Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803171 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3870 on: October 05, 2016, 10:37:34 pm »

It would be nonfunctional on earth, due to the difference in gravity.
I believe they are functional on earth... unless there is something I don't know.
For the MOST part they wouldn't want to create something that couldn't be tested on earth.
It might not have great acceleration mind you...
Well, upon further research, you're *technically* correct. (the best kind, I know ;))
It appears that the Buggy's structure wouldn't outright fail under load on Earth... but you'd lose in a race against a grocery store scooter.
If a cripple would rather go on foot, what difference is there from being nonfunctional? :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: October 05, 2016, 11:54:54 pm »

Actually when I think about it...

how would an evil corporation add anything new exactly? What could they have that would widen the scope of the game in a positive way? hmmm...

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: October 06, 2016, 12:06:12 am »

Simple. Make it a Faction that sends units into the cataclysm to see if they can potentially use or exploit any of the batshit crazy stuff. Random encounters with teams of NPC's with high quality gear who have an excuse to be hostile if you go anywhere near them or interfere.

Totally forgot what I intended to post about in the first place. Could it be possible to make Carnivore characters not get a penalty for eating offal?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:18:31 am by Kaitol »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: October 06, 2016, 01:24:13 am »

... but you'd lose in a race against a grocery store scooter.
If a cripple would rather go on foot, what difference is there from being nonfunctional? :P
http://images.oobject.com/thumbdir/thumbnails/f/57/f574d98a39e74322aa42c6b2e11af7fe-orig
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: October 06, 2016, 01:46:50 am »

Ohh yeah... have the Corporation use cyborg zombies as a way to weaponized the infection :P

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: October 06, 2016, 02:12:36 am »

EvilCorp sitting in an orbital station and seeing how their Grand Experiment is going on? Endgame goal of taking over a shuttle and going there to murder all the billionare assholes who killed the world?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: October 06, 2016, 02:16:29 am »

Well, we already have literal demons and eldritch nightmares. Why not have sci-fi villains as well as the grim fantasy ones?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 06, 2016, 04:13:08 am »

It would be nice if the game generated the Reason Behind Apocalypse when a world is created, which would affect the things in the world somewhat. You wouldn't know what it is unless you found it out by yourself. For example it could be:

1) Leaders of the world belonged to a cult that purposefully opened portals to let the Old Ones through and stuff.
2) EvilGovernment experimented with EvilTech in an attempt to mindcontrol people for Evil.
3) EvilCorporation did it for Greater Profit and it went a little wrong, but no worries, we have a plan.
4) EvilGov or EvilCorp did it on purpose to accelerate human evolution or to cleanse the Earth or something like that, they have a plan to repopulate in their image.
5) Aliens! ALIENS!

Then yeah, like with #3 you'd get the orbital station with the cybernetic Koch brothers and what not while with #1 you'd find places where the cult did nefarious rituals etc.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: October 06, 2016, 04:32:37 am »

By the way, does the player's body store nutrients? As in, if I eat a little more of a vitamin in a day, do I not have to worry about getting the full amount the next day? Or does the nutrient counter reset every day?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 06, 2016, 05:11:30 am »

My NPC won't drink the soylent green shakes
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: October 06, 2016, 06:28:21 am »

Reason Behind Apocalypse - All at once, please.

I would like to have zombie firefighters that still attempt to fight fires, as my main way of dealing with any issue is setting it on fire.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 06, 2016, 07:11:29 am »

I'm aware of the explanation, what I'm talking about would be it being different in different worlds, which would alter the game experience in certain ways while keeping the basic elements. It would add to replayability and excitement and whatnot.

Of course easy for me to say when I'm not doing anything for the project. :P

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #3882 on: October 06, 2016, 08:42:57 am »

Sounds like you'd basically just be enabling/disabling different faction monsters (and their items) for any given scenario.
Doesn't seem *too* hard on the surface. Implementing the randomization and integrating/swapping the in-game lore to match up would probably be the hardest parts.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 06, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »

triffids are the least like the other 2.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: October 06, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »

Why do slingshots make 37 noise when they fire? I thought it would be quiet, which is why I tried to snipe a shrieker zombie with it at night. Didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 451