Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803123 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5880 on: November 05, 2018, 02:42:25 pm »

Regular water works the last time I had to use it, but it was long enough ago that I had to use detergent/soap as well, so my info is outdated and may possibly be wrong.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: November 05, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »

Washboard with soap/detergent OR washingmachine(in vehicles) with... It may be clean water only in th tank, might accept regular water, but still needs detergent, and I dont think soap works there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: November 07, 2018, 06:12:17 pm »

So after 68 days and my plants growing so slowly , it was time to think long time food preservation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: November 08, 2018, 05:26:30 pm »

One of the NPC of my faction camp was sent to a gathering mission , when it was time for him to come back the game/npc told me he was attacked from behind by a jabberwock, at that point i thought it meant that NPC was dead (as it sometime happen for those sent in such mission though that's the first time a jabberwock was mentionned) but that he kicked the monster and it collapsed into gore (i found it funny it was the same message as in Dwarf Fortress).

Yet my character :

:D

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: November 11, 2018, 12:03:30 pm »

Playing 0.C-8135, most successful run so far almost one month.

It's spring, day 28 and I still can't plant anything, it says it's "too cold". I wonder if that's a bug? Or is the game supposed to be unnaturally cold?

I've tried every day, even right now I'm comfortable (rising) while outdoors, and can't plant. I guess I'll try again in summer.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: November 11, 2018, 05:02:37 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately in CDDA spring is always freezing, in the past it started to get better after a couple of week in spring but now that they changed season length i wouldn't be surprised CDDA freezing spring takes months, similarly to growing berries takes now nearly 3 months instead of 14 days.

It's possible to play in an eternal summer if you don't want to deal with this freezing cdda spring annoyance

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: November 11, 2018, 10:02:21 pm »

Whats the actual temperature? They might have done sillybuggers with what it takes to plant...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: November 12, 2018, 01:40:32 am »

Ok, managed to get a single Sunny day, luckily I had enough time to plant an entire yard worth of seeds (actually it got cold again after 5pm, but the next day was clear also). I'm on day 40-something now and it's mostly rainy and chilly, luckily managed to get an electric car running, because I just keep having to go farther away to forage vegetables.

The problem is that without sun there's no electricity. I made a foot cranked generator in the basement I've been living in (those with sandbags) so maybe I'll modify it with parts from another electric vehicle to fit swappable batteries in case the car runs out.

Some things seem to take way longer than advertised, such as my charcoal smoker, keeps saying "will be done in 5 hours" but is more like 5 days.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: November 13, 2018, 09:00:31 am »

My character finally completed a cycle of this eternal summer, so the game went back to Day 1 of it for some reason instead of continuing to add more after the +/-90th one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: November 14, 2018, 02:42:35 am »

Any ideas what the other types of faction camps do?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: November 14, 2018, 07:11:19 am »

There are other types of faction camps ?
Or do you mean the expansions (farm, kitchen, garage, blacksmith ...) you can add every couple of upgrades ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: November 14, 2018, 05:54:14 pm »

Juste a note, if you play with experimentals, avoid build 8167 and 8168 , there's a bug in it (a bugged commit that was just reverted for the next build in line after those 2) .

The reason is that it duplicate hugely monsters of any kind due to a bug , spawning them so much that they will be put even in completely cleared zones.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/26683

a gif of what to expect :D
https://old.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/comments/9x2ciu/with_zui_quan_game_is_still_playable_after_last/

While it's funny to see absurdly big hordes of doom (especially if before updating you spent a night in a cleared city building, you get out and after a couple of minute there are insane amount of monster everywhere), if you were attached to your current character and his world, this is very likely to ruin your actual fun in the case you don't have any previous backup  of your save (if you regularly use a newer experimental, make sure to always make a backup of a save in case things go very wrong, like it is the case in the 2 mentionned builds)

bug isn't present in build 8166 , and as the commit was reverted, it shouldn't be present in build 8169
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:57:32 pm by Robsoie »

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: November 14, 2018, 09:01:52 pm »

might hold off for 8170 and give the latest an experimental  go then

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: November 15, 2018, 04:29:42 am »

They just restored the ability to fix vehicle batteries while they're installed in a vehicle
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: November 17, 2018, 07:12:23 pm »

They just restored the ability to fix vehicle batteries while they're installed in a vehicle

that's a start if u break down or make upgrades and break something
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 451