Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5932189 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19950 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:02 pm »

I think he's glitched, is there anyway to kill him?

Wait a month. Or forbid all the materials in the forge.

>Enjoy

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15:56 am »

.....and then everyone died.

I had a good adamantine supply, and I was about to make some armor, but sadly the dorfs couldn't pull the level in time..

This was my best fort so far, too....

:(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: February 26, 2012, 12:21:11 am »

The river bridge is coated in kobold blood now; the dogs caught a thief. A bunch of kids are fit for work now, and I have a new militia commander:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seriously, she was an almost perfect soldier candidate (Mighty, durable, likes swords, can handle stress? YES PLEASE), so I rolled back the end of childhood a bit. Besides, it'll terrify gobbos even more when they're being cut up by an 11 year old kid.

Okay, WHAT THE HELL.

Wave 3 of migrants: 43 dwarves. 20 of those were children. Nearly a third of my dwarves are now children, even with a large number of them growing up recently.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:40:57 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: February 26, 2012, 01:03:39 am »

The river bridge is coated in kobold blood now; the dogs caught a thief. A bunch of kids are fit for work now, and I have a new militia commander:

Seriously, she was an almost perfect soldier candidate (Mighty, durable, likes swords, can handle stress? YES PLEASE), so I rolled back the end of childhood a bit. Besides, it'll terrify gobbos even more when they're being cut up by an 11 year old kid.

Okay, WHAT THE HELL.

Wave 3 of migrants: 43 dwarves. 20 of those were children. Nearly a third of my dwarves are now children, even with a large number of them growing up recently.

Sad result of parents not wanting to leave thier kids in the care of merchants or whatever. At thius point I cheated and used DT to make the little bastards useful.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: February 26, 2012, 01:08:55 am »

Apply magma to the children.   It helps.  Seriously. 

Toady seriously needs to fix this, because I even hate killing game children.  At this point, it's just stupid.

Okay, WHAT THE HELL.

Sad result of parents not wanting to leave thier kids in the care of merchants or whatever. At thius point I cheated and used DT to make the little bastards useful.

So instead they bring their kids to get killed as useless leeches.  How kind of them.

At least I managed to feed mine to vampires.

Random aside:

Why is my doorbell ringing at 12:08 AM?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:39 am »

A child was found dead, drained of blood. The parents are not surprisingly, sad and maudlin. The vampire, our mayor and one of our defenders is sentenced to a beating, if our CotG ever stops planting!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:23 am »

A child was found dead, drained of blood. The parents are not surprisingly, sad and maudlin. The vampire, our mayor and one of our defenders is sentenced to a beating, if our CotG ever stops planting!

Give him a bladed weapon for this.  See if he cuts the vamp up.  You're better off training up a new defender then you are having all your non-vamps get killed.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:27 am »

The CoTG merely punched him, but he managed to mangle the vamp's left hand.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: February 26, 2012, 01:47:15 am »

Actually, it's rather funny. I've got a courtyard full of children, which is fun from an RP perspective. And on the upside, nearly all my adult migrants have been foodworkers, so they can take care of keeping us in booze and plump helmets while the original 7 and grown-up children do all the heavy lifting.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:06:02 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:14 am »

Toady seriously needs to fix this, because I even hate killing game children.  At this point, it's just stupid.

Okay, WHAT THE HELL.

So instead they bring their kids to get killed as useless leeches.  How kind of them.

Either they need to grow up sooner or we need to be able to assign them simpler tasks (Make the hordes of otherwise useless childeren be haulers and planters) so people will be less inclined to kill them to save the adults. at least as planters they contribute to the food they leech.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:43 am »

Well, my best squad consisting of 4 legendary sword elves, 4 legendary hammer elves and two legendary spear elves equipped in full candy and maxed or near-maxed defensive skills discovered a goblin ambush.

The leftovers:

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: February 26, 2012, 02:58:25 am »

Okay, WHAT THE HELL.

Either they need to grow up sooner or we need to be able to assign them simpler tasks (Make the hordes of otherwise useless childeren be haulers and planters) so people will be less inclined to kill them to save the adults. at least as planters they contribute to the food they leech.

In all honesty the ones who have grown up since arriving are more useful than the adult migrants, as I was able to draft them as miner/mason/mechanics. Anyhow, they help distract the alligators while my dogs kill them.

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: February 26, 2012, 03:16:38 am »

Welp just got my ass kicked(Literally!) by a troop of undead giant kangaroos. Seriously, anything that's giant AND undead seems to be a fortress killer(especially if they show up early!) in my experience. Now on to the next fort!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: February 26, 2012, 03:18:58 am »

Embark with extra logs and make cage traps.  It really helps.  Yes, it's broken, but it works.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: February 26, 2012, 03:33:47 am »

Y'know, I wonder how people get their Dwarfs to throw tantrums all the time. I've never had a tantrum. Or if I have, never more than one at a time.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 3838