Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185198 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put two essence towards punishment.
"Uztot, your Essence is needed for the project."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Were we doing that already? I suppose the essence of the others is enough."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((i think you waited too long, Stirk is probably asleep by now))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

I still say I shouldn't be punished, but if you damn kids feel the need to feast on the corpses of your forefathers, who gave you everything in life, who raised you, cared for you, and loved you, then so be it. Just give me some time to contemplate the gross obscenity of your horrendous actions.
"Describe to me an instance in which you did any of that...describe to me an instance in which any of that was ever done for you...describe to me what it looked like when I was born...you can't...because none of it is truth...it's entirely farce...and you should feel ashamed of yourself for it...I can describe what it looked like when you were born...I was there for it...and I will not speak for the others, but...

...I...Am...Older...Than...You...

...if anyone has been showing disrespect for their elders, it is you...you are a rash and impudent child ripping up flowers to get attention...now get...off...MY....LAWN!"

Ahem.
THAT IS NO WAY TO SPEAK TO YOUR ELDERS YOU DAMN, UNGRATEFUL, ROWDY, UNCOUTH, UNEDUCATED, CHILD.

Screw you "old man!" I'm pretty much the only one here you are remotely older than, so you can shove this age debate up your arse!

As for who is willing to punish Mr. Mass Murderer...

Aye!

Use power to double the pain he experiences during his punishment for it's first tick.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:10:38 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"You could always contribute to the binding you know."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Tick 8: Cast down.

(DARN IT! I accidentally erased the post when I was halfway done with it. I have no clue how I even managed that. Oh well. Hope I don't miss anything. I might have to speed through some parts...)

The rain stops, setting the world to much what is was before the storm. Many craters are now lakes, and the influence on clothing and architecture can still be soon.

The Maag are given knowledge of telescopes, basing it off their very limited knowledge of glassblowing. They begin to look at the asteroids, wondering why they continue shifting into praises, and the Moon noticing life on it. (Izgamlo -2E)

Illyria attempts to make a permanent portal using the wild life-energy of the wildlife given to her, in the locations you specified. She seems to be successful, several portals are created linking the planet fragments together. Each is about large enough to let a Wagon through. Illyria then goes to the locals, informing them of the new portals. They swiftly make "Gaits", essentially outlining the portal so they can see them using the local materials. Trade opens up through them almost immediately. (Izgamlo -3P)

Ant Society seems to actually be peaceful, at least for the time being. Now that most the Leaders are dead, the wars are over. They had gone back to their simply lives, living peacefully as they had before. The Ring Bearer claims domain over most the world, with the remaining Alphas apparently looking to take the world from him.

Izgamlo prayers:
Ant Animal Enthusiast: Thank Izgamlo for these miniwolves! Do you think you could help us domesticate them? We don't seem to be able to figure out how to.
Ant Eater: Can you give us something else to eat? I am getting bored of only having one type of food!
Human Mage: Izgamlo, bless this Ritual so that it may succeed!

((No, they where gone at the tick end.))

Mavnon gets busy in creating several new races. First is the Durazni, who patiently wait at attention for the creation of their masters. Then comes the Clan Rilem Dwarves, who are immediately given basic technology, social structure, and magic. They begin using the Durazni to carve out homes for themselves, and open up trade between the Humans and Normal Dwarves. (Mavnon -6E)

Five CRDwarves are sent on a pilgrimage to the stone, with the intent of learning everything Mortals know. They being giving their offerings, slowing amassing knowlage to take home.

Nothing seems to be wrong with the stone.

Sapling Trader: Thanks! I am sure many will enjoy bringing the gift of Dryness and Shadow wherever they are!
Sapling Scholar: Hmmmm...I know, I will ask the ritualstones what I should ask!

Incorporeal Children appear on Utther's lawn! They proceed to laugh, scream, and do other childish things. (Alicia -1E)

Human: I see. I will have to study this wisdom.
Maag Father: The Child grows up empathetic, becoming a good candidate for a new leader even at a young age.(-0E) The father takes time to realize this is the blessing he asked for, and thanks you every day for multiple years.
Maag: I will try to keep this in mind.

The Writhes learn portal magic! They seem to be more interested in studying it then actually using it, generally researching what it does and how it works. They haven't gotten very far yet...

The Elemental Wolves are Uplifted to sapience! They begin interacting with other mortals more, now that they have the mind to. They still don't seem to be impressively intelligent, but can defiantly follow orders. While the rain has stopped, the Air Wolves are granted the ability to control the weather. (Skolld -6E)

The Ants are taught architecture, which they seem to have some grasp of, and mathematics, which they seem to be poor at. They begin building towers, which while impressive compared to their size, really aren't that large.

The Durrakil respond to the singing by repeating the lyrics back in a chorus! They don't seem to be able to learn how to bend space naturally, despite you attempting to teach the quite obviose ability to them.

Stellarion prayers:
Dreamborn: Space, Space! I'm gonna space! In dreams! What is it like in real space?
Maag Astronomer: These Telescopes are amazing! I wish I could see some of those bodies closer....
Dwarf Hoarder: Ack! My workshop is out of room again! I wish I had more space for inventions...

The Dwarves are granted the basic siege engines! They seem to have had created most of the basic components already, it was an easy feat teaching them how to put them together correctly. They build a few, which are put away to gather dust until the day they must be used. (Free)

The Aag are unused to the concept of war, let alone against animals. None the less, they fallow the orders of their Creator and begin killing the Owls where they see them. They begin developing their weapons further, using the Saag to great effect. Slings are used to knock down the flying animals, with traps being quite popular. Huan decides to use all the excess feathers as decoration for clothing, and helps develop cloth capable of blocking the bird's claws easily.

Lithus/Luthus prepares an attack! The incorporeal children on the lawn quickly flee as he releases four Power. A massive blast of energy is released, overtaking the asteroid several times over. When it subsides, not a single speck of dust is left. (Lithus/Luthus -4P)

Disgruntled Ant: Most our leaders are dead! I am not sure how I can get an audience with the King of the Moon by myself...
Maag/Wolf: Thank you! I will begin studying my powers right away!

The Dwarf civilization does seem to be more advanced then any others by a fairly large margin. On top of being the only race that truly uses metal on a large scale, there are many other advances that make it so that nobody can deny the Dwarves are the most advanced race. The cause of this is a mystery.

Maag Gravedigger: I will be sure to tell the others of this, but I would still need to dispose of the corpses after dissection. Can we even be properly incinerated? Even the humans seem to have bones left over!

The Dwarf's lifespan is extended to around 150 years. Many Dwarven Elders get out of retirement, now feeling the effects of youth once again. (Stellarion -4E)

(You already listened to some prayers)

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Maag Merchant: Does it count as 'progress' if we purchase technology from the Dwarves?
Saag Soldier: These birds....why kill them?
Random Maag: Why do you keep raising that Mountain out in the Desert?

The constant good weather continues, making all the treese more fertile as always. The Desert Tree seems to be growing at an incredible pace, and makes an important landmark near the desert. (Teburshe -2P)

The Clothier puts on Owl Hunting armor and stuffs his ears with sand-cotton, trying his best to ignore the God poking him with a stick.

Every race seems to have a few leaders survive, mostly lower-level leaders below notice of the attack.

The Third Ring is created, and granted powers of protection (Patronius -3E)

Patronius prayers:
Human: Oh, Patronius, what are we supposed to do when all our Leaders are dead!? What is this world without leadership?
Sapling: Who leads plants? I must know!
Alpha Ant: That fool doesn't deserve such power! Patronius, give me Strength to take it one day....

Hungry Man: Oh, thank you! I will be sure to make them bloom wonderfully! (-0)
Something: I will work to personalize them from now on. Thanks for the advice!

Iliseth attempts to teach the humans sailing! They seem to have no clue what these "fishing boats" are, however. They do all their fishing from the shore. They don't end up having the technology for these boats.

Uztot relaxes under the Great Tree in the guise of a Sapling. It is, in fact, as relaxing as it sounds.

The Gods had decided that Utther was the culprit of the Regicide! There was a mighty debate about what was to be done about this, in which many opinions where formed. In the end, a Group of Gods decided that a fitting punishment would be to seal him inside a mortal body in the form of an Old Man. Some put in simply their support, others their essence, into this action. As the energy pools together, chains begin to envelop the God of Destruction! First they appear around his hands and feet, next they begin to cover his body like constricting snakes. Soon he is covered completely, head to toe. He is then dragged to the Planet Fragments, to a desert close to Maag territory. The chains vanish, leaving an old mortal standing alone in the desert. Even the sun seems to bring him intense pain, beaming down on him constantly as if to burn him specifically. (Gai-gen -2E)(Teburshe-2E)(Nilva-3E)(Char-2P)

The CRDwarvs are taught the art of spycraft. One particular dwarf named Lan Cao is granted immortality for the task. They pledge to devote their immortal life to this, and begin practicing immediately. (Mavnon-3E)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:32:01 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 8: Cast Down
« Reply #816 on: June 07, 2015, 11:55:17 pm »

Create the Root Drills in the Great Trees

Set Up the Soul gathering system thing

Use 1 Power to create another Great Seed, this time on top of a small mountain/large hill and/or metal/mineral-rich area.

1P on good Weather in general for the Trees, and 1P in particular for the new one...eventually there will be too many trees to jelp them all, and I'll have to focus only on new ones. They need to start getting used to that.

Response to Sapling Scholar: "...clever....I would not have thought of that...when you do ask...would you tell me what it says...?"

"Lorash...I would like your aid with something....this newest Great Tree...I wish it to be dedicated in part to you, if you can aid me with teaching the Saplings of metalworking and other arts...and especially if you would assist with the roots, though that would be a favor mainly..."

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:01:00 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 08, 2015, 12:00:19 am »

Teburshe, I am ready to make the proposed magic crystals plants if you are? I'd be willing to contribute one essence.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 08, 2015, 12:05:57 am »

Teburshe, I am ready to make the proposed magic crystals plants if you are? I'd be willing to contribute one essence.
"Ah, yes...I had nearly forgotten...I think it will take somewhat more than that...but I thank you for your assistance in any case...I wonder if I could make a Great Tree in the style of one..."

Make the Mana Trees with Izgamlo, by having some of the Desert Tree's flowers produce seeds for them that can be carried on the wind. Once enough Mana Trees have been seeded this way(a goodly amount, enough for both orchards and wild, carried across the planets by wind and such before growing, though mostly in the desert around the Tree), the Desert Tree's flowers will return to normal
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 08, 2015, 12:06:25 am »

"Brother Teburshe, when I am not tied up helping Iliseth I would like to give your Saplings a gift. Spirits to protect their groves."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 08, 2015, 12:07:23 am »

Utther looks up at the sky, searching for his lawn, hoping the one thing he ever loved remained intact. He saw nothing.
Utther, filled with unimaginable rage and pain, begins to head toward the Maag near him. His presence carries a strange weight to it, he looks like a normal old man, and is about as strong, but the air around him feels heavy, and people around him feel a tightening in their chest, and the rage in his eyes looked almost inhuman.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:12 am »

"Brother Teburshe, when I am not tied up helping Iliseth I would like to give your Saplings a gift. Spirits to protect their groves."
"...I would welcome such a gift...and be grateful for it, Brother Uztot...in kind, I will offer you a gift when I am able...tell me...where would you like your Great Tree to be planted?"

A sly, kindly smile.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:25 am »

Alicia listens to prayers

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 08, 2015, 12:15:05 am »

Contribute one essence to the creation of the Mana Trees.

Use one power to bless the human who prayed to me's ritual. Investigate what the ritual actually is out of curiosity.

Use essence to modify the chitin moon so that it can produce additional nectar in several different flavours in addition to the original nectar. It also grows different types of bulb-fruit on certain cave walls, which are also edible to the ants.

Use essence (if needed) to teach the ants how to domesticate the mini wolf animals. Cancel this action if it would draw on crux.

I release Illyria, my human prophet, from our arrangement. She has served me mostly satisfactorily up till now. She is now free to do what she wishes, though acting against me will bring retribution like anyone else doing it would.

((When did those miniwolves show up btw? I don't remember that happening.))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:36:17 am by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 08, 2015, 12:33:59 am »

"...I would welcome such a gift...and be grateful for it, Brother Uztot...in kind, I will offer you a gift when I am able...tell me...where would you like your Great Tree to be planted?"

A sly, kindly smile.
"I am honored. I will have to think of a good location for it."

(Are we going to start exhibiting what I'm calling the Keshan problem in honor of Ye Gods? Namely, that lots of important things like the Great Trees and the Maag Mosaic will end up on one planet fragment?)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:35:36 am by Vgray »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 137