Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 162762 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1050 on: November 05, 2016, 11:44:25 am »

Pharah, Junkrat, and Torbjorn (especially Torb) are all good picks versus Mei.

But yeah, I can definitely see how Sombra might do against Mei. Pretty much just as well as any genji or reaper could manage.

Considering that the last time I played Overwatch I was almost exclusively playing Genji counters every round (this was before this nerf, which, thank god), so Winston & Mei and then Zarya if I actually wanted to have fun and there wasn't a mlg-pro Genji on the other team.

... We'll see how Sombra does on PTR... but I'm curious if she'll counter my waifu Zarya. Guess it depends on what the range of that hack ability is, I'm assuming it goes through shields.

... it just occurred to me, is this the Reinhardt shield counter we need? Will it still be 1 Reinhardt every round meta if you wanna win? Or does Sombra finally break that up?

... if you EMP bastion does he get taken out of turret mode?

EDIT: I'm just filled with questions today. Will Symmetra turrets target a cloaked Sombra? That would be a great stealth Symmetra buff, finally actually being able to use her turrets as "flank wards" (which I think was the original intention?), instead of just stacking 6 of them on one door for lulz. Here's hoping Symmetra just hard counters Sombra, the Symmetra buff we need. :D

EDIT2: I'm going to have a hilarious time typing into match chat "guys I think this Sombra is hacking!".

EDIT3: maybe I should read the thread before I post. Most of the stuff I asked seemed to be covered by @reudh in better format.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:04:48 pm by darkrider2 »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 05, 2016, 12:25:16 pm »

I'd cream myself if Symmetra counters Sombra.

Pharah soft-counters Mei because she nullifies Mei's primary fire, but she will sitll get an icicle in the face if she tries to 1v1 Mei.

I think the main reason Mei is such a good pick in QP is because her counter is teamwork.

Though Mei is so memetically terrifying that most QP people know to focus her down, but still a good chunk of them would rather be pussies and run away.

That might also be why I like playing her. Psychological warfare.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 05, 2016, 12:32:24 pm »

Pharah is meant to counter Mei?

I'd never have guessed. Mei is actually pretty good at scaring Pharah away with icicles.
Its a neutral matchup.  Lotta pros and cons both ways.

In pratice Mei has almost no matchups or synergies.  I can see where the devs meant her to counter certain characters (Genji, Bastion, Tracer, McCree, Widow) but in practice she doesn't actually counter any of those characters.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1053 on: November 05, 2016, 02:40:43 pm »

Mei and the Pyro are the same person. Now they're even both the designated spycheckers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 05, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »

I'm really not sure if Mei will be that good at checking Sombra. Sombra's cloak seems weaker than the Spy's, though, and gets disabled with damage, so maybe Torbjorn of all people might be a good spychecker because it's damn near impossible to dodge his alt fire completely, even if you can easily avoid most of the damage.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 05, 2016, 07:00:32 pm »

Mei and the Pyro are the same person. Now they're even both the designated spycheckers.
Nah. Mei > Pyro because waifu.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 05, 2016, 09:39:42 pm »

Nah. Mei > Pyro because waifu.
We don't know Pyro's gender. Pyro could still be waifu.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 05, 2016, 09:43:13 pm »

Pyro is waifu regardless.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 05, 2016, 09:49:09 pm »

You use winston for spychecking
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 05, 2016, 10:19:19 pm »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 05, 2016, 11:52:32 pm »

I'm really not sure if Mei will be that good at checking Sombra. Sombra's cloak seems weaker than the Spy's, though, and gets disabled with damage, so maybe Torbjorn of all people might be a good spychecker because it's damn near impossible to dodge his alt fire completely, even if you can easily avoid most of the damage.

That's a good point, given it looks like there's no threshold for disruption, so a single low damage pellet from his M2 would do the job.

Mei will be good at checking choke points, but her issue is she has no real ability to close in or chase a Sombra, where a smart Winston can jump after Sombra, to engage, chase, and disengage.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 06, 2016, 05:08:56 am »

At the end of the day we might end up finding out that the best spy-blockers are just junkrat and widowmaker. Since, after all, they both have traps and Sombra can't kill traps without uncloaking, and the traps do damage so she would be taken out of cloak. And junkrat has spammable wide area damage. (what is a male waifu? cause that is junkrat).

"There's a Sombra cloaked in that building junkrat!"
*building spends next 5 minutes exploding*

Now to be totally fair, I think Sombra makes a great counter to widow, just appear next to widowmaker, hack her cause she's in full scope mode not paying attention to you. Widow starts taking damage and tries to rope away, lol doesn't work you been hacked, dead widowmaker.

I'm going to have a whole lot of fun playing my junkman when Sombra goes live. (Mei/Zarya/Junkrat are practically my main cast so I'm all set).

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 06, 2016, 05:15:40 am »

That's actually a good point, I hadn't considered Junkrat. He would probably struggle if she gets in close range though, but then again no one likes eating a 120 damage nade.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 06, 2016, 05:18:26 am »

From the videos of Sombra gameplay, 76 is rather good at countering Sombra, because his spread can graze her, and he can also tap to take her out from range.

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 06, 2016, 06:06:03 pm »

I think Hanzo and Widowmaker will be the most useful against Sombra with their Sonic Arrows and Infra-Sight. Good because now the meta will at least involve these two characters somewhat rather than having them be almost completely useless
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:22:21 pm by Frank2368 »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 107