Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803062 times)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4335 on: December 12, 2016, 11:37:32 pm »

painkillers cam be as simple as alcohol.  asprin, various combat stims, etc
Food has gotten hardcore in the near future then, because I ate a meat pie and drank some cranberry juice. When I said I didn't touch the stuff, I meant ANY of the stuff. I didn't even drink any soda yet.

Edit: Wait, it's probably the cold. Numbness from walking towards town, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:53:47 am by duckman »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: December 12, 2016, 11:58:42 pm »

I've just started playing again after about two months, experimental of course, and like before, I'm dealing with the fact that I'm really, really garbage at surviving in this game. I haven't made it to my first nightfall yet on any run, and I've killed all of one normal zombie though something like 8 runs.

Also I've been getting hit with acid rains out of literally nowhere, which has killed me about half of my runs. What's up with that? Is it a glitch with the particular version I'm running?

Really? Uhhh. Try starting as a firefighter. turnout gear is basically immune to regular zeds and has good acid protection, which is several noob killers solved. Also the halligen bar they start off with is an okay weapon, but you'l want to replace it with something with block quickly. lure zombies to areas that slow movement, like furniture or bushes or windows. And you probably want to turn pisskops mod off. It basically just adds a bunch of death. Do it once the game starts to feel a bit boring. And make sure your encumbrance is low UNLESS your armor is protective and covering enough to negate most zeds damage, turnout gear will suffice unless you're fighting brutes or tanks or similar. Drop your backpack or whatever while enemies are still far away to lower enc. Don't even try to fight dogs or children at 0 skill with high encumbrance unless like above you have solid protection.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: December 13, 2016, 08:57:54 am »

Guys I found a "dead knot" when exploring a swamp.
The wiki says its an artifact, and it seems to be totally evil.
That leaves me with two questions...
First: is it useful/worth it to use such an evil artifact? I cant tell because i'm too much of a newb.
Second: uh I guess I found that thing while harvesting random bushes in the swamp. Seriously, artifacts dropping from bushes? Shouldn't those be rare or something?

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: December 13, 2016, 10:32:06 am »

First: is it useful/worth it to use such an evil artifact? I cant tell because i'm too much of a newb.
Second: uh I guess I found that thing while harvesting random bushes in the swamp. Seriously, artifacts dropping from bushes? Shouldn't those be rare or something?

I'm guessing you've already seen this wiki page, but I figured I'd put it there anyway. Spoilers as always with the wiki, but the should tell you what your artifact does.

I normally don't risk using an artifact unless I'm in a really bad situation. Sometimes they work like a fireball wand, casting a molotov-like effect at a targeted square, and sometimes that make you go nuts, destroy your stats, and turn you into cataclysms' equivalent of a crazed necromancer, and not in a good way... mostly.

Artifacts usually spawn in very noticeable areas. Usually in a 3x3 of rubble surrounded by a completely single-detail area of dirt for a small distance (Maybe 10x10 tiles or something, it's not very big). It looks similar to a small minefield, but there's an artifact in the centre. Sometimes this dirt zone generates without an artifact, which sucks because it always makes me wonder what I could have found
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: December 13, 2016, 10:38:29 am »

Artifacts usually spawn in very noticeable areas. Usually in a 3x3 of rubble surrounded by a completely single-detail area of dirt for a small distance (Maybe 10x10 tiles or something, it's not very big). It looks similar to a small minefield, but there's an artifact in the centre. Sometimes this dirt zone generates without an artifact, which sucks because it always makes me wonder what I could have found

Oh I see... Well that must be where I found it, then... Usually I wander around a lot with my shopping cart.
Thank you for the answer! I will probably shove it in the pile of useless junk then.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #4340 on: December 13, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Many emit radiation constantly too, so should probably be a remote pile. :p

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:37 pm »

I made a list of all the monsters my mod adds for somebody saying they want to make sprites for 'em ...

Spoiler: Sooo Many (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: December 14, 2016, 05:02:04 am »

So... I am totally lost in the underground portion of a lab.

Holy, friggin, shyte.

There's 2 other labs nearby... >_< The damn lab's interior goes on for like 8 tiles.

Not even sure what to do at this point, I've full of loot but can't find the way out. :|
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: December 14, 2016, 06:54:06 am »

You've become the labratory mouse. This is you maze.
Love, scriver~

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: December 14, 2016, 10:07:40 am »

Well, I've managed to survive a couple days this time because I tweaked some of the settings so that everything isn't suffering. Problem is, I have a wheelbarrow and a shopping cart full of hoarder crap useful supplies that I really want to bring with me over to the local survivor complex, where I'll hopefully be able to set up a permanent base of operations. Problem is, it's on the far side of a city and the last thing I want to do is make three runs through a place filled with nasty things while dragging around a ton of material.

Problem is, all the local cars are either surrounded by zombies of varieties I'm ill-equipped to slay or derelict, and I've never actually survived long enough to actually learn how to fiddle with mechanics, and also I don't actually have a good set of tools for mechanics, and finally there's no nearby garages to source vehicle parts or more tools.

How do I best proceed from here?
Nothing important here, move along.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: December 14, 2016, 10:33:32 am »

Well, I've managed to survive a couple days this time because I tweaked some of the settings so that everything isn't suffering. Problem is, I have a wheelbarrow and a shopping cart full of hoarder crap useful supplies that I really want to bring with me over to the local survivor complex, where I'll hopefully be able to set up a permanent base of operations. Problem is, it's on the far side of a city and the last thing I want to do is make three runs through a place filled with nasty things while dragging around a ton of material.

Problem is, all the local cars are either surrounded by zombies of varieties I'm ill-equipped to slay or derelict, and I've never actually survived long enough to actually learn how to fiddle with mechanics, and also I don't actually have a good set of tools for mechanics, and finally there's no nearby garages to source vehicle parts or more tools.

Set up a temporary base to keep your stash while you scout the region for alternatives?
Or just find a subway/manhole and try your luck navigating the sewers!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: December 14, 2016, 10:42:23 am »

I'm already sort-of set up in the shelter I started in. Problem is, said shelter is right smack-dab in the middle between a swamp and a triffid grove. I'd rather brave my way through a city into a survivor-controlled compound where I can be (more) assured of my safety than keep sitting in a place that's almost inevitably going to eventually be overrun by things I'm not quite sure I'm capable of winning against right now.
Nothing important here, move along.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: December 14, 2016, 12:07:13 pm »

Flank the city if at all possible. Keep as many of the outer building between you and any globs of undead in the streets. If you have those triffids or other Fun things blocking the way, than pick your way through the outermost houses and hope that both zeds and outside nasties get lured towards you, bogged up in the buildings, then end up infighting.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: December 15, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »

I started a new world, and it has been murdering the hell out of me, from tank drones popping around corners and instantly wasting me to stealth giant ant attacks, this may be the most survivors I've lost since I started playing.  On reflection, naming the world "Dirge" may have been a bad idea.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:16:45 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: December 15, 2016, 03:43:52 pm »

If you have the tools, you might be able to put the shopping basket on your wheelbarrow too, or just find a bigger storage. After that, you need the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

Rollerskates.

These things are better than cars. They're silent, they don't need fuel, and you can dash in and out of houses when you need to. You run at three times the speed of a zombie and you walking a good 10-20 steps faster. Just make sure you take them off when you fight or walk over dirt otherwise rip in pickles to you.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 451