Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185210 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #915 on: June 12, 2015, 06:30:07 pm »

Oh, well. I've already made the wisps without the sphere bonus, so don't worry about it, although I'll make them sing the Durakill song whilst in space.

Now, to my followers:

Hearth Spirit: Fire should be used to protect, right? My friend seems to think otherwise...
Dragoon: Char, shouldn't fire be used to destroy? My Hearth Spirit seems to think they are supposed to protect and build...
Fire Wolf: Need to...spread fire...without damaging...environment home...
Fire is to be used for whatever you so wish! Want to cook, use a fire! Want to blacksmith, use a fire! Want to raze a city to the ground, use a fire! Note, I am not responsible for what you do with fire.

Surround the parts of the environment you wish to protect with inflammable things like rocks, or use water to put out the fire if it threatens to harm your home.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 12, 2015, 06:35:54 pm »

Listen to prayers.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 12, 2015, 06:50:39 pm »

Create ten crowns of gold and gems, crowns that would grant their wearer perfect memory and greatly increased intellect at the cost of all of their emotions. These crowns would also grant protection from influencing mind by magic or hypnosis and some defense against divine smiting. Once the crown is put on, the person would feel desire to keep it on and would do so baring extreme circumstances or sleep. Grant these crowns to leaders of dwarvenkind.

(To dwarves)
To lead others is a power many covet, but it is a responsibility that few want to carry and fewer still can. To take up the crown is to sacrifice yourself as a person in exchange for power to rule. A king needs to see all others as equals before his rule, equal before his judgment and will. A king cannot allow himself such weakness as holding a grudge or showing mercy to favored. A king needs to be devoted to his people, to be able to balance freedom and law, to allow all that the people would want yet protect them from danger. To be a stable monolith, untarnished by sins in even most raging vortex of disasters and treachery. To take up such crown is to become such king. To die as a person and become an extension of immortal dwarven will.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 12, 2015, 09:22:41 pm »

((Aaaand update will come tomorrow! I forgot, but today is my parent's anniversary #excuse. So I will do everything when I have time.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 13, 2015, 12:37:10 am »

Somewhere random, an explosion of confetti occurs and out of the explosion appears...
a strange figure wearing bright clothing, a party hat and a mask with a painted smile...

Hello one, hello all!

I am Verruckt the chaotic, Verruckt the kind, Veruckt the entertainer and Veruckt the entertained!

Basically you can call me Veruckt. Really you can call me whatever you want but Veruckt is certainly what I am most likely to respond to. Not entirely sure why.

Veruckt gives a brief glance around the universe.

Looks like you've already... done stuff. Shame I couldn't be here sooner but then again, arriving a little late to a party isn't really such a bad thing.
Anyway, I hate to rush but I also hate to wait. Therefore, I think I will go about creating something for entertainment, mine and hopefully yours as well. A nice cozy place where people can go on adventures and generally have a swell time. Like a dungeon of rainbows... and blood... or something like that.

Unfortunately I am less familiar with this beautiful little universe than most of you and I'd greatly appreciate it if some of you could suggest some nice locations for me to place this dungeon of mine. Hopefully a place with lots of space. No fun in a small dungeon is there?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 13, 2015, 12:38:38 am »

Have you considered space? It has a lot of space.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 13, 2015, 12:49:00 am »

((Oh yes, Nilva will like this one~))

"Hullo Verruckt~ I'm Nilva. I may have a certain affinity for wolves~ And I like that rainbow dungeon idea~"

"Purrhaps the rainbows should bleed wonies that shit more rainbows? And the wonieshat rainbows swap the people they hit's genders?"

"Personally I recommend one of the many mountain ranges. You could hollow out the entire thing and fill it with all sorts of nonsense~"

((Wonies are small wolfhorses, normally around the size of a labrador, they tend to not like things larger than them and they dislike things smaller then them even more. They are not afraid to punt kittens.))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 13, 2015, 01:48:40 am »

Uztots voice changes noticably.

"Greetings godlings. You have no idea how boring this one is. I need someone interesting to talk to."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 13, 2015, 01:58:05 am »

"Hoy other voice~"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 13, 2015, 02:02:25 am »

Have you tried space? I heard it's a very interesting conversational partner.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 13, 2015, 02:06:13 am »

"It would almost be better. But at least this poor excuse of a divine teddy bear talks back sometimes."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:32 am »

Mavnon heard this...'Agali' speak. It was strange; by all rights Agali was his child. And yet, she did not feel any parental desire to care for it nor the surety that it was indeed its child. For all she knew, the stone could have been corrupted by one of the Others or something else entirely. Even so, it was best to act prudently. "My dear child, if I knew you had been born I would have treasured you far more. But pray tell, why do your brothers not speak or think as you do? Surely they've heard the wishes of mortals as much as you have. Perhaps there is more? Perhaps some more information in private?"

Waiting for the stone's response, she decided to answer the prayers of those mortals who had called his name.

Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)

That done with, she decided once more to weigh in on the Rilem Project. It was progressing swimmingly and now was the time to act. She took a dagger and sliced off a finger; a piece of essence that would regenerate with time. The finger, by its virtue, was sentient. A spirit that represented an aspect of Mavnon's being, it oversaw the Conflict of Circumstance, of Situation and the force that governed it: Luck. A feminine deity, Mavnon saw it as an incomplete part of her that had never truly developed and for good reason; it was better used elsewhere. Shifting into the Rilem Mountainhome, he found a grotto hewn out and in lit by sunlight that pierced through the mountain. A park had been made to exploit it; she very much loved the initiative of mortals.

Wading through the crowds of mortals that basked at her feet, Mavnon found a large fountain created by a non-Rlem architect of some renown. Admiring the craftwork for a moment, he threw the dismembered finger into the waters and left. Lady Luck would have enough fun announcing her birth. Besides, she already knew what Mavnon had entrusted her with and Mavnon was far too busy meeting the Regent to explain any further. And after that...well she would have to leave to ensure all mortals are aware of her new gift to the world.; the wonders of Adventuring.

Somewhere random, an explosion of confetti occurs and out of the explosion appears...
a strange figure wearing bright clothing, a party hat and a mask with a painted smile...

Hello one, hello all!

I am Verruckt the chaotic, Verruckt the kind, Veruckt the entertainer and Veruckt the entertained!

Basically you can call me Veruckt. Really you can call me whatever you want but Veruckt is certainly what I am most likely to respond to. Not entirely sure why.

Veruckt gives a brief glance around the universe.

Looks like you've already... done stuff. Shame I couldn't be here sooner but then again, arriving a little late to a party isn't really such a bad thing.
Anyway, I hate to rush but I also hate to wait. Therefore, I think I will go about creating something for entertainment, mine and hopefully yours as well. A nice cozy place where people can go on adventures and generally have a swell time. Like a dungeon of rainbows... and blood... or something like that.

Unfortunately I am less familiar with this beautiful little universe than most of you and I'd greatly appreciate it if some of you could suggest some nice locations for me to place this dungeon of mine. Hopefully a place with lots of space. No fun in a small dungeon is there?

"Welcome brother Chaos; I am your sister of Conflict, Mavnon. Though I think your existence perverse, I will tolerate you for now. In any case, I would believe this dungeon would find much use in Clan Rilem's territory; I have placed a font of power there that should encourage some exploration, especially of your dungeon."

(Do not do this if it requires Crux) Create the Hero's Charge, a fountain found deep within the Rilem Mountainhome. By consuming its water, mortals accept a Pact from Mavnon in her aspect as the Lady of Luck. By taking on the Pact, these mortals become intrinsically luckier. In exchange, they are forced into the adventuring lifestyle as well as forced obedience to Mavnon for the duration of their adventuring career. Retiring from adventuring will release the adventurer from his/her bonds as well as his/her luck.
Ensure that all mortals become aware of Adventuring as well as the Hero's Charge. Adventuring involves simply exploring the world and trying to solve problems so as to get rich and powerful. Hypothetically.

Order Clan Rilem to begin forcibly annexing weak human polities. Rilem spyrings are to supply information crucial to the effort as well as convince the leaders of these settlements to peacefully surrender. Those that surrender will be instantly granted full rights as clanmembers. Those who do not will be put into indentured servitude for a period of three decades and will only be released if their loyalty has been assured. While assimilating into the Clan is encouraged, all may continue to worship their own gods. Clam Rilem is very big on ecumenism.

Utther worshipers that cause trouble are to exiled from their hometowns.

Immortal Illyria is to gather what humans she can and aid Clan Rilem in its conquest. Preferably by destabalising them before Clan Rilem arrives.
Immortal Lan Cao is to personally ensure that conquered settlements are treated fairly and deal with any subversive elements.

Speak to the stone (what I say is in the first paragraph).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:43:36 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 13, 2015, 02:11:23 am »

Aurosseu shudders and stirs slightly, apparently at this sudden overlap of dreams and reality, but remains fast asleep.

((ETA: Tonight, though just a short wake-up, as I need to sleep IRL. Why must the interesting stuff happen while I'm away?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 13, 2015, 02:15:13 am »

Utther feels the presence of a new god deep in his old bones. He prays the only way he knows how: shouting.

Hey! Hey! Kid! Help me out here, I'm trapped in this damn body for the next few centuries for trying to help the mortals advance a little. Wanna set me free? Or maybe lighten this curse a bit?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 13, 2015, 02:22:11 am »

"...grum barum...pay no mind to our resident trickster...he looks a god of destruction, but I believe he's really a god of lies...he doesn't do much else, after all...well, I suppose he makes a nuisance of himself...breaking things...killing leaders...keeping things stagnant...unable to grow...I'd recommend not annoying the others who helped with that punishment by freeing him...I don't much mind either way at this point...if he keeps bothering me I'll simply make owl-eaters..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 137