Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185859 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 8: Cast Down
« Reply #825 on: June 08, 2015, 12:37:54 am »

"Brother Teburshe, when I am not tied up helping Iliseth I would like to give your Saplings a gift. Spirits to protect their groves."
"...I would welcome such a gift...and be grateful for it, Brother Uztot...in kind, I will offer you a gift when I am able...tell me...where would you like your Great Tree to be planted?"

A sly, kindly smile.
"I am honored. I will have to think of a good location for it."

(Are we going to start exhibiting what I'm calling the Keshan problem in honor of Ye Gods? Namely, that lots of important things like the Great Trees and the Maag Mosaic will end up on one planet fragment?)
((The Maag themselves are located on one planet fragment (they were all created in a single large desert) so that's hardly a problem? Also the entire problem is removed because I've linked everything up with permanent portals. I haven't even done anything dickish like demanding a toll fee for using the portals! Be grateful!

Izgamlo is accepting essence donations *hint hint*))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:53:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 08, 2015, 12:54:12 am »

Izgamlo is accepting essence donations *hint hint*
((that sounds very sexual))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 08, 2015, 12:56:45 am »

Izgamlo is accepting essence donations *hint hint*
((that sounds very sexual))
((More like you have your mind in the gutter))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 08, 2015, 12:58:05 am »

'Sevron bides his time, waiting for his essence to regenerate.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 08, 2015, 12:58:48 am »

((Nilva would only donate if it went towards a project that interests her or is sufficiently silly.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 08, 2015, 01:01:26 am »

Lithus/Luthus prayers responds to prayers:
Maag Merchant:
Hmm.. A good question indeed. I believe that obtaining knowledge from others is indeed a form of progress. If you intend to purchase these, might I suggest putting an emphasis on finding how to use the various metals they are extracting? It will be greatly benefiting in the long term, when I will have achieved one of my goals.
Saag Soldier:
These vile creatures were created by Utther, the one who is behind the slaughter of many members of this nation. It is only just that he pay for his deed. I believe the war lasted long enough, though. I will announce it's end soon.
Random Maag: Why do you keep raising that Mountain out in the Desert?
This mountain will one day be extremely useful for your nation. I cannot reveal it's use for now, though. It would spoil the surprise.
Disgruntled Ant:
Perhaps it is an occasion for you to bring the change you dream of, then. If you can coordinate a large enough number of your kind, you will be able to establish yourself as a leader. I would assume your king will welcome such an initiative, as he seems to be running out of leaders. Prove yourself useful to him, and you will be able to work on creating a better world for you and your brothers and sisters in life.(Ignore this^^^)
You could start to assemble those who wish for progress like you in a scientific organization, allowing you to bring the progress you seek for all. Your creator have assured me that now that the war is over things should become more peaceful.
I use 1 power(If I have any, otherwise Ignore this), spread over as long as it can last instead of being given in a single burst to give this ant the courage needed to perform this act.(Ignore this too^^^)
Maag/Wolf:
Great. Be sure to tell me the results of your test, I would love to hear it.
Maag Gravedigger:
On second tought, incineration might not work, considering your high tolerance to heat. Instead, I recommend sealing the dead in a sarcophagus, as close to be airtight as possible, and putting them in a room specifically built for holding them. When enough corpses have gathered, bury them all at once with the help of as many Maag or Saag as you deem necessary. This event should become a ceremony, one to allow the relatives of those who died to say goodbye one last time to those they loved. I also recommend you to try to find ways to keep the sand from filling the hole as soon as it is removed. Perhaps you could use planks to surround the zone which will be used for the burial, thus preventing sand from falling again. You and the other gravediggers should work together on finding the best way to keep sand from filling a hole, and you might want to involve architects too, as the benefits that could come from such a technique will surely help them, and their expertise will surely be beneficial.
Dwarf who claimed his species was the most advanced:
I have verified your claim and it seems that you are right. Congratulations for your hard work, your species is now the most technologically advanced. May your future be as prosperous as your present.

Lithus/Luthus announces the end of the war. Any operation related to the war may be continued until completion, but no new ones are to be made. Hunting the frowning owls is still permitted and even encouraged, as they have proven to be a good source of feathers.
Any technological progress centered around weaponry should be continued, but it is no longer the priority that it once was. Finding alternative use to these inventions is also encouraged. I have also given a task to one of the gravedigger. Helping him in his endeavor should be a priority. And finally, Utther was forced into a powerless mortal form at the edge of the desert you inhabit as part of his punishment, he is heading towards the nearest settlement. I will let you decide what you want to make out of that, but I recommend vigilance, he might be preparing something. Even thought he should be unable to do any harm, he is known to act in secret. Any military force that is no longer used in the war should be re-purposed to defend settlements, especially those that are the closest to the edge of the desert.

Lithus/Luthus listen to prayers again.

Edit: Changed my response to the ant as Izgamlo requested.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:28:17 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 08, 2015, 01:02:13 am »

"Nilva, would you be willing to aid me in constructing the Ring of the Wolf? I'd grant it to only the most fierce. Also, I'll add in a side effect of the bearer questioning his sexual identity (if you so desire). Also, ribbons."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 08, 2015, 01:05:04 am »

Disgruntled Ant:
Perhaps it is an occasion for you to bring the change you dream of, then. If you can coordinate a large enough number of your kind, you will be able to establish yourself as a leader. I would assume your king will welcome such an initiative, as he seems to be running out of leaders. Prove yourself useful to him, and you will be able to work on creating a better world for you and your brothers and sisters in life.
I use 1 power(If I have any, otherwise Ignore this), spread over as long as it can last instead of being given in a single burst to give this ant the courage needed to perform this act.
I would ask you to temper this message Lithus. The unbound ambition of the Alphas has caused misery among my ants. Their destruction by Utther seems to have done quite some good to ant society, even if the method is not one I would have chosen.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:07:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 08, 2015, 01:05:39 am »

"Nilva, would you be willing to aid me in constructing the Ring of the Wolf? I'd grant it to only the most fierce. Also, I'll add in a side effect of the bearer questioning his sexual identity (if you so desire). Also, ribbons."
"What would the ring do?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 08, 2015, 01:06:29 am »

"What would the ring do?"
I would guess that it turns the owner into a wolf? Mmm, that doesn't seem too useful actually...

Perhaps a gigantic wolf?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 08, 2015, 01:08:11 am »

"The primary effect? Increase the ferocity of the bearer. It would also increase his strength and change his physical appearance to somewhat resemble that of a wolf. There'd be a few other effects; shapeshifting, going berserk, and so on."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 08, 2015, 01:12:13 am »

Disgruntled Ant:
Perhaps it is an occasion for you to bring the change you dream of, then. If you can coordinate a large enough number of your kind, you will be able to establish yourself as a leader. I would assume your king will welcome such an initiative, as he seems to be running out of leaders. Prove yourself useful to him, and you will be able to work on creating a better world for you and your brothers and sisters in life.
I use 1 power(If I have any, otherwise Ignore this), spread over as long as it can last instead of being given in a single burst to give this ant the courage needed to perform this act.
I would ask you to temper this message Lithus. The unbound ambition of the Alphas has caused misery among my ants. Their destruction by Utther seems to have done quite some good to ant society, even if the method is not one I would have chosen.
I was under the impression that a large portion of your moon was left ungoverned. I saw this a an opportunity to restore order. And finally, the message I hoped to send to this ant was to make the changes he wished to see by himself. Sorry if I was misguided. How should I change my message?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 08, 2015, 01:12:13 am »

"Berserk is bad. Wolves are smart. Not bloodthirsty. They also tend to be more group oriented."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 08, 2015, 01:21:07 am »

Disgruntled Ant:
I was under the impression that a large portion of your moon was left ungoverned. I saw this a an opportunity to restore order. And finally, the message I hoped to send to this ant was to make the changes he wished to see by himself. Sorry if I was misguided. How should I change my message?
From my observations, order is already restored, fighting being lacking without the Alphas squabbling over territory. While I am not opposed to the ant enacting change, I would prefer he not do so by amassing leadership. Have him focus on progress rather than power. His original complaints about the only thing changing being who they are fighting is already invalid, since the fighting has largely stopped and progress has happened among the ants, with them having learned architecture and basic maths.

I suggest that he focuses on becoming a scientist and researcher rather than a leader.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 08, 2015, 01:29:44 am »

"Well, I'll tell you what. You know more about wolves than me; I'll build the framework for the ring, add the effects all of my rings have, add the ferocity bit, and the shapechanging bit. You can add additional effects based upon what wolves are good at. Sound fair? This way, I'll get another ring made and you'll get to have a Ring of the Wolf in the world."
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 137