Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Bay 12 Congress  (Read 10846 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Congress
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2015, 09:03:52 pm »

Spoiler: Religion Act of 2015 (click to show/hide)
Oppose
What about the worshipping of specific ancestors or spirits that others don't believe in? Will he be allowed to be persecuted simply for his individualistic belief?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2015, 09:06:07 pm »

Naturally I make an oversight

Andres: you can propose a bill to define a "reputable source" as whatever you feel like.

And another bill that I want to propose:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:10:35 pm by 4maskwolf »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2015, 09:10:21 pm »

officially recognized as a religion by at least one reputable source
This is discrimination against those who don't identify as a single being and instead operate under a hive mind. Don't antmen reserve the right to treat their queen as though she were a god?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2015, 09:11:58 pm »

officially recognized as a religion by at least one reputable source
This is discrimination against those who don't identify as a single being and instead operate under a hive mind. Don't antmen reserve the right to treat their queen as though she were a god?
My good sir, you are not reading the rest of the act.  The definition of a reputable source has not yet been set, and you could indeed propose a definition of a reputable source such that such a thing would be allowed.  For on Bay12 we welcome all viewpoints, and discrimination is something that should be unheard of.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2015, 09:17:15 pm »

"With 4maskwolf's vote, the Caps Lock Act has failed in passing in Congress.  As it deals with congressional policy, a case may be made to the courts as to whether to include components of it into official congressional policy.

[/quote]

"I am in favor of both of these bills, as they do not limit the choices or standing beliefs and ideals of forumites old and new."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2015, 02:07:02 am »

I do not think we need any bill regulating either of those subject. Just because we can regulate something doesn't mean that we should.

Regarding the Bearded Bill, I am appalled by the poor quality of the opposition. What we have is a tiny group of so-called Social Justice Warrior trying to shout down any opinion they don't like with cries of "sexist" and "specieist!", with little of no regard to the facts.

So let me get the record straight. The comparison to Appartheid South Africa is both baseless and slanderous. Disregarding the other failure of the arguments, I'll just point out that while the Appartheid was based on prejudice, the superiority of beard over non-beard is based on the soundest philosophical arguments.

The other accusations of sexism and specieism are ludicrous. Our community even cross whole Kingdoms of life to include bearded oranges!

The issue I think is that my critic still have a decidedly conservative bend of mind. Just like some believes that your gender depends on the content of your genitals, these seems to think that your beardiness depends in turn on your gender (and specie). However, medical science has long established that growing facial hair is a question of will, not biology. We even have a society here in Bay12, dedicated among other things to help people with their no hair to facial hair transition.

Regarding Urist Arrhenius's comment, I apologize. While once a full beard would have looked down upon a mustachio, we luckily live in a more enlightened age, where we recognize that all facial hair share superiority over bare cheeks. I thus propose the insertion of the following language in the bill to clarify the matter:

Code: [Select]
For the purpose of this Act, the term Beard shall be understood to include beard, mustache, goatee, significant sideburns, facial tentacles, symbiotic of parasitic face mushroom and any other significant and beard-like facial appendage.
The language is purposefully left vague, for I do not believe that I can predict all cases that may arise and the court are better equipped for that purpose.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 02:27:17 am »

I am in favour of the Religion Act of 2015 as I feel like this would establish an excellent level of fairness for all religions. Andres, I am quite sure that the Shinto religion of Japan, and many other religions, have sections relating to one's ancestor.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 04:51:02 am »

I oppose the Beard Act. What of those who physically cannot grow any hair at all, nor anything else recognised as a beard under this act? What of those who have no physical body at all?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:48 am »

So what? If you have an ethereal body, grow an ethereal beard!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2015, 05:19:03 am »

What about my first question, then?
And I mean no body at all, not even an ethereal one, such as Neonivek, to name one.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2015, 05:22:11 am »

No one is incapable of growing a beard. If someone doesn't wish to, it's his own fault.

Now, why don't you address my other arguments?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2015, 05:30:18 am »

And why don't you list those arguments?  The argument that growing a beard is a question of will is only backed up by a webcomic, of all things. With that logic, I could prove that stupidity is perfectly capable of breaking reality. A webcomic is not proof of anything.
You have also not presented any of these philosophical arguments that prove that bearded people are inherently superior to those with no beards, simply stating so and expecting me to take it as fact. That isn't an argument.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2015, 06:35:44 am »

By a webcomic and common sense. If you look at the society's work, you'll see plenty of people growing beard out of sheer will. People, fruits, appliances, lizards, everyone that wanted a beard got one. Dr McNinja's research only confirm what should be common sense.

Now as for the superiority of beard over non-beard, it too should be self-evident. However, it can also be proven in a great many way.

First is the ontological proof, of proof by being. That which exist in reality is greater than that which does not. As such, a beard is greater than a non-bear.

Then is the inductive argument. It is acknowledged that the greater being in these parts is Toady One. Let us look at Him.

Yes, that's a beard.

Furthermore, when He created his most perfect creation, dwarves, which of His attribute did he sees fit to grant them? His cold, wet skin? His superior mathematical abilities? His insatiable thirst for soda? None of the above, but His beard. How then avoid the conclusion that the beard is a Great Thing?

One could go on, but I'm afraid that if you are not convinced by this point, no display of Sense or Reason shall convince you. The only way I could see would be to have you experience first hand the glorious feeling and superior intellect and wisdom that results from being bearded. As such, I've taken the freedom to prepare a Brain Growing Operation for you, if you'll just proceed and grow that beard you won't fail to be convinced.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2015, 06:49:19 am »

I'll support your bill if you make me an avatar like that.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2015, 06:54:51 am »

But... You avatar already has a white beard.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9