Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185711 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 5: Penguins?
« Reply #600 on: June 05, 2015, 06:01:36 pm »

Maag werewolves? Would they keep control over themsevles? The idea is certainly promising, but I will have to stop it if it makes them kill each other.
"I wont let you do that. I spend power on my creations, so I must make it succeed. No matter what I have to do in order to attain my success."
So must I assume that this will put them in a blood frenzy? I said I will not stop it if it does not make them dangerous to themselves and others.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:05:26 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 05, 2015, 06:10:38 pm »

"Your bickering."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 05, 2015, 06:13:20 pm »

If applicable, use my Pacts sphere to help with the creation of ritual magic.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 05, 2015, 06:41:20 pm »

Maag werewolves? Would they keep control over themsevles? The idea is certainly promising, but I will have to stop it if it makes them kill each other.
"I wont let you do that. I spend power on my creations, so I must make it succeed. No matter what I have to do in order to attain my success."
So must I assume that this will put them in a blood frenzy? I said I will not stop it if it does not make them dangerous to themselves and others.
"If it costs a few lives, so be it. I will not let you stop this, even if they kill some of your dear three eyed furry things."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 05, 2015, 07:00:02 pm »

"If it costs a few lives, so be it. I will not let you stop this, even if they kill some of your dear three eyed furry things."
You are again avoiding my question, why is that so? I have noticed that you have taken a very defensive and hostile stance towards me, why? I am not trying to attack you, only trying to understand what you want to do to my creation. Do I not have the right to know?
((and they don't have any fur btw.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 05, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »

((The Maags look furry.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 05, 2015, 07:47:39 pm »

((Really? That wasn't intentional. I imagined them having an almost plastic-like skin))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 05, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »

((They make me think of the kind of fuzz spiders have. Just without all the crawlycreepy.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 05, 2015, 09:18:39 pm »

((I actually planned to make something like that later. I still need to finish a bunch of stuff before, though.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 05, 2015, 10:48:30 pm »

Tick 6: Voices of Prayer

Izgamlo boosts his race's magic ability! The Ants seem to be more intelligent, at least in the matters of magic. The new portal magic begins to spread around, as Izgamlo teaches large groups of Ants personally how to use it more effectively (Izgamlo-2E).

(Will I get better research results if I submit less actions per Tick? I feel like I'm being subtly punished because an Aura of Creepiness? Seriously? That research could've been very important if it came to fusion of greater beings like sapients, angels, or even gods. Just tell me outright if I'm doing something wrong. Loved the penguin stuff, though.)

((What are you talking about? Most of your experiments succeeded. That one didn't because you are doing something over the Perverted limit  :-\. To be more technical, when a mortal gets soul-scanned, they get that feeling that someone is watching them. Which completely ruins 'the mood' preventing the action from happening.))

Human souls look similar either alive or dead, with no noticeable difference. The Monk responded that it felt like sitting in a room for several hours while absolutely nothing happened. Iliseth finally stops being a complete and utter cheapskate, spending a single power to posses (quote appropriately) a puppet*. She is capable of moving around in it, but not accessing its memories. She finds that she cannot sense the ambient power. She cannot see the other energies she seeks either. She expends another point of power, easily seeing it, being absurdly bright. She fails to return it into herself, and it simply vanishes into the Void. The hearth keepers that can sleep say yes. The ones who don't can't answer. The real question is: Do they sleep?

Walker: Customers! The Walker family has been making Dream-catchers since we Dreamborn first touched the ground, and we have never had enough to meet the demand! It is simply impossible for us to do without help!

Uztot's prayers:
Maag Trader: I have fallen in love with a beautiful Naiad, and she loves me in turn...but alas, she is bound to a fresh water spring at the top of a snow-capped mountain! Uztot, why have you forsaken me!?
Ant Soldier: I tire of slaying my brothers and sisters in this senseless war! Please, Uztot, stop the bloodshed!
Human wife: My husband was bitten by an animal a month ago, and now he is acting strange. Could you please check up on him Uztot, if it isn't too much trouble?

Averages: Overall, or each race? If each race, could you name a few? Doing them all would take forever.

Patronius assaults the Ants gathering for an assault to take the ring! The mind-controlled ants are devastated by a series of underground lightning strikes (often taking dozens of ants in a single bolt) and boulders dropping from above them. Seeing the enemy military devastated, the Alphas take the opportunity to strike, coordinating the assaults using the Portal magic. The Alpha with the Ring appears before the army with four portals around him, pouring formations at the enemy with no noticeable difficulty. He takes the hint from Patronius's attacks, using this ability to drop massive boulders on the enemy position. The little that remains begins retreating to wherever they can. (Patronius -3P)

Patronius then continues to offer Human leaders in positions of power even more power. Strangely, on being offered "their wildest dreams", they all cower away (sometimes literally, screaming something about stealing the rest of their teeth). It seems he choose a poor choice of words given the frequent nightmares. He makes the new ring anyway, keeping it for himself (Patronius -4E)

Patronius feels like he has several hundred followers, though doesn't know the exact amount. You help your followers by answering many generic prayers, increasing their devotion to you (Patronius-2P)

There seems to be no other battle happening at this time.

((Ciphertext: The key/decoder you gave me doesn't seem to work  :-\. Aside from that, this generally works worse form the then PMs. I mostly have been reading everything on the phone while a passenger in the truck, which I can't do with cypertext and it takes even more time to do then just PMs.))

You check the slab. It doesn't seem like anyone defaced it, though someone may have attempted to stop it at one point according to the Slab itself, from what you can tell. You find what you believe to be the lines covering the cause of the nightmares, but still cannot read them.

The Maag again prepare for a mountain to be made, retreating outside. The hill seems to have not exploded yet, fortunately. Lithus then pumps more power into it. It continues to jut out of the ground further, the sand dune becoming a small mountain of sand. The Maag seem less afraid of it, now capable of seeing it far in the distance, but still see little reason to go to it (Lithus/Luthus -2P)

Maag Clothier: But our fruits are so unequal! I have invented such great things, bringing so much glory to our community! We couldn't step foot out of our lands without my influence. Besides, every time I try to partake of the fruit of other's labors, it never lasts. Every time I get something, someone always takes it from me in turn. I can not even lie in an imported bed without it being taken the next day! I am sorry for my outburst, my Lord, but I do not seem to feel the same way about this new system as the rest of our wonderful community does.

The Maag then continue to build a sandstone wall. The Clothier, using his knowlage of inks and glitter, invents a paint that sparkles in the sunlight to use on the wall. He also uses his influence to add unflattering/blasphemous images of Nilva to their history.

The Maag confirm that they are, in fact, victims of the same nightmares the rest of the races seem to get.

I listen to the prayers of my followers more closely from now on.((Would it be too much to ask for a PM containing the most common/relevant/interesting prayers at each tick? If it is, then I'll just ask it for this tick instead.))

((Yes, that is waaay to much to ask. Generally it is best to say something like "listen to prayers" as the others do, which can be done in PM if you want. Ill get this after I get to the OOC, then the other PMs...))

(Do we have night? I'm not sure if we do. We probably at least have a period of daylight when mortals are inactive.)

((I think everyone has been assuming we do.))

The Maag Mosiac is blessed with the ability to effect the emotions of those who see it. The effect seems to be most pronounced at sunset, when the glittering paint is at its most beautiful (Uztot -1E)

Tens of thousands of oddly faced owls are released onto the unsuspecting planet fragments! They are swiftly noticed as a huge annoyance. The Maag are the first to discover their weakness, when the Elder Councilman was found to be unaffected by them, who had been feeding them assuming they where simply normal wolfigeans. Finally, his naturally occurring old man face came in handy. (Utther-2E)

Utther then grants bonuses to his vicious weapon with high hopes! Whether these have been accomplished is still yet to be seen (Utther-2E)

Alicia grants a large fertility bonus to her Alicia-born, increasing their numbers. She then orders them to become pets for powerful leaders of other races, sending them there herself. They swiftly die, unable to live off of their islands. (Alicia -5P)

Skolld finds a group of wolves close to a traveling band of Maag. He binds them together, into a single body. They are confused about what had just happened, but quickly learn to transform. They discuss what had just happened, and what they could do. They decide to move their gear in their new forms, doing so much faster then they would accomplish in their normal form, and start to see the benefits of this ability (Skolld -5E)

Iliseth continues ogling creations with soul sense. The light from all the essence being used blocks off any useful soul-wise, as she is unable to see any souls combining. After the light fades, they seem to appear to be two souls chained together.

((...Giving Iliseth free soul sense was a stupid move on my part, wasn't it?))

She does not detect any residual energy.

Gai-gen prayers:
Dwarf potter: I can't let the humans make a better pot then me! Is there a mechanism I can use to improve the quality of my pots?
Dwarf Trader: It is hard to move all this gear myself. Is there a tool we can use to move it faster?
Immortal Dwarf Who's Name I can't Remember: This is fantastic! We have been undergoing another golden age of invention! Can I have your blessing for some form of engineering skills?

Moi'aaty prayers:
Sad Ant: All my friends where killed when the God smote the mind-controlled army. Please bring them back!
Young Sapling: What happens to souls when they die?
Old Space Whale: Praise life!

Lauxal prayers:
Hungry Man: It is hard to grow plants when it is always dark...could you make us some plants we can use?
Something: What is the greatest nightmare one could experience?
Human man: MAKE MY NIGHTMARES STOOOOP! PLEEEAAAASE LAUXAL MAKE IT STOOOOOP!

Lorash creates ritual magic, teaching it to the dwarves! It seems to attempt to use the overpaid essence as a power source, at least until specified otherwise. The first spell is also created, which quickly spreads through the settlements as copper creatures are crafted to defend them from the numerous nightmare causers. (Lorash -7E,-5P)

Aurosseu assists Lorash and grants his sphere bonus to the project, though he won't contribute resources.

The sphere bonus seems to have no effect, as this seems to be the only spell in a very wide-reaching magic system that uses dreams.

Nilva contributes her sphere bonus to the varied wolf things the chaingod is making.

(Done. Then undone.)

Lorash uses his remaining Power to create beings with the appearance of Dwarves. Something feels...off about them, and they seem to have no pupils. They go through the lands, helping to spread ritual magic at a faster rate. (Lorash-1P)

"Ill stop with the nightmares and tell my followers to stop bothering your followers, if you stop the creation of these Dream Guards and don't hurt my races."

(Is that an order?)

Iliseth finally realizes that even a single point of Crux would block out any soul that a God would have.

OVERFLOW doesn't seem to change their appearance. As it is an OOC label, this is understandable.

The Clothier Maag is forced into the king of all cloths, the schoolgirl outfit. He screams blasphemies at Nilva for three days without stop, before finally calming down to find the three cutest Maag in the land to model this new outfit. This new creation receives a prominent space on the wall with an absurd amount of glitter added.

If applicable, use my Pacts sphere to help with the creation of ritual magic.

Done.

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:24:01 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It's fine that you delay on income calculation.))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"*Sigh* If this is how I feel before I even dip into my Crux..."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 05, 2015, 11:26:15 pm »

((Ciphertext: The key/decoder you gave me doesn't seem to work  :-\. Aside from that, this generally works worse form the then PMs. I mostly have been reading everything on the phone while a passenger in the truck, which I can't do with cypertext and it takes even more time to do then just PMs.))
((I had started to suspect that much, especially after I realised misused the cipher by having each line be separate without mentioning it.))

Spoiler: Not GM only anymore (click to show/hide)
"I suppose, with recent happenings, I can now drop some secrecy."

"Ill stop with the nightmares and tell my followers to stop bothering your followers, if you stop the creation of these Dream Guards and don't hurt my races."
"That sounds like a confession. I guess the most obvious suspect was the culprit for once. How often does that happen? Still, I wouldn't trust you to just stop with the nightmares as you have the Desire, as have we all. Please, give me something beyond words and I'll consider the truce."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Tch, I thought destroying the armies would be a bad idea but fatigue overtook me before I could discuss being more surgical with the God of Greed.

Spend power to destroy all surviving Archons. Forbid any further fighting between ants. Listen to prayers. Teach the ants the new ritual magic created by Lorash
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:34:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Listen to prayers, use four Power to continue aiding Saplings and Trees in growth via weather an environment conditioning, use one Power to allow a Great Seed to be 'born' and planted in the desert vaguely near the Maag, but also sorta on the outskirts. Use two Essence to turn the area into an large and extremely vibrant oasis; probably the largest in the desert. Or any desert.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 137