Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803172 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #315 on: March 14, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »

pisskop you really might as well just call it Smokey, what with the Z9's and such :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2015, 05:37:42 am »

any option to have a random scenario ??

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2015, 07:06:17 am »

Few questions:

1. What measures the fire protection of clothes? Is it just the "Environmental Protection" stat or do things like turnout coats and other nomex stuff have some special modifier?

2. Do troglobites actually have the ability to dig vast underground lairs now? Can you do the same with digging tools? Or is horizontal digging not in yet (I couldn't find it so I don't know)

Indeed, I do this.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2015, 07:21:15 am »

Few questions:

1. What measures the fire protection of clothes? Is it just the "Environmental Protection" stat or do things like turnout coats and other nomex stuff have some special modifier?

2. Do troglobites actually have the ability to dig vast underground lairs now? Can you do the same with digging tools? Or is horizontal digging not in yet (I couldn't find it so I don't know)

1. It appears to have a seperate fire resistance stat. You can see it in the item browser.

2. You could do horizontal digging with jackhammers for a very long time now. (Though yah, I don't think troglobites get any specific abilities to help with this).
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2015, 07:57:20 am »

Have there been any more updates since 0.C?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2015, 08:12:22 am »

Forgot a question:

3. What's a good way to get mechanics from 3 to 4? Need another level to start reading the Internal Combustion book but removing parts doesn't seem to be leveling it anymore :(

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2015, 08:13:26 am »

Have there been any more updates since 0.C?
Aside from Experimentals?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2015, 08:15:31 am »

Forgot a question:

3. What's a good way to get mechanics from 3 to 4? Need another level to start reading the Internal Combustion book but removing parts doesn't seem to be leveling it anymore :(

Actually soldering items or repairing carparts seems to do fine.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2015, 08:18:30 am »

Forgot a question:

Actually soldering items or repairing carparts seems to do fine.
Yeah, turns out the not leveling only seems to apply to the broken grey parts, just leveled :)

Well that or it works for alternators/engines and such...

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2015, 10:43:38 am »

Updated my experimental, explosives work again, but I'm still missing refugee center NPCs.

Spent a hard night in the basement of my starting shelter waiting for a massive horde to migrate past. I lit a fire down there, and got down to |\ torso health from the smoke. Ran out of food and drink(lucky I found any down there at all), headed to a nearby river to try and at least fill my canteen. Got hungry, so I headed to a nearby apartment building. Killed some zombies in the two northeast apartments, but got an infection on my torso(which was still hurt since I couldn't sleep). Managed to scarf down some cotton balls to heal enough to cauterize, and spent the night in the apartment.

The next day, I started to deal with the rest of the zombies in the building. By the time I cleared the the SW corner, I had infections in my torso and both legs. By the time I finished cauterizing, I had nearly 150 pain. I spent the rest of the day in bed getting drunk.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2015, 02:58:34 pm »

Why are you fighting the zombies in such a way that they can even hit you enough to get an infection (Yes I know they can infect you on the first hit, but if that happens, you are INCREDIBLY unlucky and the game WANTS you to die)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »

I turned wanderers back on, and lowered the spawn rate to 1.5.  Several noise related deaths later (being naked and often an hour from town in a surrounded start makes it more important to smash and grab and get warm than be quiet) I stumbled into a mansion and slowly manage to accumulate gear:  There are plenty of books and drink in the mansion, and frankly a lot less zoms than I remember, but no knives, sewing kit, etc.  Also 2 working cars, a diesel truck, and no fuel.  so I'ma hang out here a few days, which I normally dont do until I decide on a base.

. I dont like settling within that 15 tile grace reveal, or else Id consider making the mansion a home.

So far,. I found a wood axe, crafted a stone knife, and have been lighting paper bags on fire when zoms come by.  And then dumping toilet water on the resulting fire.  Will fire spread without fuel inside?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:33:20 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »

Will fire spread without fuel inside?

Inside a building? Depends on the material the floor is made from, but most of the time yes, it will spread quite rapidly.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »

With fabrication of level... 1 or two, you can make a wooden needle, which is basically interchangable with sewing kits (not tailoring kit though)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2015, 06:35:32 pm »

Same with bone needles, which you get from... actually, I think anyone can make one of those.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 451