Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185761 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

((Most powerful of the non-sapient ones? Doesn't that include the elemental wolves? They're the most powerful of the wolves after all.))
((it's not a whole race kinda thing, only the top tier of each. Like the one most powerful of the elemental wolves would die, but the rest are fine. The sapient races lose mayors, kings, etc. But only the one who had the most power over each group.))
((That's still tampering with Skolld's experiments.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((ugh, fine. if it's just going to be a waste of power all around, i'll retract it))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

((ugh, fine. if it's just going to be a waste of power all around, i'll retract it))
((Nah, just keep it, it's a good bit of characterization.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maag werewolves? Would they keep control over themsevles? The idea is certainly promising, but I will have to stop it if it makes them kill each other.
"I wont let you do that. I spend power on my creations, so I must make it succeed. No matter what I have to do in order to attain my success."
So must I assume that this will put them in a blood frenzy? I said I will not stop it if it does not make them dangerous to themselves and others.
"If it costs a few lives, so be it. I will not let you stop this, even if they kill some of your dear three eyed furry things."
You are again avoiding my question, why is that so? I have noticed that you have taken a very defensive and hostile stance towards me, why? I am not trying to attack you, only trying to understand what you want to do to my creation. Do I not have the right to know?
((and they don't have any fur btw.))
"You speak as if you intend to meddle with my experiment, make all my effort for naught. I don't know what will happen, so your statement of stopping it, fills me with discomfort.
I am Skolld, and I will succeed.
"

I was being protective to my species. Surely you can understand this sentiment, you that fight so vehemently to protect those you have altered. No bad intentions were meant. Now that it turned out to be harmless, even beneficial, I wouldn't mind if you made more similar binds to the Maag, traders would be preferred, as they seem to benefit this the most.

Lithus appears again to the Maag.

I have good news! The god of dreams is working on a cure for your nightmares! In the meantime, know that it was Lauxal that was behind all of this torment.

I also have some clarifications to make regarding the system I have granted you: You can all benefit from the work of others freely, but taking something that someone is currently using is not allowed. I would like to thank the clothier for bringing this flaw to my attention. If any of you notice other flaws or find ways to improve the system, be sure to tell me. I will also have to ask you to take a similar precaution to the last few times, possibly for the last time, as I will attempt to raise the mountain to it's final height! The use I have planned for it will be revealed soon after.

((I decided that the clothier is called Huon because it seems he's becoming a recurrent character and he needs a name.))

Lithus pours two more units of power to raise the mountain. I also grant immortality to Huon the clothier.

This is a gift for the countless innovations you have gifted to your kind and the rest of the world.
I also have something for the rest of you. Your existence have been lonely in the past. I am about to change that by bringing you a new intelligent species for you to cohabit with.

Lithus creates 3k Saag in the area occupied by the Maag.
Spoiler: Saag (click to show/hide)

The Saag will be your companions in life. I recommend to bring at least one for every trade expedition that you plan. And Saag, the Maag will be your ally in life, take care of them and they will take care of you. Your alliance will form the Aag nation.

I also teach the Maag and Saag mathematics if they haven't invented it yet.

((and sorry everyone for the massive tower of text. I tend to always resolve anything from the most recent tick in a single post.))

Edit: I also use power to stop any rain that isn't occurring naturally over the desert for this tick.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:50:30 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

Wander the worlds, disguised as a well dressed human, helping those in need with non-miracles, spreading copies of the numerology, spiced with some metaphysical questions leading to the belief that space is a measurement required for all tasks of existance. All creations need to respect space to conquer it. Emphasize that towers are monuments to space and should therefore be built all over the lands.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:36:11 pm by Detoxicated »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 5: Penguins?
« Reply #650 on: June 06, 2015, 04:16:11 pm »

Moi'aaty prayers:
Sad Ant: All my friends where killed when the God smote the mind-controlled army. Please bring them back!
Young Sapling: What happens to souls when they die?
Old Space Whale: Praise life!

To Sad Ant: While I share your pain, I sadly can not bring them back. Their souls have already departed and are now in the domain of Iliseth.
To Young Sapling: To be quite honest, I'm not sure. I shall speak with Iliseth, whose domain is souls, and then let you know.
Old Space Whale: That's the spirit!

To Iliseth: This is more your domain than mine, but what does happen to a soul when it's owner dies? One of my followers asked me, and I don't know what the answer is.

Observe each race, and listen to more prayers.

((I would have spent both Power and Crux if needed to prevent you from killing any of the leaders. If people want to commit mass murder, they will have to go through me first.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You haven't noticed the souls ambling around the void?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Listen to prayers and take note of any advancement from the Aag nation.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica

I haven't, actually.

Go look at the souls ambling around the void.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Inspect technological progress of Dwarves and listen to some prayers.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uztot wonders how numerous his mortal children are now, and how many mortals worship him. He also listens to prayers.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, Iliseth, you call me out on not asking for help, but will you actually give any?"
"I most certainly would've but I see you and the other gods have made him back down."
(Happened right around the time I went to bed. Even if I'd stayed up to see what was going on, I probably would've delayed responding until morning considering it was so late.)

((you seem to have sapient, sentient and non-sentient confused. Sapient is smart, like a human. Sentient is able to react to its environment, like an animal. Non-sentient is unable to think and react, but still alive, like a plant.))
(Not quite. Non-sentient souls exist but plants don't have souls. Any animal that has no free will is non-sentient.)

To Iliseth: This is more your domain than mine, but what does happen to a soul when it's owner dies? One of my followers asked me, and I don't know what the answer is.
"The Sapling's question was not what happens to a soul when its owner dies but what happens when the soul itself dies. I have not seen any souls be destroyed as-of-yet so I can't give any definite answers, though I hypothesise three things: the first is that the soul merely ceases to exist, the second is that some heat energy is released and the soul as an entity ceases to exist, and the third is that soul-stuff is released and settles in the environment."

I haven't, actually.

Go look at the souls ambling around the void.
Looking at Teburshe, Iliseth doesn't find what she is looking for. She does notice a few mortal souls floating about aimlessly in the realm of the Gods, likely lost due to having no where specified to go.
(I probably would've fixed this by now but I'm waiting for some price checks.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Skolld hears the conversation about souls.
"If you make a place to keep the souls, I can make a bind between the souls of mortals and that place.
Once the souls' bind to the body dissipates, they get pulled into the realm of souls.
"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uztot tilts his head at Iliseth.

"Or you could simply be misinterpreting the words of a mortal child."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Skolld hears the conversation about souls.
"If you make a place to keep the souls, I can make a bind between the souls of mortals and that place.
Once the souls' bind to the body dissipates, they get pulled into the realm of souls.
"
"A soul's bind to the body.... As for your offer, it's probably unnecessary. Souls would be able to find the afterlife easily enough."

Soul sense on someone as they die. (Preferably someone that's away from civilisation so I'm not blinded.) Do I see any kind of bond connecting to their body? Do I see it break?

Observe someone as the make a Pact with Mavnon. Does anything happen to their soul? (Preferably look at someone away from civilisation.)

Uztot tilts his head at Iliseth.

"Or you could simply be misinterpreting the words of a mortal child."
"I could be, but there's no real way to know."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 137