Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185722 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I visit the Maag once again and offer them a new economic system similar to communism where currency is not used between members, rather property is owned by the community and used freely by it's members, making it so that everyone benefits from the work of others without having to worry about not making a living. This should allows them to focus on progress much more easily and go in directions that might not look profitable at first but end up with unexpected rewards. I also offer a ruling system that elects multiple members to a council where decisions are made(Think democracy but with multiple presidents in a council). These new systems should encourage a greater level of cooperation, loyalty and friendship between each members of the species, while still encouraging them to work as they will want to help maintain the society that supports them. I also encourage the Maag to see their species as a single group, rather than simply associating with their village.

I also explain them that the technology I given them is there to kickstart their scientific progress, these inventions will allow them to progress at a faster pace in the future.

I also greatly encourage them to begin establishing trade routes with the other races, focusing mainly on selling dyed products and works of art for any resources their community need. I also recommend them to encourage local inventors, scientists and artists they might meet in their travels by any way they deem appropriate, without straining their resources. I also recommend them to bring very warm clothes, as the rest of the world is dangerously cold for them.

Lithus then returns to the assembly.

Hey hello Utther! I agree the world needs to be improved. Any suggestion on how to do so?

Oh, and while I'm not busy with my creation, thanks Nilva for accidentally helping my race progress!
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There are no spawn of divinity yet. Because we All Just Started Existing."
"Unless you count the mortals. Which I do."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, no parents at home, eh? Shame. Back in my day, parents took care of their kids, not just letting the void raise their kids for them!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I visit the Maag once again and offer them a new economic system similar to communism where currency is not used between members, rather property is owned by the community and used freely by it's members, making it so that everyone benefits from the work of others without having to worry about not making a living. This should allows them to focus on progress much more easily and go in directions that might not look profitable at first but end up with unexpected rewards. I also offer a ruling system that elects multiple members to a council where decisions are made(Think democracy but with multiple presidents in a council). These new systems should encourage a greater level of cooperation, loyalty and friendship between each members of the species, while still encouraging them to work as they will want to help maintain the society that supports them. I also encourage the Maag to see their species as a single group, rather than simply associating with their village.

I also explain them that the technology I given them is there to kickstart their scientific progress, these inventions will allow them to progress at a faster pace in the future.

I also greatly encourage them to begin establishing trade routes with the other races, focusing mainly on selling dyed products and works of art for any resources their community need. I also recommend them to encourage local inventors, scientists and artists they might meet in their travels by any way they deem appropriate, without straining their resources. I also recommend them to bring very warm clothes, as the rest of the world is dangerously cold for them.

Lithus then returns to the assembly.

Hey hello Utther! I agree the world needs to be improved. Any suggestion on how to do so?

Oh, and while I'm not busy with my creation, thanks Nilva for accidentally helping my race progress!

"You're welcome~"

Ah, no parents at home, eh? Shame. Back in my day, parents took care of their kids, not just letting the void raise their kids for them!
"There are no bloody parents! You really need a penguin."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Destroy it all! Go back to the good times, back before all this noisome existing nonsense came about. It's a fad I say, and it ought to be going soon!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She then continues to teach various rituals to the Humans from her temple, which many enjoy and are grateful for, but it seems to have no effect on the nightmares. Some, in a fit of paranoia, believe that they are only making it worse and flee from anything having to do with Iliseth.
"Aurosseu, didn't you say you were going to deal with this? I would've alleviated the nightmares by now if you simply told me you weren't going to hold to your word."

Looking at Teburshe, Iliseth doesn't find what she is looking for. She does notice a few mortal souls floating about aimlessly in the realm of the Gods, likely lost due to having no where specified to go.
Iliseth goes to these souls and gathers them together. (No energy, just telling them to gather.) She asks them what it physically feels like to be around gods. Afterwards, she converses with those who want to converse then proceeds to found both a choir and a fight club. This should alleviate the boredom a little bit, at least until an afterlife is made.

He shows off many engraved pots, bricks, and other assorted goods while explaining things like dance and meditation. If you where looking for something specific, you likely found it, as he was rather exhaustive in his explanations.
I compliment the priest for his devotion and his knowledge of my ways.

Blood sense on Humanity's population for anything distinctly non-Human and on Dwarves so I can tell the difference between Human and non-Human blood. Maybe there are soulless entities causing the nightmares? They still probably wouldn't have blood but it gives me an excuse to finally use it.

Iliseth and Uztot begin to spar! Iliseth rushes forward, swinging her sword in the best attack she has ever done. This feat is undone in an instant, as Uztot knocks the weapon from her hand in a single movement, disarming her. Before she can react, he begins to counter attack! Then both Gods roll a crit failure. Like, two 100/100. They both independently trip on Iliseth's discarded blade, ending in a sad draw. They are then pelted with potatoes with musical accompaniment.
"That....was not a satisfactory fight. Rematch?" (Holy crap that was hilarious! The potatoes/music bit was what made it. :)) You kinda forgot about my and Mavnon's fight, though.)

The Maag are taught how to make rope, which they had not made due to not knowing they needed them. The clothier Maag uses this new information to advance his clothing industry, inventing several more clothing designs using the new fiber. Ribbons are included, but they each have an insult directed at Nilva engraved into them at creation.
Open a trade route between Humans and Maag if there is none already.

Everyone seems to be able to know how to craft alchol. Most races with agriculture seem to have developed some form of brewing to preserve their drink, but they seem to know more uses for it and how to make more complex and intoxicating drinks. The source for this seems to very, depending on who you ask.
"It was obviously Humanity. They were the first terrestrial race, the first to learn agriculture, the first to raise crops of wheat or grapes, and the first to turn that wheat or those grapes into beer or whine."

"He just needs a penguin to cheer him up." Nilva makes no attempt to provide this "penguin." Whatever that is.
Iliseth creates penguins on the planet. (This is a mundane creation, right? Cancel if it isn't.)

"Izgamlo tried putting all his Power into breaking reality when Mavnon and I made him back down. The next Tick, it appeared Izgamlo used all his Power the Tick before and there was a hole in reality. It doesn't take a genius to see what Izgamlo has done."
This is foul slander! As can be seen by the existence of reality, with no notable "destruction" of it occurring, and no "holes" existing, I tried no such thing.
"A broken plate is a broken plate, regardless of how big the chip is. Even a fully broken plate continues to exist, even if it exists in pieces."

(Ninja'd by 8 people. Don't care.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:40:21 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

"Izgamlo tried putting all his Power into breaking reality when Mavnon and I made him back down. The next Tick, it appeared Izgamlo used all his Power the Tick before and there was a hole in reality. It doesn't take a genius to see what Izgamlo has done."
This is foul slander! As can be seen by the existence of reality, with no notable "destruction" of it occurring, and no "holes" existing, I tried no such thing.
"A broken plate is a broken plate, regardless of how big the chip is. Even a fully broken plate continues to exist, even if it exists in pieces."
Where is this "chip" in the "plate"? We all saw the nothing holes collapse.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:06:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ready when you are sister."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lithus returns to the Maag and warn them of the fact that there might be an earthquake and give them time to prepare themselves by going outside with their valuables objects. Spend one unit to attempt to raise a mountain within visible range of most villages somewhat near the exposed mantle (but not close enough to be too hot or uncomfortable for the Maag to live nearby), but quite far from any settlement to avoid causing damage to them. Estimate the size afterwards and help the rebuilding effort if there was any damage.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:09:33 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iliseth adopts a defensive stance and begins sparring with Uztot.

Lithus returns near the Maag and spend one unit to attempt to raise a mountain range within visible range of most villages somewhat near the exposed mantle (but not close enough to be too hot or uncomfortable for the Maag to live nearby), but quite far from any settlement to avoid causing damage to them.
Open a trade route between Humans and these Maag as well. These guys'll probably share metal-working tech.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:51:23 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iliseth adopts a defensive stance and begins sparring with Uztot.

Lithus returns near the Maag and spend one unit to attempt to raise a mountain range within visible range of most villages somewhat near the exposed mantle (but not close enough to be too hot or uncomfortable for the Maag to live nearby), but quite far from any settlement to avoid causing damage to them.
Open a trade route between Humans and these Maag as well. These guys'll probably share metal-working tech and since they won't have to rely so heavily on farming for their food, they can focus more on their own arts and sciences as well.

Did they even develop metalworking? As far as I know they don't really have access to any mineral source at the moment considering they inhabit a massive desert.

Determine if the Maag have developed metalworking, and if they did, find how do they acquire their metal and congratulate them for their discovery. Also take this as an opportunity to take note of any scientific progress or new invention. Also teach them the scientific method, and make it a central tenet of my worship.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fellow Gods, I ask you: which race is the most deserving of a spotlight in this universe? I have decided to bestow a blessing upon the most worthy, but am unsure of which is the noblest of the races."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fellow Gods, I ask you: which race is the most deserving of a spotlight in this universe? I have decided to bestow a blessing upon the most worthy, but am unable to decide on which is the noblest of the races."
The Writhes are the greatest and most deserving of the mortals to currently exist, objectively speaking.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"I vote the penguins!"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I vote the penguins!"
You mean the wolfguins? They aren't even sapient!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137