Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803215 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #720 on: April 15, 2015, 09:37:20 am »

Bit late to the convo, but the other other white meat is often referred to as long pork. I would presume it's because humans have a lot of physiological similarities to pigs, including (or especially?) their diet, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did indeed taste very much like pork.

Anyway, back on topic, any interesting features added for the next release/experimentals lately?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 15, 2015, 11:22:40 am »

So, Id like to try a pure wilderness survival run, but Im worried Ill be stuck at some point for lack of recipe. Is it so?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 15, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »

So, Id like to try a pure wilderness survival run, but Im worried Ill be stuck at some point for lack of recipe. Is it so?

Depends on what you want to accomplish and how strict you are. You won't be able to preserve food and winter will be brutal when most of your food is hibernating or has turned and eats you back. No first aid, no bandages, no vitamins. It'll take ages to get far enough to make decent armor, and lots of wild animals are faster than you, so you'll likely get an early infection unless you start sheltered and limit yourself to the LMOE stocks, which probably defeats the purpose.

Pure survival is probably possible, though. Just not easy.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 15, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »

So, I just found a rather hilarious and awesome bug, that I am loathe to share due to its fun potential.

Advanced inventory management , / key, now has a worn tab, for easy doffing and donning of garments. However, using this tab allows any item to be picked up, regardless of volume and only slightly limited by weight, and does not actually pick up said item, merely cloning it. A few fun uses are cloning zombie scientist corpses for CBMs, unlimited ammo/LAW rockets/batteries/drugs/landmines, and making massive swarms of zombies/spitters/hulks/masters/necromancers to fuel you're one man fist punch training regime.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »

So, I just found a rather hilarious and awesome bug, that I am loathe to share due to its fun potential.

Advanced inventory management , / key, now has a worn tab, for easy doffing and donning of garments. However, using this tab allows any item to be picked up, regardless of volume and only slightly limited by weight, and does not actually pick up said item, merely cloning it. A few fun uses are cloning zombie scientist corpses for CBMs, unlimited ammo/LAW rockets/batteries/drugs/landmines, and making massive swarms of zombies/spitters/hulks/masters/necromancers to fuel you're one man fist punch training regime.

Ah, it's not destroying non-clothing items probably.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 15, 2015, 06:08:07 pm »

Bay12: Where item duplication glitches are used to clone lethal zombie hordes to be beaten to death with the bare hands.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 15, 2015, 06:14:55 pm »

so we can expect that bug fixed in the next version.   Any NPC improvements-new things on the horizon

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 15, 2015, 07:12:16 pm »

so we can expect that bug fixed in the next version.   Any NPC improvements-new things on the horizon
Not really, but z-levels keeps climbing slowly closer and closer to release thanks to the efforts of Coolthulu. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 15, 2015, 09:39:44 pm »

Not really, but z-levels keeps climbing slowly closer and closer to release thanks to the efforts of Coolthulu. :D
HYPE.

I'm already excited as heck for the stamina changes (which are adding some awesome depth to the game even in this early experimental state), but Z-levels? I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 16, 2015, 01:12:45 pm »

So, what do the swappable battery cases in vehicles actually do? The description seems to imply they make charging more efficient, but my weather lately has been so chaotic that I can't tell if that's the case or not.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 16, 2015, 01:15:44 pm »

They allow you to install storage batteries as "Swappable" storage batteries. There's no difference in their effect, but swappable batteries don't require tools and (as much) time to install.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 16, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »

BFEL isn't entirely as hyped as errybody else is for this. While I like the few current implementations of Z-levels, I have a HUGE fear that it might turn into DF adventure mode where I can't tell where anything is because every single square of the map is a different height and you can only see stuff on your own height...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 16, 2015, 02:22:25 pm »

BFEL isn't entirely as hyped as errybody else is for this. While I like the few current implementations of Z-levels, I have a HUGE fear that it might turn into DF adventure mode where I can't tell where anything is because every single square of the map is a different height and you can only see stuff on your own height...

What?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 16, 2015, 05:10:36 pm »

With melee skill at 11, dodge at 5, and bashing at 3, air filtration CBM and dielectric capacitance system CBM, it is entirely feasible to stroll through a minor city wearing nothing but a bondage suit and bondage mask (admittedly, studded with kevlar and leather) while wielding a vibrator as a melee weapon.

I shall call it it Kinky Kungfu
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 16, 2015, 05:35:10 pm »

Actually being able to see and interact with other levels is one of the defining requirements for an actual z-level implementation.

It might also be worthwhile to note that the current "z-levels mod" that you see is not in any real way related to the current z-levels being worked on. The current z-levels being worked on is basically invisible front he player's point of view; even if you turn the option on it won't make any difference to the player, it's totally for testing backend implementations at the moment.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 451