Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 802995 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #511 on: March 30, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »

Man, I didn't play for such a long time (don't know why ;_;) and now starting to skim through the changelog and it looks amazing already. Can't wait to play as a meth addicted bad ass zombie slayer kid with a cute Cars or MLP backpack.

You forgot the dinosaur suit.

Thanks for the reminder! :3

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 01, 2015, 11:03:26 pm »

Nothing is quite as satisfying as getting full survivor gear and full nightvision after your first serum. Now if only I didn't find building vehicles tedious as all hell....
Now I have a mental image of someone injecting themselves with "survivor serum" and growing survivor gear :D

Also, latest experimental has STAMINA AND RUNNING *pant*pant*
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 01, 2015, 11:07:55 pm »

Nothing is quite as satisfying as getting full survivor gear and full nightvision after your first serum. Now if only I didn't find building vehicles tedious as all hell....
Now I have a mental image of someone injecting themselves with "survivor serum" and growing survivor gear :D

No more sprinting everywhere and burning calories?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 02, 2015, 12:56:30 am »

I just hope that doesn't mean another toggle to remember to turn on/off, anything cluttering UI is not a good thing. I already walk everywhere because I can't be bothered to do vehicles. :p

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 02, 2015, 05:39:54 am »

Frieza race serum? o.o

Indeed, I do this.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 03, 2015, 09:24:25 am »

In the new experimental, what does stamina actually do?

Also, how do you run?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 03, 2015, 09:32:44 am »

In the new experimental, what does stamina actually do?

Also, how do you run?

You run by pressing "

As for what stamina does, no idea :)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 03, 2015, 10:25:26 am »

Low stamina slows down strenuous activities, like running, walking, throwing things, and melee attacks.
Also, when your stamina is low you're at risk of gaining the winded effect, which has several stat debuffs, but more importantly blocks stamina regeneration.  Also mouth encumbrance now slows stamina regain instead of slowing you down directly.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 04, 2015, 04:04:12 am »

Huh, cool. Also a couple of things that don't make sense:
1. Why do boat boards need a welder to be attached? They should be able to be attached with nails, seeing as they are wood.
2. Is it really so hard to make it so that mutations are sorted in some way in the debug menu? I like playing around with them and it's hard as fuck to navigate, same for the item wish menu.
3. Are we ever going to be able to butcher with mutations (claws, talons, etc)?

Oh, and you know what would be really awesome? A setting in world gen where you can set climate - nothing fancy to begin with at least, just have it so that we can adjust the ambient temps up or down (making Winter and Summer harsher/easier). I'd love to play a game where it's boiling hot and you can barely wear anything; it sounds like a decent challenge.

blazing glory

« Reply #520 on: April 04, 2015, 06:18:07 am »

Oh, and you know what would be really awesome? A setting in world gen where you can set climate - nothing fancy to begin with at least, just have it so that we can adjust the ambient temps up or down (making Winter and Summer harsher/easier). I'd love to play a game where it's boiling hot and you can barely wear anything; it sounds like a decent challenge.
And while you're at it, you should make it so you can alter the temperature of creatures so we can have proper cat-splosions.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 04, 2015, 07:08:55 am »

Why do boat boards need a welder to be attached? They should be able to be attached with nails, seeing as they are wood.

Because any attachment done without !!things!! is undwarven.

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:23 am »

So, what is the best material for a fender to drive across bushery? Military composite ram? Heavy duty frame with composite plating? Hevy duty frame with shock absorber?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 04, 2015, 01:09:33 pm »

So, what is the best material for a fender to drive across bushery? Military composite ram? Heavy duty frame with composite plating? Hevy duty frame with shock absorber?
I think there's a mounted grenade launcher now, isn't there?

Indeed, I do this.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 04, 2015, 01:25:54 pm »

Last character I had replaced the front end of a cop car with heavy duty frames and spiked plating. It held together pretty well during a few emergencies where I had to ram a few wrecks out of the way. I kept a spare acetylene torch and welding goggles in the trunk for field repairs and it worked out fine. Didn't make it far enough to get any exotic materials, but I had intended to put some heavy duty rollers on the front to see if I could armor plate those... Next game, maybe.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 451