Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803229 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4140 on: November 21, 2016, 05:35:01 pm »

You can still put on storage items like backpacks and such, even if you're wearing power armour. But yeah, encumbrance.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: November 21, 2016, 06:11:35 pm »

I'd reserve that particular label for the people who won't make a character without taking Quick and Fleet-Footed and Robust Genetics.
<.<   >.>

I don't take RG though, and I usually grab Parkour Expert as well if I can afford it. I have a strong affection for gottagofast in Cata, and the mental image of a dude running through post-apoc New England towns vaulting over counters and through windows with two backpacks strapped on and a bag on each arm is intensely amusing to me.

Yes, I'm that kind of player, the one who also takes Pack Mule and trains up melee skills enough to slaughter things even when badly encumbered by a small mountain of shit. The mollie nerf made me cry.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: November 21, 2016, 07:17:23 pm »

I was exploring around a Mansion when i saw a moose.

From old versions of CDDA i remember that those beasts were weapons of early character destruction, i still remember the time when i was inside of a building and opened what was the bathroom and a moose was waiting there and annihilated my character in a few turns.

Not sure if it was always the case i was preparing to run to the opposite side, but then i saw the moose rush straight toward the mansion and destroy 6 zombies before turning around and attack my lumberjack character before i could leave.

To my surprise i managed to kill the terrible monster of evil doom with a few axe blows.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure if they're still as strong as in the past, but they're still very angry at everything :D

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:24:10 pm by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: November 21, 2016, 07:25:09 pm »

Theyre not 'weaker' per se.  Its just that their skill was reduced, and the combat overhaul was somewhat disfavorable to them.

I found an electric car with a yellow but unleaking storage battery.  The other one was greyed out, so all the power from the 4 admittedly undamaged solar panels were storing into the good battery.  Thus, I took it with me as I didnt have a car yet.

I ran out of juice just north or a blob pit.  I walked all night and found a fema camp.  A soldier zombie died in a fire and a single .50 ball exploded.  And half my health flew away, with 155 pain coming in its stead.  ows
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:27:16 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:30 pm »

Ouch! Hmm... FEMA camp and an army bunker just north of me... But no ID card. Found the power armor near a crater, but no ID.

And TWO labs south of me.

Once I get into one, I'm making it my base.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: November 21, 2016, 10:49:59 pm »

Ouch! Hmm... FEMA camp and an army bunker just north of me... But no ID card. Found the power armor near a crater, but no ID.

And TWO labs south of me.

Once I get into one, I'm making it my base.
Watch out for stragglers. There weren't just scientists in those labs.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: November 22, 2016, 12:29:23 am »

...True...
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: November 22, 2016, 03:55:00 am »

As a player for years, the only time I ever play with mutations is when I create a mutant character at the start. And then almost never mutate any further unless I savescum like a bitch. They're a neat idea, but just not worth it generally for anything other thank joke runs.

Personally I'd suggest making it less random. Either by pairing positive and negative mutations, like say, if you drank some feline mutagen and got fangs, you also get meat eater or something 95% of the time. And then make robust genetics reduce that to like, 65% of the time you get meat eater.

An alternate idea would be to make all mutagen injections, and then let players target specific bodyparts to inject. Injecting your eyes could give any eye related mutation. Like night vision. Or nearsighted. Etc.

As it is, mutations are too random, and in rogue-likes, randomness is risk and risk generally means death. Which means restarting all over.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: November 22, 2016, 08:05:43 am »

A NPC was suffering from an infection, so playing a good guy i went to find antibiotics in the nearby town.
There was a pharmacy not too far inside of the town so i thought it would be the best place to start searching without too much fighting to do.

Started to go straight to it after finding many killed zombies (the wasps around were probably the cause of that) and i was busy smashing the corspes (as i imagine you still need to pulp dead zombie to prevent them raising again as it was in old versions) occasionally fighting some more zombies and wasp.

Then i was hearing several explosions (that chesthole soundpack is rather nice to help me noticing when i wasn't paying attention to the text, though i deleted the music json as i found the music too distracting) between me and the pharmacy.

On the map apparently there's nothing there exploding like a gaz station , there are a few houses a library and something like a furniture store, so i decided to peek around a building corner and x - look at the distance what was going on in that location

Ok, i'll have to circle the whole location, that horde is obviously too dangerous for newly created character.
But i wonder what was the source of the several explosions i heard ? I see some smoke but they could be from those smoke zombies (they're still in the game by the way ?) too
Maybe there were some mines, as i see zombies corpses too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:07:30 am by Robsoie »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: November 22, 2016, 08:08:45 am »

Could be a rampaging tankbot in the vicinity, or maybe some zombies decided to trash a gas station and destroyed the pumps, an npc equipped with explosives, since NPCs use their weapons all willy nilly, or even zombies stepping on a minefield.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:11:53 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: November 22, 2016, 08:24:42 am »

Hmm, so I've managed to loot the FEMA camp for tons of food, a few guns, some hazmat gear, a brick of C-4, acetylene torch, gas mask, and some other fun stuff.

Still no military ID card. FUUUUUUU-

I now have a cash card with over 1.5million on it. Dafuq do I use it for?

Thing is, my house sucks and Im running out of supplies, but my car is low on gas :| So.... Fuck. Haven't seen any gas stations nearby, may have to go on a loooooooong walk.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: November 22, 2016, 08:25:18 am »

Oh, and I found a ton of CBMs from butchering army and scientist zed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: November 22, 2016, 10:53:51 am »

A NPC was suffering from an infection, so playing a good guy i went to find antibiotics in the nearby town.
There was a pharmacy not too far inside of the town so i thought it would be the best place to start searching without too much fighting to do.

Started to go straight to it after finding many killed zombies (the wasps around were probably the cause of that) and i was busy smashing the corspes (as i imagine you still need to pulp dead zombie to prevent them raising again as it was in old versions) occasionally fighting some more zombies and wasp.

Then i was hearing several explosions (that chesthole soundpack is rather nice to help me noticing when i wasn't paying attention to the text, though i deleted the music json as i found the music too distracting) between me and the pharmacy.

On the map apparently there's nothing there exploding like a gaz station , there are a few houses a library and something like a furniture store, so i decided to peek around a building corner and x - look at the distance what was going on in that location

Ok, i'll have to circle the whole location, that horde is obviously too dangerous for newly created character.
But i wonder what was the source of the several explosions i heard ? I see some smoke but they could be from those smoke zombies (they're still in the game by the way ?) too
Maybe there were some mines, as i see zombies corpses too.

Dear lord, that font is wrecking terror on my eyes!
Love, scriver~

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: November 22, 2016, 03:43:23 pm »

I now have a cash card with over 1.5million on it. Dafuq do I use it for?

Drink machines in gas stations. gas pumps at gas stations can take them. Some gun stores have ammo vendors.

There's also ATM's in banks that can consolidate all your cash cards together, but you can't get plastic chunks out of the empties.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: November 22, 2016, 03:45:49 pm »

They make good fletching and good kindling
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 451