Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803039 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1590 on: July 05, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »

I've been setting spider basements on fire ever since the first time I tried actually hunting the widows, which ended in complete fucking catastrophe. What loadout/tactics do you use to extinguish the subterranean arachnid menace?

Setting the basement on fire.... I literally just light some web on fire and everything dies. But if you are really have trouble with it, lighting web on fire (I think lighting web on the walls can spread to the other side) and then using a fire extinguisher to keep the doors fire-free might help.

You can clear webbing off the walls and doors. Just stick your head inside and clear webs out from around the door.

Yeah but you risk getting poisoned and injured.

Open door, cast magic missile throw rock into the darkness, clear webs, cast magic missile set fire, close door and back out.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 05, 2015, 01:09:19 pm »

I've been setting spider basements on fire ever since the first time I tried actually hunting the widows, which ended in complete fucking catastrophe. What loadout/tactics do you use to extinguish the subterranean arachnid menace?

Setting the basement on fire.... I literally just light some web on fire and everything dies. But if you are really have trouble with it, lighting web on fire (I think lighting web on the walls can spread to the other side) and then using a fire extinguisher to keep the doors fire-free might help.

You can clear webbing off the walls and doors. Just stick your head inside and clear webs out from around the door.

Yeah but you risk getting poisoned and injured.

Open door, cast magic missile throw rock into the darkness, clear webs, cast magic missile set fire, close door and back out.

I always have a spider right outside waiting behind the door. As soon as you open it, it knows you're there.... Unless they end up forgetting and decide to then follow the sound after the door closes?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 05, 2015, 01:19:17 pm »

Once you clear a few spiders out it takes work to lure more to the door. I guess I just don't have many problems with spiders.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: July 05, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »

I actually can't remember ever getting chitin from basement spiders - are you positive that they are a kind that leaves chitin?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: July 05, 2015, 03:49:04 pm »

I never remember getting them either but looking at the jsons for them they do have the chitin flag.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: July 05, 2015, 06:06:25 pm »

Hmm, in mine (recent experimental) it looks like giant black widows and black widow spiderlings have the CHITIN flag, but the regular sized black widow doesn't seem to.  Those are the basement spiders right?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: July 05, 2015, 07:08:45 pm »

Man, basement spiders scare the hell out of me, as someone with arachnophobia. Even though they're just these little "S" symbols on the screen, something about it, man. Which is probably a good sign about the game, really.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: July 05, 2015, 07:23:21 pm »

The first character I played that made it into a lab freaked me the hell out when I heard people yelling in the other rooms. I kinda nope'd out of there for a while. The truth turned out to be much worse.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: July 05, 2015, 11:44:11 pm »

Man, basement spiders scare the hell out of me, as someone with arachnophobia. Even though they're just these little "S" symbols on the screen, something about it, man. Which is probably a good sign about the game, really.

I was hella scared of them at first. And then I realized my kawaii dapper catboy could just stab them all to death with no injury. I did so. Whilst cackling.

The first character I played that made it into a lab freaked me the hell out when I heard people yelling in the other rooms. I kinda nope'd out of there for a while. The truth turned out to be much worse.

Yeah, labs have a hella creepy atmosphere. Everything is dark and sometimes cold, there are enemies with guns that can kill you dead and there's something yelling "Te-ke-li-li" in the distance.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: July 06, 2015, 01:15:51 am »

You know what labs need? Non-hostile terrible mutated/mutilated test subjects shouting random things, some of them coherent enough to beg you to kill them and/or rarely to talk with you. (How about them giving you some really exotic quests.) I'm talking about people growing from the walls, etched into living furniture, splattered into pieces but still living after a teleportation accident... the whole cabinet of horrors.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: July 06, 2015, 08:16:19 am »

And the chance of a random cowering scientist in a sealed panic-room.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 06, 2015, 10:17:41 am »

Ah, Mi-gos. Their random chatter always falls within the context of what's going on. Always.

Modding question: how do I add modded-in buildings to the map generation? It's not automatic, is it?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:47 pm »

That would be awesome if you could get special rare NPCs for your group. They could do things that you never could due to life-long experience in a skill.

EDIT: Anyone know what the ranch quests mean by "motor"? I brought them engines and electrical motors, but on of the electrical motors are large. Do they want just small or just large motors?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:05:25 pm by Micro102 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 06, 2015, 10:41:46 pm »

Ah, makes me think of Half Life 1.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 06, 2015, 10:46:58 pm »

Or their skeleton/zombie.

On a completely unrelated note:

Apparently, if you have good[1-100] morale and have crossed the Feline mutation threshold, your emote is :3 instead of : ) . This made my day
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 451