Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5908462 times)

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19080 on: February 15, 2012, 03:05:20 pm »

Started out in a "terrifying" zone; got 'monster type' and fought off some harpys pretty well.  Starting to get set up to drill through the aquifer.. Its raining blood heinous muck..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:11:39 pm by Mickey Blue »

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19081 on: February 15, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »

New version is working awesomely. breached a candy vain with a fortifacation and found in hell clown SILK. lets get that silk and make SOCKS.
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19082 on: February 15, 2012, 03:47:20 pm »

so...
something is off.
why did my captain of the guard, hammerer and former sceriff...suddenly flash bright red and go with PALE and then FAINT?
Smart move vampire.
For the moment it's your win.
For the MOMENT.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: February 15, 2012, 03:47:39 pm »

Luckily the previous suspicious-looking dwarf had the decency to vacate the convenient Happiness Chamber located a safe distance from the fortress, as we have a new arrival...

(edit) The above totally not suspicious dwarf has two dwarf kills, so isn't a prolific killer.

Also whilst I wasn't looking, the dwarves elected a mayor. It looks like I wasn't paying attention earlier, because he's got the same descriptive line (although 159 years old), but no dwarven kills - nobody's gone missing/dead yet as far as I know. Maximum age for dwarves goes up to what, 170ish? I suppose they might be genuine... although if anyone mysteriously disappears, I think I know who the first suspect is going to be.

(edit 2) Sure enough, a Dwarven Child has been found dead drained of blood. Time to serve Urist McMayor with a nice stake dinner...

(edit 3) Looking through Legends mode afterwards, none of them were actually vampires. Still, at least by killing them, we've ensured that they couldn't become vampires, and have thus saved them from a terrible cursed fate. Hurrah!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:53:26 pm by Calech »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19084 on: February 15, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »

Terrifiying biome. A Foul Mist has appeared. BOOM goes right through the wagon. All but two dwarves got hit by it. It made every single bodypart "Heavily swollen with Urist McUnlucky's blood."
Then an undead perigrin falcon killed the stoneworker. Flash draft everyone, bam we got a re-dead falcon. Then Emu's. Oh god the Emu's. All in the first year. Oh and its not a good idea to reclaim in a terrifiying biome.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: February 15, 2012, 04:08:47 pm »

All my dwarves but one are completely covered in bruises.. I'm wondering what they got hit by while I wasn't watching..

Still trying to get my interior dug out and trying to put up some basic walls and a floodgate for defense.  Want to set up a well using the aquifer too for access to fresh water and get a proper hospital built.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19086 on: February 15, 2012, 04:31:56 pm »

Now he taunts me! he drained a child.
I KNOW you're there!.
I'm going to find you. the first witness is always a culprit.
even if he's not, still hammer him.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19087 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:21 pm »

Now he taunts me! he drained a child.
I KNOW you're there!.
I'm going to find you. the first witness is always a culprit.
even if he's not, still hammer him.

I propose you try and capture him. Stuff him ina room. No need of Urist McLyemaker? Already got a well prepared army and enough haulers? Hey, urist, I want you to meet our head of migration....

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19088 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:53 pm »

All my dwarves but one are completely covered in bruises.. I'm wondering what they got hit by while I wasn't watching..

Still trying to get my interior dug out and trying to put up some basic walls and a floodgate for defense.  Want to set up a well using the aquifer too for access to fresh water and get a proper hospital built.
It sounds like your just starting the fort so if it's an evil biome I'd say they got caught in the rain. As soon as you embark in an evil area you dig a safe place underground first and then you build a roof over your wagon, you'll never be able to unload it before the rain sets in.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: February 15, 2012, 04:45:08 pm »

could always embark with an extra pick to try and speed things up.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:31 pm »

Ahh gottcha, yea I am in an evil biome, the rain has not stopped since I got here.. Spend half my time resting injuries, fortunately I brought a good doctor and have a steady supply of food and water.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »

Shortly before the demise of my last fortress, I found out what the local evil rain did: cause bad thoughts, make everything yellow and kill the eyeball/tendril grass.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: February 15, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

Giant Mosquito Corpses everywhere oh god my FPS

Edit:  MIGRANTS WHY CHOOSE TO ARRIVE NOW?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:59:31 pm by Clover Magic »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19093 on: February 15, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »

la la digging when HOLY S*** ANT-MEN COLONY!absolute carnage... i don't think im ready for clowns
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Dwarftosser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: February 15, 2012, 04:59:17 pm »

Mayor just drank a baby dry.  Not sure how that's going to effect her chances at reelection...
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 3838