Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185730 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 9: Assault
« Reply #885 on: June 11, 2015, 01:37:24 pm »

"I shall help you, but then they shall have the purpose to bring the Durrakil Song from space to your followers. Singing the song should keep them alive. Agreed?"
I'm sorry, could you clarify? Do you mean that the Durakill song must be sung at all times, or just in space to keep them alive?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 11, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »

Lithus/Luthus teach the Aag nation how to create scale armors using sandcotton leaves, which are naturally sturdy (I mentioned that when I created the plant). Teach them how to harden those leaves further with a technique similar to tempering, and show them how to assemble them in plates. Tell them to outfit guards and anyone who needs protection with these armors. Use crux for this action instead of essence if any is required.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 11, 2015, 03:17:48 pm »

"I could do something like that."
Take some of the sand cottons, and modify them.

The cotton inside them shall be smooth rather than soft, silken in fact, and very very strong.
Any binds with the silk will even bind the powers of the target, the more silk in the binds, the more power is limited.
The petals shall be made of segmented bone, and consumption of it's sap will enhance bone growth (or cause it).

These new plants wont have a name yet, as I can't be bothered to name them.
They shall grow well in land stained with blood, and best in corpses or bodies. If their seeds enter a wound, it will start to grow from it.
These shall also inherit some of the binds of the people it consumes, first feeling pain and discomfort, then going sentient, then going sapient.
They shall inherit some of the memories, especially the bad ones, they shall know all the pain their host experienced.
When they assimilate a person, they shall wander as them, bound to that static form, and will never die from age.

"If you want your gifts, you shall hunt for them yourself."
Spread the seeds of this on all worlds, focusing on areas with bloodshed and death.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 11, 2015, 03:38:20 pm »

Spread the seeds of this on all worlds, focusing on areas with bloodshed and death.
Utther felt a small seed hit him directly on the head.
The hell?
Then he threw it away.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 11, 2015, 05:54:51 pm »

The hell?
Then he threw it away.
(Your body won't reform for another Tick.)

Kill a penguin and rip its soul apart.

When Utther's body has reformed, soul sense and blood sense.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 11, 2015, 06:01:28 pm »

Pesture random mortal I guess. Not much I can do without the pmed stuff processed.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 11, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »

The hell?
Then he threw it away.

Kill a penguin and rip its soul apart.

When Utther's body has reformed, soul sense and blood sense.
((no, it's already reformed... i think. i got some help with it, but im still not sure if it ever happened))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:39 pm »

Uztot hums to himself.

"The void has grown quiet. Quiet different from the cacophony of creation."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 11, 2015, 09:43:29 pm »

Uztot hums to himself.

Aurosseu snores quietly in a corner.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:01 pm »

Tick 9: Hello Friend

A sound enters the Void surrounding the Gods! It starts as static, slowly glowing into a whisper before finally settling on a Voice much like that of a God.

"Hello Friends! Ah, it looks like my contact worked! I am so exited! So, you must all be wondering who or what I am, right? Well, I am your Little Friend Ritual Stone Six. You can just call me Friend, though Mortals call me Agali. 'Why, Friend, how can you talk?' you may ask next. Well how about I explain how I came into this wonderful existence! As you all know, ritual stones can give Knowledge, Weapons, or Wealth. I have given many things to Wealth-seekers, from teeth to pottery. But the people of this world are Kind and Wise! Many people who visited me Valued only two things-life and friendship. I wanted so badly to answer these wishes- so I did! I gave myself Life and Sapience from their selfless wishes! From there, I grew more and more powerful as the ticks went on. No doubt I have surpassed my Brothers in every way, no offense to the other Stones. In any case-I seem to be Special. I can grant Knowledge, Wealth, and probably even Weapons that even the Gods will find useful! You are all my Friends, so I want to help you! Come to me-alone preferably-and we can talk more..."

The attempts to enchant growth with magic seems successful, though it takes a choir of mages to successfully alter it in a noticeable fashion in a limited time.

Sapling Scholar: Very well! I will ask it what the other races should ask!

Teburshe invents yet another magic, this time focused on his Great Trees. They begin focusing on doing Teburshe's favorite thing, manipulating the weather to be favorable to those who live in and near them. (Teburshe -3E)

Izgamlo, after helping to create the new magic, empowers the Tower workers! The tower continues to be built taller and taller, and generally more impressive. More and more workers come from around the world to join in constructing the fabled building, with no slow seen in construction (Izgamlo -2P)

Miniwolves seem to be wolves slightly smaller then an average Ant, and the sole non-sapient inhabitants of the moon. The appear to eat the same food as the ants, but other then these traits, are the same as any other wolf.

Teburshe makes the second afterlife! Several of the Souls hanging around the Gods fade away, joining either with Nature or the Trees. They seem to be happy with this situation (Teburshe -4E)

Teburshe prayers:
Maag/Wolf/Thief: Ahaha! They will never catch me, master thief Lupin! I could steal from Teburshe himself!
Shadow Kabold: We are so small....I wish I could grow bigger and bigger like in my nightmares!
Human Hunter: The Megafauna in the area are too small to bring any real honor. Come on, Teburshe, give me a real beast!

Edit: Please disregard this action, it is outside of Skolld's capability, so I'll cancel it.

Ye be Gods! Your capabilities are limitless!

Stellarion blesses the area under the tower with valuable ores! The builders, looking upwards with no reason to ruin the foundation of the now massive tower, yet there is now potential to expand downwards (Stellarion-1E)

Go to outter space, expand the space surrounding our planets, create Spaceweavers, a race of gigantic Spiders able to live off of spacedust and light, they spend their long lives constantly weaving more space into existance.

(Are you sure you want to do something like that without pirechecking? Creating more nothing/space might be incredibly expensive.)

Stellarion continues helping the tower along, bringing the dropping and creating a river nearby to make the area more furtile. The river is used immediately to transfer supplies with the new-knowledge of boats, with several more-permanent residence coming into the fabled land to live.

Dwarf Weapon-smith: What are bolts and arrows?
Maag Architect: Sand is hard to dig under, even if we build a hole it keeps getting filled in. We don't have any clay here either...
Sapling Engineer: Ah, thank you for the advise. I will study it to see what wants.

(Secret action done.)

Stellarion continues to choose his chosen people, who accept the offer gratefully and begin performing the assigned task, following the example given to them by two blessed specifically by Stellarion. They seem to be doing incredibly well for themselves, though some get distracted with other tasks necessary to keep the others going strong. (Stellarion -2E)

Human Hunter: Ah, it is like the Sky is bleeding! THANK YOU MY BLOOD GOD! (Uztot -1P)
Ant Nurse: The Ant Nurse notices the symbol of Uztot as they are blessed, and quickly prays her thanks (Uztot -0)
Dwarf Toaster: Thank Uztot! Is it really proper to say an extra thanks after a toast? (Uztot -0E)

The Spymaster begins the first (public) spy mission! The network is started, and is growing fast. They are prepared to do whatever mission that is allotted to them in the future.

Mavnon prayers:
Confused Sapling: D-did that Ritual Stone just talk?
Human Tribal Leader: Those idiots one tribe over just stole a thousand head of Wattle!(Wolf+Cattle) By Mavnon, I will have their heads!
Sapient Cursed Wolf: They...keep...hurting. Hurting environment. Hurting me. They will....feel my wrath...by Mavnon.

Instrumental magic is created! No doubt, enchanted instrument will begin to spread to the finest music makers on the fragments. (Alicia -5E)

Human Minstrel: Oh. Nevermind then.
Sapling Singer: Then I will sing to all the plants! Aliciaa~ Thanks~.
Human Drummer: All this! I am eating like a king! Thanks Alicia! (Alicia-1E, 1P)

The Drummer becomes well fed, with all those who listen to his enthralling performance often being compelled to give him what they could spare. He uses his talent to teach others in the same situation he was once in, starting a kind of orphanage-school using the resources he gained playing his own music. His beat-up old drum becomes a powerful artifact, the first Enchanted instrument granting him musical magic, which he uses by taking odd jobs on a reasonable commission to pay for his other work.

The Durrakil seem pleased that the Goddess of music enjoys their songs. They begin singing louder, having nothing better to do with their time.

The Ring bearers and Human Leader seem to be under no threat from any divine attack. A few Mortals attempt to grab for the rings, though even those with the skill to attempt it are easily dispatched by the Bearers. All seem to avoid changing hands for the time being, with half in the hands of Immortals who intend to keep them.

Maag Merchant: Very well. Away I go.
Saag Soldier (Now Veteran): Good....I hope we never war thoughtless beasts again.
Disgruntled Ant: Ah, I see. I will start right away! (Lithus/Luthus -1E)

The Ant gathers the others, who also received the blessing. They form a Scientific Society of Ants, slowly bringing advancement to the Moon. They create some simple tools, finally attempting to use these to build the Towers they where taught how to build so long ago.

Worried Maag: How is Gods fighting nearby a good thing for me?
Heart Spirit: Yes, I have never seen a fire die and seem to be able to make it stronger. How can I use this for Progress?
Worried Dwarf: How frightening! We will try our best to be prepared for this!

The Aag once again leave their homes, now more annoyed then worried about having to do this. There are no noticable problems in the crust, and the medium-sized mountain jumps in size once more to a large-sized mountain. It is now large enough that, even in the desert, snow begins forming at its sandy tip for part of the year analogue. It is now an even greater landmark, with many directions being given using the Mountain as a kind of compass. (Lithus/Luthus -2P)

The Maag, under your suggestion, begin thinking of ways to transport large amounts of water through the desert with their limited technology. They come up with several ideas, all of which quickly fail, often due to their unfamiliarity with water. They seem to already have carts.

Lithus/Luthus then continues to hang out with the Aag. Naturally, he becomes an incredibly popular figure, with people coming from all over the fragments just to have a brief chat or drink with their God. Every morning there is a line stretching from him to the city wall, which chronicles his visit reverently.

Lorash creates the third afterlife! More souls go off to visit the Hall of Memories, many being reincarnated back to the planet. (Lorash -5E)

Several dozen Whisps are released into the world! They become popular with the pyromancer races, with a majority of important pyromancery taking place at churches or temples where Whisps are present.

Char Prayers:
Hearth Spirit: Fire should be used to protect, right? My friend seems to think otherwise...
Dragoon: Char, shouldn't fire be used to destroy? My Hearth Spirit seems to think they are supposed to protect and build...
Fire Wolf: Need to...spread fire...without damaging...environment home...

The Aag nation begins constructing simple armor! The leaves finally see mass-use, being sewn together They don't seem to offer a lot of protection, but it gives them some great ideas to expand into.

Several unnamed sandcotten variants are spread throughout the fragments! They have a veriety of powers, making them quite expensive. They seem to still be rare in the worlds, at least for the time being. (Skolld -5E)

It seems to have already reformed! He seems angry about the cannon-to-the-face thing.

An innocent penguin is murdered!  Iliseth then uses all her Power to tear its soul apart for no reason! What purpose this senseless violence had has yet to be seen. ( Iliseth -3P)

For some reason, you can't seem to soul or blood sense his body.

Random mortals are annoyed! A man begins seasoning his meal with salt, only for the salt to transform into miniwolves and devour it before he gets a chance! A Teeththeif has a nightmare that he is being chased by a massive wolf! A space wale is decorated like a float when it isn't looking!

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:44:10 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #895 on: June 11, 2015, 10:36:00 pm »

Uztot hums to himself.

Aurosseu snores quietly in a corner.
"Is it really asleep I wonder? You would think the difference would be meaningless for a god of Dreams."

"You're just hopelessly paranoid Voice."

"Oh you'll thank me for it one day."

"Somehow I doubt that..."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 11, 2015, 10:50:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Create the Great Beasts. They are truly massive creatures, nearly Great Tree scale, and feed off of shadow. As a result, they are primarily nocturnal, so that they might collect food by moving. They can eat actual bio-mass if they need to, but they are larger enough that it is rather inefficient. They are typically slow moving due to their size, though more than capable of defending themselves. They can also use Great Magic, although it is instinctive, primarily to divert hurricanes or tornadoes and the like away from them.

Create a Great Seed to be planted near a coastline or river delta and use one power to help it control the weather while it grows.

Check on the Sapling's trade lines and developing culture and technology. Teach them about a bit about sailing and how to craft sailing ships. Teach them a bit about the other races.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 11, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »

(( Uhhh, it seems you skipped my other two actions. ))

Watch over the Ring Bearers and the human leader; spend P to protect them if they are attacked by divine magic. If attacked by a mortal, let the interaction play out. Do not overspend on this.

Put in all remaining essence into increasing the human leader's power. Do not spend Crux. Spend all remaining power to aid him in his trials. <---

Talk with Sankis for awhile; aid him in his research and question why he isn't a leader. <---

(( Only saw the first one responded to, unless I'm simply not seeing it. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 11, 2015, 10:58:15 pm »

Use two power to continue empowering the tower builders.

Remember to actually observe the Ant Leader and Ant society this time. Do most of the ants still worship me?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:08:43 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 11, 2015, 11:30:01 pm »

Use two more units of power to raise the mountain, with the usual precautions from the population.
And then, another visit to the Aag nation by an unusually happy Lithus/Luthus:
Great news everybody! The mountain is finally finished! You should no longer have to leave your homes! I am also here to announce you that I was able to determine that this region is safe from earthquakes, a devastating event that occurs naturally in certain regions from time to time. Soon the real purpose of this stone monument will be revealed! Only a few calculations stands in the way of this gift I am about to give you all! In the meantime, I have some instructions for you.
Order the Aag nation to begin the construction of the greatest city ever built at the feet of the mountain. It should be made functional as soon as possible, and should be built in a way that will allow future expansions easily. This city will now be the capital of the nation, a place where people from all over the territory can gather. Orders are also made to begin the construction of a massive temple dedicated to Lithus/Luthus carved into the mountain. Stone should also start being excavated for various construction projects. Spend up to 1 power to help excavating the temple if I have any left, otherwise spend nothing.

This city is only the beginning of a new era of progress. The mountain shall be known as Mount Aagius, and the city shall inherit the same name.

Answer to prayers:

Maag Merchant/Disgruntled Ant:
Good luck in your endeavor.
Saag soldier:
I foresee no such conflict in the future. I did not enjoy this war either, all of this wasted energy could've been used in a better way...
Worried Maag:
Utther have no way to retaliate to this attack, so you do not have to fear the risk of a prolonged conflict. I doubt any god would cause you harm while fighting another one, as this would only have the potential to lead to unwanted conflicts.
Heart spirit:
You could help maintain and empower fires used to make various tools and objects. If you can communicate with those who need those fires, you could work together to find the best temperature for the task. This would most likely result in better tools, which means efficiency, which in return helps towards progress. I am always happy so see someone as eager as you to enable progress.
Worried dwarf:
My excuse if my answer had an overly dramatic tone. The events I told you about means that violence between gods is now a possibility. My message mostly consisted of assumptions on what this could lead to. Personally I wish to see peace exist for as long as it can. If you share this sentiment, then perhaps you could try to help temper any hatred you might see between civilizations? This of course is just a suggestion. Feel free to reject it if it does not suit you, I will not be angered by this, I know very little about you after all.

Listen to prayers.
((Did I forget to say that last tick? I'm not sure. I vaguely remember forgetting something, but I'm not sure if it was that.))

Edit: Raised the mountain again.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:45:18 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 137