Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845572 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

A shipwreck with an abandoned wizard's tower growing out of the deck
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

Giant floating gelatinous cube.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Ship stuck in a giant floating gelatinous cube.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

An actual size ship stuck inside a HUUUUGE floating bottle.
Love, scriver~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I could see a horde of black puddings taking to the seas and acting like a giant malevolent traveling oil spill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had this idea for a setting I could create.

Basically it is a standard setting where in the end the heroes won, good triumphed, and while everything isn't perfect the world is going towards being self-sufficiency without hoards, monsters, demons, or magical disasters to really interfere anymore. With many nations with different philosophies, ideas, resources, races, and what have you to really fill things out. Basically putting the timeline at exactly that moment where peace was obtained.

But then I'll keep making the same setting but changing something or inserting something. A sort of "What if" scenario. Like "What if all the demons were released?" and "What if some deity decided to kill everyone leaving the planet nearly barren?" or "What if there was a zombie apocalypse?" or "What if powerful psychics enslaved the planet?" or "What if someone co-opted the gods and were maddening cthulian creatures?"

Over and over again.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

So basically bog-standard one-note-plot settings?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

The secret is every plot has the same villain and the same PCs, with the villain resetting time whenever the PCs stop them and the PCs only vaguely remembering the previous plot.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The secret is every plot has the same villain and the same PCs, with the villain resetting time whenever the PCs stop them and the PCs only vaguely remembering the previous plot.

That... actually sounds interesting.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I had that as an idea, with a book granting the holder the ability to warp back to the pint they received the book, and then the previous holder, who gave the book to the party, would warn them of the world ending in a set time, and the party member who takes the book would have to pretty much pull Majora's mask and try to figure out everything with just the warning the dying woman gave them. The book also lays a curse on the party member so they cannot be revived if slain (mostly to add more tension and to prevent more context from being given). If you're slain carrying he book, you're returned to the point you got the book but you have twenty seconds to pass it on or the book stop existing.

The plot was pretty much going to be running around finding out more and more info, and the party member having to find a way in RP to convince the others to do stuff while they remember everything that happens after each revert. It was designed to be an end game campaign and be rather long, but very rewarding by the end of it. If you pass the book on willingly or the book is taken by force, the curse passes on to the next person except if you're slain carrying the book
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

To be honest, not massively.
It's the same villain, so they'll have roughly the same goals. Who's behind it? Skeletor. What's he trying to do? Conquer Eternia.
The methods change, but there's not going to be much room for big twists.

There's also the thing of: "well done, heroes, you've won - now all your achievements will be completely undone and all that cool stuff you found also gone." That's not great, and removes a lot of the sense of progression. There's also the fact if the villain is smart he'd just go back in time and kill Sarah Connor assassinate the heroes. He has as many tries as he likes to find a way that works, he can just go back in time if he fails. Once the heroes are dead he then just progresses his plans.

Did the kingdom burn to ash? Doesn't matter, time will just be reset. Heroes don't have to win, bad guy just has to lose.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy I :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

You fail to consider other reasons for why the villain would be restring time, or using a different plan every time, or not just killing the heroes outright, Gig.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I read the Demons Book for World of Darkness

And I have to say they are really interesting! and quite creative.

But HOLY COW they seriously bend over backwards just to keep the demon theme. I know they couldn't change it because it was a selling point but... They kind of aren't demons and the Angels aren't really angels.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

New World of Darkness or Old?
I liked their concept a lot better in Old, where they often weren't evil...  just fallen.  They seem completely different in NWoD, basically unambiguous creatures that feed off vice.

Also, one of our players isn't showing up so we're watching an old 90's TV show Kindred: The Embraced.  It's... surprisingly unshitty.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 623