Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217258 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1530 on: January 02, 2016, 03:23:03 pm »

Quarken: Recruit more scholars to join your cult.
100 scholar cultists: use logical arguments to convince the guys who stole our Stalwart Orb to give it back.
93 normal cultists: if the logical arguments fail, steal the Orb back yourselves. Otherwise, acquire some dragon's blood orchids.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 02, 2016, 05:56:48 pm »

Archon: Recruit. Maybe leader 1 can offer some advice?
3 cultists, supervised by leader 2: Use the mini-horror ritual to summon someone with a bit of appeal.
2 cultists: Learn about disaster management. Leader 3 can provide a few pointers.
1 mad cultist: Try to improve on the mini-horror ritual.
Beldroth: Bottle some of your saliva for use in biological warfare.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 02, 2016, 08:00:05 pm »

100 & me: Fish. No, seriously, we're going to actually fish for actual fish. Donate all of the catch to those in need. We're good guys, honest!
100: Bring down Parasite's PR even harder.
70: Recruit.
50: Activate B.O.F.'s inquisitors. This plan will, without any semblance of doubt, not backfire.
Non-tired warriors: train more or something I dunno lol
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 02, 2016, 10:03:20 pm »

Speedoman: Teleport into a ER bed. politely ask for the doctors to patch me up.
Leader 2: Attempt to politely and calmly ask saragon not to bump into our people. We like how shiny it is, but it HURTS when they poke people.
Besides, what did we ever do to them?
Marksmen cultists and leader 4: kill the thing that just attacked our horror/buddy with our guns if talking to it does not work.
Leaders 1 and 3, along with all other cultists: find more dragonsblood, preferably in plant form this time. we can summon other people as a favor!
Leader 5 and banana hammock: Go find other cults who have not summoned their horrors yet. offer to help them in exchange for favors.
Get halp: [5] You slip into the hospital without incident and they begin treating you. You'll recover from damage until you get hurt again or are fully healed. (Now moderately wounded, regen active)
Diplomasize: [5] He convinces Saragon that you aren't actually such a bad guy, and Saragon leaves you alone... The success makes Leader 2 feel more confident in his abilities for the future. (Saragon will no longer attack your faction, Leader 2 regains confidence)
GRISLY MURDER: [3-5>4] Just long enough for your gun-toting followers to SHOOT THE BASTARD IN THE BACK!!! BAHAHA! What an idiot! Of course, they wait until Leader 2 leaves first, don't want him getting caught in the crossfire, nor do they want him finding out that his actions were ultimately irrelevant. (Saragon is dead)
Dragon blood: [3-3] They collect a bit of dragon blood, but get distracted. The leaders are unable to get the group back on track, so they need to come back to it next turn. (partially gathered dragon blood)
Offer help: [2] They find no cults nearby. Apparently Saragon came quite a long way to reach you.

B.O.F.: "At least I still have chicken"  Recruit, lets get some real eco cultists
Recruit: [5] You and your cultists do some parlor tricks to entice environmental advocates to join your cause. They eat it up like candy. (+400 eco cultists)

Quarken: Recruit more scholars to join your cult.
100 scholar cultists: use logical arguments to convince the guys who stole our Stalwart Orb to give it back.
93 normal cultists: if the logical arguments fail, steal the Orb back yourselves. Otherwise, acquire some dragon's blood orchids.

Recruit: [1] You try to get more smart folk to help you, but they find your methods questionable and your ideals abhorrent. (+25 scholarly inquisitors)
Logick: [2] They aren't listening to reason. Or perhaps they aren't interested in the fumbling of your scholars due to their poor speaking skills.
Theft: [1] They try to steal the orb, but quickly find themselves bagged and tagged. (-93 cultists)

Archon: Recruit. Maybe leader 1 can offer some advice?
3 cultists, supervised by leader 2: Use the mini-horror ritual to summon someone with a bit of appeal.
2 cultists: Learn about disaster management. Leader 3 can provide a few pointers.
1 mad cultist: Try to improve on the mini-horror ritual.
Beldroth: Bottle some of your saliva for use in biological warfare.

Recruit: [1] Oh dear... It seems Humans don't actually like it when you scream in their ears like an ape. Your battle commander doesn't offer much insight into the matter, apparently screaming is half their strategy... Your leader is no help in the matter. (+25 inquisitors)
Summon: [6] They summon someone with loads of appeal... If only they were friendly... Once again, the leader's support offers no aid to this endeavor... (Summoned Happy the Clown [hostile])
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Learn: [5] They figure out how to neutralize a terrible situation, with a little more work they may learn to actually turn a nothing into something! (cultists become disaster averters [50% chance of 1 becoming 2])
Improve: [5] They have a revelation about the ritual, that if done with a crystalline orb, it allows MUCH stronger horrors to be summoned! (learned summoning ritual [req Orb of Stalwart and dragon blood]) ((I'm not sure what you were hoping for))
Bottle toxin: [6] Beldroth slobbers into vials, allowing your cultists to use them in combat as weapons. Unfortunately, the bottles are also coated in the stuff, so anyone who uses the bottles will be afflicted by it themselves. (acquired [3] slimy toxin bottles, Beldroth ages)

(Sharkon takes damage from lack of water)

100 & me: Fish. No, seriously, we're going to actually fish for actual fish. Donate all of the catch to those in need. We're good guys, honest!
100: Bring down Parasite's PR even harder.
70: Recruit.
50: Activate B.O.F.'s inquisitors. This plan will, without any semblance of doubt, not backfire.
Non-tired warriors: train more or something I dunno lol

Fishing for teh fishies: [1] You cast out your hook and drag Count Trout into the water near your base. Whoops. (Count Trout now submerged and attacking cult)
PR assault: [4] They detail Parasite's master plan to destroy the Earth to a public audience. So what if they made it up? It made Parasite look like a terrible monster. (Parasite PR down)
Recruit: [6] They go around spreading word of your wondrous plans for the world. Apparently some people are concerned with "sustainable fishing practices", bah! (+70 cultists, +70 inquisitors)
Activate inquisitors: [4] They call BOF's inquisitors and tell them the location of his cult. Then hang up with a quick "Happy hunting!" (BOF inquisitors activated)
Train: [6] They work themselves ragged to become better at fighting. Though, it's hard to argue with the results. (warriors become champions, and exhausted)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 02, 2016, 10:17:03 pm »

(But... I said that IF talking to it does not work, they shoot. it worked, so they shouldn't of killed saragon... aslandus, y u do dis? T_T)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 02, 2016, 10:42:38 pm »

Your battle commander

I meant these guys:

((Actually, looks like I though I had more leaders than I did... The point remains, though.))

Leadership: [4] they learn basic team management and how to turn a small success into a reasonable one. (Now leaders [can turn 3 to 4])

Improve: [5] They have a revelation about the ritual, that if done with a crystalline orb, it allows MUCH stronger horrors to be summoned! (learned summoning ritual [req Orb of Stalwart and dragon blood]) ((I'm not sure what you were hoping for))

I meant, improve on it as in making stronger (but still randomly targeted) horrors without specific artifacts. Namely, an orb of stalwart. I figured that would be a decent goal because I originally got the ritual with a research roll of 3.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:44:21 pm by Whisperling »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 02, 2016, 10:54:28 pm »

(But... I said that IF talking to it does not work, they shoot. it worked, so they shouldn't of killed saragon... aslandus, y u do dis? T_T)
No conditional actions was an established thing last game, it means that if you want to get things done faster or have multiple solutions, you have to risk multiple rolls.

Your battle commander

I meant these guys:

((Actually, looks like I though I had more leaders than I did... The point remains, though.))

Leadership: [4] they learn basic team management and how to turn a small success into a reasonable one. (Now leaders [can turn 3 to 4])

I meant, improve on it as in making stronger (but still randomly targeted) horrors without specific artifacts. Namely, an orb of stalwart. I figured that would be a decent goal because I originally got the ritual with a research roll of 3.
I must've missed those leaders in the end of turn tally, and it's now been two turns since they were created. This is the reason people should check their inventories at the end of the turn before posting actions, I have 12 people to manage here and can't remember every item you have offhand, so I use the inventory when determining what you've got.

As for the ritual, improving rituals is an issue I would rather avoid. Please just research a new ritual if you want something better.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 03, 2016, 05:03:16 am »

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 04, 2016, 03:50:14 am »

gaddemit kaltists
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 04, 2016, 04:02:36 am »

gaddemit kaltists
This describes the entirety of this game, right here.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 4 running
« Reply #1541 on: January 05, 2016, 11:26:21 am »

Daragon: Hungry? You're a pillar, not a tree. Absorb more biomass to recover.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 05, 2016, 03:18:24 pm »

gaddemit kaltists
This describes the entirety of this game, right here.

Quote from: Old Man Henderson
MUCKLE DARMED CULTISTS 'AIR YEH NAMBLIES BE KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 05, 2016, 04:38:40 pm »

Daragon: Hungry? You're a pillar, not a tree. Absorb more biomass to recover.
[4] You creep around with your pillar stalks and absorb a bunch of nearby foliage for fast biomass. Not quite enough, but it's not an overwhelming force now. (Now only somewhat hungry)
Seed: grow [6] It spreads tendrils all around, covering the entire forest in golden vines. The seed's energy reserves are completely depleted and if it fails to absorb biomass next turn it will die. (Seed 1 spreads tendrils, Seed 1 now starving)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 05, 2016, 04:39:26 pm »

Quote from: Old Man Henderson
MUCKLE DARMED CULTISTS 'AIR YEH NAMBLIES BE KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN!
You may want to pray for mercy now...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 121