks for."
Wouldn't be it easier to just bundle all these DLC's and sell them as expansion packs?

oh wait
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2015, 10:33:34 am »

Expansion packs generally speaking have more cohesiveness between all the new content.

While Season Passes are usually, not always there are rare worthwhile season passes still, just random bunches of content glued together with no real rhyme of reason.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2015, 10:49:27 am »

Expansion packs generally speaking have more cohesiveness between all the new content.

While Season Passes are usually, not always there are rare worthwhile season passes still, just random bunches of content glued together with no real rhyme of reason.
I've seen expansion packs which were basically a random bunches of content glued together with no real rhyme of reason, too (like expansions for Heroes 4; the campaigns have had practically nothing to do with the monsters they added).

Back then it was considered a bad practice, though...
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2015, 05:29:30 pm »

My sense is the Season Pass isn't worth it either. Knowing what I do about the game, it will be some Time Patrol missions, some PQ missions, some additional characters, the moves that come with them and some gear. Dragonball GT has never really been my favorite saga. Everything fun kinda starts to go out of the series as it tries to become more badass, and the power inflation truly starts to become a parody of itself.

Anyways, it sounds like stuff I can wait for a discount bundle on the DLC. Might be a year, Namco-Bandai might not even go for a discount. Either way, expanding the roster and adding a few more quests to an already grindy game isn't high on my list of priorities.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2015, 07:54:56 pm »

I'll say this for GT, Super Saiyan 4 is a much cooler transformation then the Super Saiyan God. Mostly by sheer virtue of ACTUALLY LOOKING DIFFERENT and not just being Kaioken x1000000000 but its definitely cooler.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »

I appreciate GX for what they were attempting which was a sort of return to Dragon Ball with Dragon Ball Z elements thrown in.

So yeah it was weak but I don't hate it. It failed trying its best rather than giving the bare minimum effort.

Heck I wish it was adopted as canon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2015, 09:21:03 pm »

I've only seen random episodes from when I was a kid.  I remember Vegeta and Raditz, I remember Krillin getting killed off-screen in Dragonball, I remember Vegeta charging up a spirit bomb for about a million years.  I remember Cell, I think I saw quite a bit of Cell as a kid.

I remember Buu meeting Bee and I remember Uub.

That's about it.  My friend in middle school loved it though, never shut the fuck up about it.

Also playing Krillin is indeed awesome in BT3.  The best.  Though I wish you could adjust character and AI difficulty separately.  Difficulty 1 is mostly cannon fodder like Tien and Chiaotzu and the fat samurai, but they're also really stupid at the same time.  I wish you could boost the AI but keep the same characters.  Krillin vs Tien would be an actual decent fight with maxed out AI.  As funny as it is to send Krillin against Ultra Mega Babby Vegetron.

When the priest said "Till death do you part" Android 18 rolled her ey es.

Shoes...

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2015, 08:05:26 pm »

Also playing Krillin is indeed awesome in BT3.  The best.  Though I wish you could adjust character and AI difficulty separately.  Difficulty 1 is mostly cannon fodder like Tien and Chiaotzu and the fat samurai, but they're also really stupid at the same time.  I wish you could boost the AI but keep the same characters.  Krillin vs Tien would be an actual decent fight with maxed out AI.  As funny as it is to send Krillin against Ultra Mega Babby Vegetron.

Difficulty 1 is mostly cannon fodder like Tien and Chiaotzu and the fat samurai

cannon fodder...fat samurai

nigga

have you ever like, legit, sat down and tried your hardest to play as yajirobe? He's weak, no doubt about it. He can't fly (which severely limits mobility), and his attacks are of middling strength (no ki attacks either). The only thing he does have going for him is 4 bars of health, which doesn't last him long. All his supers are of middling quality, and his first buff wild sense doesn't do all that much. But his second buff is what seals it, because his second buff is senzu bean.

It heals all damage instantly (as in with next to no animation) at max blast stock, which is only three for Yajirobe.

Therefore, it is entirely possible for a skilled player to go up against SSJ4 Gogeta and win through sheer force of attrition after tanking three dozen senzu beans

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2015, 11:20:27 pm »

Mine seems different, he's got a single ranged ki special, no wild sense and a buff but I don't know what it does.

You're right though, in the right hands and with a winning spirit he am true super sand legend.  Made it to Perfect Cell in a 2 star tournament, beat Super Saiyan Goten and Demon King Dabura.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:12:13 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:20 am »

What level are you supposed to be to take on the Android saga?

I am playing an Earthling, completed Frieza saga with scores Z, A and A with relative ease at level 20, but then got completely owned by Cell. He would block all my attacks, escape move, counter or evade my throws and beat me to a pulp.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2015, 10:54:10 am »

I am playing an Earthling, completed Frieza saga with scores Z, A and A with relative ease at level 20, but then got completely owned by Cell. He would block all my attacks, escape move, counter or evade my throws and beat me to a pulp.

I think I started the Cell Saga around level 40. But I'm playing a Saiyan so I completely break the rules of tough fights by just Ult Spamming.

What I do know though is that attacks to the back seem a lot harder for him to dodge, block, evade or even absorb. If it's the mission I think it is you should have Gohan there with you, let him get Cell's attention and then lay into his backside with your strongest attacks.

As for the Androids, I've noticed the AI gets a decent uptick in "FU" you capabilities around that time. A single AI isn't bad, but getting double-teamed by two mean AIs sucks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:41:03 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »

You started the Cell saga at 40? With an ult-spamming Super Saiyan? I beat the game at level 45, with an Earthling focusing on basic attacks and Strike specials :l
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2015, 01:07:12 pm »

You started the Cell saga at 40? With an ult-spamming Super Saiyan? I beat the game at level 45, with an Earthling focusing on basic attacks and Strike specials :l

That's what farming for Super Saiyan and Kaioken etc...instead of buying them when the story makes them available will do. I probably ground out 30 levels just on PQs. I've probably played the Cell Games Being mission 20 times at this point.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:16:35 pm by nenjin »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2015, 02:28:57 pm »

Grab the stuff you need to make the "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo now" Z-soul and you're basically set for the rest of the game. That's how I did it with my Namekian at least, and with an Earthling's ki regen you can make even better use of its abilities.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 02:48:43 pm »

Grab the stuff you need to make the "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo now" Z-soul and you're basically set for the rest of the game. That's how I did it with my Namekian at least, and with an Earthling's ki regen you can make even better use of its abilities.

If that's the Z-Soul I'm thinking of, apparently they nerfed the shit out of the regen rate in the last patch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29